Author Topic: Etrex 30 computer downloads  (Read 1469 times)

Etrex 30 computer downloads
« on: 29 November, 2016, 02:10:50 pm »
Recently my E30, when plugged into computer, has started to come up with a screen `USB cable detected, would you like to go to mass storage` yes / No. Which is Ok as long as I press Yes and it connects fine. It also appears to use USB as an external power source from computer

It never used to do this, any way of fixing so that will without prompt connect to computer?

ta
....after the `tarte de pommes`, and  fortified by a couple of shots of limoncellos,  I flew up the Col de Bavella whilst thunderstorms rolled around the peaks above

Re: Etrex 30 computer downloads
« Reply #1 on: 29 November, 2016, 02:14:21 pm »
I think it always uses the connection for power.  The other is changeable somewhere in the settings.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2 on: 29 November, 2016, 02:35:54 pm »
The other is changeable somewhere in the settings.

Setup/System/USB Mode

If you set it to Mass Storage, it will go into Mass Storage mode directly, rather than prompting.

(Garmin Mode is a legacy from the serial eTrexen, where the unit will function normally while listening for data transfers using the Garmin serial protocol as used by Mapsource[1] and older third-party tools.)

[1] Mapsource will happily transfer GPX files in mass storage mode too, but it doesn't make it obvious.

« Reply #3 on: 29 November, 2016, 04:14:44 pm »
thanks, sorted  :thumbsup:
....after the `tarte de pommes`, and  fortified by a couple of shots of limoncellos,  I flew up the Col de Bavella whilst thunderstorms rolled around the peaks above