Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Caption It / Re: Caption it #2087
« Last post by Mr Larrington on Today at 06:15:23 pm »
Own up!  Who set His Maj on fire?
Where The Wild Things Are / Re: All Cats Eat Grass?
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 06:11:44 pm »
From experience, only about half of cats do the grass thing.
Where The Wild Things Are / Re: All Cats Eat Grass?
« Last post by Mrs Pingu on Today at 05:51:24 pm »
Both dogs and cats eat grass as some sort of digestive cleansing.  They throw it up again quite soon.

Of course they eat it inside and then throw up in the house ..
« Last post by Basil on Today at 05:40:58 pm »
I think you'll find that printer is out of cyan.
The Knowledge / Re: Modifying a bag into a pannier
« Last post by ravenbait on Today at 05:39:19 pm »
£300 is a bit rich for my blood. I have a Bob Yak, but I don't really want my gear bounced around as it would be in the trailer.

This is the reddit post that made me think it was possible. My bag isn't as big as this one.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Archery/comments/wf65dk/i_turned_my_bow_bag_into_a_bicycle_pannier_so_i/

Sam
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 05:33:00 pm »
Baby Got Back - Sir Mix-a-lot
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 05:32:18 pm »
"I call it 'Colonial Blood On Your Hands', your Majesty."
« Last post by drossall on Today at 05:30:15 pm »
I'm not an archer, but an archery bag sounds quite large. If trying this myself, I might put an archery backpack on my Bikehod trailer instead. Not sure those are made any more, but the Burley Travoy is similar.

On The Road / Re: Cyclist who knocked down and killed pensioner
« Last post by drossall on Today at 05:26:01 pm »
Presumably it's only due to the fact that motors vehicles (in general etc) are required in law to have working speedometers fitted as standard, that the strict liability offence is enforceable /seen as a fair & acceptable approach given seriousness, to cover the 'it was broken/ service booked to get it fixed/was distracted/sun glare meant it was unreadable...  Perhaps in part a 'political' decision, but the factors pertaining are not purely 'political' e.g. relative capacity of road users to cause damage, expense of implementing & enforcing, resources available, fairness etc...
This is the wrong way around. The law is not enforceable because cars have speedometers; rather, cars have speedometers because the law is enforceable. Whilst laws should not be unreasonable, if the law requires something, it is our duty to do what's needed to comply (such as fitting meters). As someone on here once pointed out, otherwise, drink-drive laws would be unenforceable owing to the lack of dashboard-mounted breathalysers.

Bikes are not subject to speed limits because Parliament chose to make a law that is specific to motor vehicles. Had it chosen otherwise, I'm sure that, by now, speedometers would be required at point of sale, under the Pedal Cycles (Construction and Use) Regulations.
« Last post by Jurek on Today at 05:22:42 pm »
If you can get a bit of tube which will fit into the chuck of a drill (copper or ally are preferable to steel) Spin up the tube then, using a piece of rolled up wet&dry paper, put a cutting edge on the ID of the tube.
You can then twist the tube through the Correx - although it'll struggle to get through where you've applied double sided tape.

That sounds ingenious. I was just going to dremel it.

Sam

ETA: Use your Dremel to put the cutting edge on the tube. Finish it with wet&dry. Scrub that. You'll make a better (rounder) cutter using the drill method I described earlier.
When I had regular access to a lathe and a range of tube size, I turned a whole load of tubes this way. They're indispensable for cutting  holes in soft materials like Plastazote, Rohacell etc, ranging from 4mmØ to ~40mmØ.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10