Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Took a wee road trip to Seaham and saw a truly spectaclier Aurora.
The Pub / Re: Super-Twat
« Last post by JellyLegs on Today at 12:19:29 am »
"Kemi Badenoch said X"
Therefore, X == false

She's a walking, talking spreader of disinformation and lies.

Unfortunately she has been my MP for the last decade or so.  I am unsure she has ever visited the constituency, certainly not my neck of the woods.  have given up writing to her as all she does is ignores the questions raised and spouts the Government line in a copy and paste response.  A complete and utter waste of money, if ever I saw one.   Most upsetting is the thought that she is somehow still likely to be my MP after the next election which kind of makes me want to nominate en masse the electorate of the Saffron Walden constituency as super twats.
DiL has sent pics of Northern lights visible from their house in Glangwili. Too much north light pollution for us to see it.  :(
Rides and Touring / Re: Twitey's camping break - May 9th through 13th, 2024
« Last post by Kim on Today at 12:12:12 am »
And the snoring begins...
Not sure it’s weather, but I will sneak it in as “weather ish” - the Northern Lights are clearly visible in mid Essex tonight.  First time I have ever seen them.
OT Knowledge / Re: Hanging guitars on the wall
« Last post by redshift on Yesterday at 11:50:10 pm »
I always thought the Gibson head breaks were caused mostly by the fact that the head angle plus the neck angle means the top of the head extends behind the flat of the back of the guitar. If it falls backwards the tip of the head hits the floor first and the head goes ping. Years ago I had a Guild with a similar profile and had the heeby jeebies if anyone leaned it against an amp, or laid it flat on the floor.

I had a 12-string acoustic that did the opposite of that - it fell forward, flat on its front, and the shock and the string tension destroyed the neck by ripping the head off forwards.

These days my guitars are either on a wheeled stand or in gig bags, and the acoustic stays in a hard case when not in use.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by Pingu on Yesterday at 11:43:46 pm »
A Saucerful Of Secrets - Pink Floyd
Arts and Entertainment / Re: Eurovision
« Last post by fd3 on Yesterday at 11:40:12 pm »
Do not watch the signed version!
(click to show/hide)
The Pub / Re: The best of ai LLM
« Last post by cygnet on Yesterday at 11:26:56 pm »
Recently read that every AI query is the equivalent in resource use of tipping a 500ml bottle of water on the ground. The companies making money off these things are working really hard to stop us understanding how damaging they are.

Sam

Given the reported size of global data centres even before this "AI' kick got going, I find that a)very believable and as a corollary b) not as surprising as it miggt have been.(Both on the cost, and the working hard to not report the cost bits)

Although perhaps I have combined the data center thing with e-currencies.

When the zombocalypse comes, there will be no power to grid for pretty much the same reason as there will be no trains.

So you won't be able to open your car boot to get the Brompton out, because the battery will be dead.

I reckon velomobiles FTW
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by Robh on Yesterday at 11:16:47 pm »
Behind Closed Doors - Charlie Rich
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10