Author Topic: 'flu jab'  (Read 35513 times)

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Re: 'flu jab'
« Reply #325 on: 02 February, 2021, 02:42:09 pm »
In a similar vein once you are an old codger like me you are supposed to have a lifetime Pneumonia jab. Nothing at all from my surgery although have had the flu jab.

:thumbsup:
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #326 on: 02 February, 2021, 02:46:42 pm »
Ah rumbled!
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #327 on: 02 February, 2021, 02:47:35 pm »
In a similar vein once you are an old codger like me you are supposed to have a lifetime Pneumonia jab. Nothing at all from my surgery although have had the flu jab.

I got mine in 2019 at the same time as the Flu jab. I pointed out to the nurse that I'd already had Pneumonia as a child but it seems there are 2 types and I might have had the other one.
“There is no point in using the word 'impossible' to describe something that has clearly happened.”
― Douglas Adams

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #328 on: 02 February, 2021, 04:34:21 pm »

There is a shortage of pneumococcal vaccine.  Rollout has been amended to prioritise higher risk groups.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #329 on: 03 February, 2021, 07:33:53 pm »
The lad and I had our flu vaccinations on Monday. He got the last dose they had of the nasal spray version, which was good for them because it went out of date the next day, and good for us, because it saved us getting involved with the out of school 'school nurse' service for another year.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

« Reply #330 on: 03 February, 2021, 08:24:08 pm »
I (62) had a letter from my practice a bit before Xmas.
It contained a link to look up where to get the jab, so I checked, went over the road (200 m) to the pharmacy, presented the letter, and the reply was "would now be convenient?" Picking up letter to being jabbed couldn't have been more than 10 minutes.