Author Topic: Madness In The Fast Lane - BBC1 Now.  (Read 8599 times)

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
Re: Madness In The Fast Lane - BBC1 Now.
« Reply #75 on: 13 August, 2010, 12:52:39 am »
They were tested negative for drugs.
What tests did they do?

All I remember is the police searching them for drugs... :-\

(Based on the post-event psychiatric analysis it does sound like they were clean.)
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Zoidburg

« Reply #76 on: 13 August, 2010, 05:34:37 am »
What tests did they do?

(Based on the post-event psychiatric analysis it does sound like they were clean.)
Well they must have cross matched at least one of them and tested for drugs as one of them had a compound fracture of the leg that would have required surgery.

« Reply #77 on: 13 August, 2010, 07:58:47 am »
The brokey leg one had no alcohol or drugs in her blood

« Reply #78 on: 13 August, 2010, 09:44:51 am »
The following are some posts from a forum I found at the time of the initial incident but then at the bottom there is one that is no more than 8 hours ago due to all the internet interest in this case following the BBC releasing the footage.

The plot thickens as below:

LOTTA
Rottneros, Sweden
Reply#9
Oct 6, 2008
They are Swedish, born in 1967 ant went to the same highschool as I did. Their story is a sad one. Coming from very poor conditions, they were bullied for being odd and mean rumours about them were going on constantly.

Neighbor girl
Bollebygd, Sweden
Reply#16
Oct 14, 2008
Unlike Nonni I actually grew up with them in Sweden and I have a hard time finding this funny or something to joke about. Like Lotta sad they had a difficult upbringing and Sabina was very protective of her twin sister who was born with a minor “injury”. As I remember they were always very close to each other and perhaps this can explain why Sabina run out in the traffic too, after her sister was severely injured.

Marlo
Manchester, UK
Reply#47
8 hrs ago

I can assure anyone interested that Sab thinks about what she did daily. She is full of remorse,and wishes she could turn back time to Liverpool.
What you must bear in mind if you are making these comments after watching the UK BBC documentary is there was a lot of things they failed to mention.some things,such as the 3 men chasing them, the police asked them not to mention. Others,such as the other lady who left the bus at Keele,maybe they didn't bother,as it would ruin the sensationalism.
Peace and Love, Marlö

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #79 on: 13 August, 2010, 11:14:20 am »
What tests did they do?

Well they must have cross matched at least one of them and tested for drugs as one of them had a compound fracture of the leg that would have required surgery.
Sure, they'd need a blood type, but I don't believe that all surgery on broken legs is preceded by a comprehensive drugs scan. [I recall being asked what I had taken, but I was perhaps more lucid than this lady.] I'm no aneasthetist though - maybe there are some key substances they need to know about? Surgical teams are not criminal investigators.

So Sabina may have reached the police station without any drugs tests, and the police wouldn't know any test results from the leg-surgery-lady until later. Possibly.

Police cannot delay processing a suspect until they have gathered all intelligence from other emergency services, documentary crews, members of the public - they have to get on with the job as they see fit. They would need good reason to go looking for other data i.e. make a judgement call.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #80 on: 13 August, 2010, 11:16:03 am »
What tests did they do?

Sure, they'd need a blood type, but I don't believe that all surgery on broken legs is preceded by a comprehensive drugs scan. [I recall being asked what I had taken, but I was perhaps more lucid than this lady.] I'm no aneasthetist though - maybe there are some key substances they need to know about? Surgical teams are not criminal investigators.

So Sabina may have reached the police station without any drugs tests, and the police wouldn't know any test results from the leg-surgery-lady until later. Possibly.

Police cannot delay processing a suspect until they have gathered all intelligence from other emergency services, documentary crews, members of the public - they have to get on with the job as they see fit. They would need good reason to go looking for other data i.e. make a judgement call.

Yebbut... you know bugger all.   ;)

Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor