Author Topic: Chelsea Sack Someone Else's Manager  (Read 1976 times)

LEE

Chelsea Sack Someone Else's Manager
« on: 21 November, 2012, 12:52:03 pm »
OK, they didn't sack someone else's manager but it's the logical conclusion isn't it?

I mean why wait until your new manager starts to work for you until you sack him?

Quite clearly it can NOT be about the manager.  They've had 9 in 9 years with totally unrelated degrees of success.

Of course it must be great if you are offered the job.  You get 5 years money (probably in the order of £10 million) and only have to stay there for 18 months.

Ironic that their biggest ever success came from a "backroom boy" ...who they sacked just 6 months later.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
Re: Chelsea Sack Someone Else's Manager
« Reply #1 on: 21 November, 2012, 01:15:16 pm »
I find it difficult to care about Chelski's misfortunes, but it is a bloody stupid way to run an organisation - let alone a sports team/club.

I guess it's the Russian plutocrat way - if this were back home, the komodo dragons would be getting fat. Sadly it probably influences the 'normal' UK clubs.

Bonkers.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #2 on: 23 November, 2012, 09:46:45 am »
It's only a matter of time until Chelsea sack the Director General of the BBC.  :D
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #3 on: 23 November, 2012, 09:49:14 am »
Well, they failed to sack a referee.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #4 on: 23 November, 2012, 10:05:08 am »
Yes, I liked that.  Watch out for Abramovich's attempt to buy the whole FA next.

Euan Uzami

« Reply #5 on: 23 November, 2012, 11:11:03 am »
NOrmally organisations sack an employee because they would rather save their wages, but they are going to have to pay his wages anyway so the reason must be that they just want someone else to do the job instead. Why don't they just relegate him to assistant manager, and have the new manager just overrule him? They've paid for him so why don't they use him? I mean even if it's only mowing the pitch, he could at least do something.

Question is, is it more economical to stick with a crap manager and possibly go down a few leagues and save yourself a few million in wages?

Why do they need a manager at all - if the players are that good why can't they organise themselves, or without a manager would they refuse to cooperate as team players and instead be every man for himself, all crowding round the ball like a swarm of bees all trying to get it to score the goal themselves? (Which is what footy tended to be like when I was at school.)

He can't be in it for the money as it doesn't appear to make commercial sense, so if Abramovitch is that interested in footy why doesn't HE be the manager himself?

Other point is that once you've got a contract as chelsea's manager, it's in your best interest to deliberately lose, as you'll still get the wages but not have to do any work.

« Reply #6 on: 23 November, 2012, 11:24:57 am »
I notice they are calling benitez an "interim manager" ...  It applies to all their managers.

« Reply #7 on: 23 November, 2012, 11:50:56 am »
"interim" means he knows when he will get his leaving bonus.

« Reply #8 on: 11 January, 2013, 11:07:20 am »
How long before they sack the interim manager and appoint an interim, interim manager?
Some of the fans are getting a bit peed off with losing .
I am not a big fan of anything Welsh but when that second Swansea goal went in, I cheered .

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #9 on: 11 January, 2013, 11:27:12 am »
I am not a big fan of anything Welsh but when that second Swansea goal went in, I cheered .

One of my cow-orkers is a Chelski fan.  After the match his father phoned him and started singing "Bread Of Heaven" at him ;D
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #10 on: 17 January, 2013, 10:37:39 pm »
Now that Pepe has gone to Bayern Munich, it looks like Roman will have to go a bit downmarket  when he sacks  Benitez.
Mind it's the ideal job really , win or lose , get sacked , get paid out, move on. Just the job to suit Big Sam or Flash Harry.

« Reply #11 on: 18 January, 2013, 12:05:01 pm »
Hands off Big Sam!