Author Topic: North Lincolnshire Century 160km Audax event 11-329 June 4th 2011  (Read 2638 times)

stuart5508

Hi everybody,

I'm the organiser of this Audax event beginning at 'A Bite to Eat' cafe near Messingham and Scunthorpe in North Lincolnshire and writing to encourage you to help spread the word through the cycling community and come along and ride.

A triangular route beginning with a rural journey south east  through Market Rasen to control at Crowders garden centre and newly refurbished coffee shop.

Leg two is straight north to the Humber via the scenic wolds to Ropewalk cafe in Barton upon Humber.

The last leg crests the escarpment on the return route through Brigg.

Event website at audax2011

Entry postal or paypal via my site or the AUK one. 

£5 for Auk members, + £2 ride insurance for non Auk members.

All welcome

Hope to see you in June

Cheers

Stuart

DanialW

Re: North Lincolnshire Century 160km Audax event 11-329 June 4th 2011
« Reply #1 on: 06 May, 2011, 01:58:49 pm »
I know how much work Stuart's put into his ride, and how keen he is to make it a good 'un. If you're in the area, please support what I'm sure will be a great event.

« Reply #2 on: 06 May, 2011, 06:36:57 pm »
This ride has already caught my attention.I am on something of a come back trial at the moment and doing my first Audax of the year tomorrow.The Lincs Wolds 100 K if it goes OK I will enter Stuart's ride.I will stick a poster up in my LBS too,and advertise it on my club website.

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #3 on: 09 May, 2011, 09:09:34 pm »
I've just entered.
et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

« Reply #4 on: 09 May, 2011, 09:33:19 pm »
Me too :thumbsup:

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #5 on: 05 June, 2011, 11:49:47 am »
A grand day out.

Weather summary:
25 km headwind to the start
tail/side wind from Messingham to Horcastle
headwind on the exposed stretches of the wolds to Barton
stonking tailwind back to HQ and then back to Mum's.

Sunny but clouding over mid afternoon.

Passing through Thimbleby to the first control at Horncastle. Rapha jerseys flock together:

After dropping off the wolds, and passing through Tealby, it's back onto the Wolds again. Approaching Tealby:

In Tealby. Leaning and Son, Butcher.
Customer: A pound of steak please, and please make it lean.
Butcher: Certainly, Madam. Which way?

Lincolnshire's very own strada bianca. Joe Bulloch and Martin Goodhand seem to be enjoying it. I wouldn't fancy it in the wet.

Later on it became rather more verde

I'd guess there were about  25 riders, some riding their first century. Also there was John Horton, who gave me some tips before I started out on my first multi-day tour in 1975. So it's all his fault.

Many thanks, Stuart, and good luck with the other events you've got planned.

Plug.
et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

« Reply #6 on: 05 June, 2011, 01:55:15 pm »
Seconded, a great day out.  Good weather and some lovely scenery.  Thanks to Stuart for organising and the welcome tea and cakes at the end.

Looking forward to the next!

rob

« Reply #7 on: 05 June, 2011, 06:04:51 pm »
Would have liked to have made the trip up.   I am doing the Lincoln Wheelers 100k in 2 weeks time.

I was in the Lindsey Roads many many years ago.   Good to see them still going strong.

Rob

CountrySickness

• mostly puzzled
« Reply #8 on: 06 June, 2011, 09:27:32 am »
Great pictures and it looks like a most pleasurable day on the bike, I'll try and make it back to my native Lincs for this one next year. I hope someone puts a prompt up on this board to remind us next Spring.

I always feel a bit of homesickness when I see the orange lycra of Lindsey Roads, a really friendly club, I may have stayed a mountain biker if they hadn't welcomed me so warmly, so I've them to thank for all those hours of time trialling and audaxing in the last 15 years ::-)