Author Topic: Eee PC and the like - huh?  (Read 5959 times)

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
Re: Eee PC and the like - huh?
« Reply #25 on: 01 November, 2008, 04:19:30 pm »
It's one of my main gripes about trains, and why I can't understand how anybody can claim they're better for business trips than driving.
I hope you're not using a laptop while driving!

I now just take a small paperback, but there isn't even room to read that
I have never been on such a small/packed train that I couldn't read a book. People would be fainting, and frankly I'd be getting off the thing, before it reached that stage.

You haven't moved to Tokyo, have you?!?
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #26 on: 03 November, 2008, 06:36:45 pm »
I had one and after the initial honeymoon period I sold it. Infact the only thing it was good for in my opinion was for watching films off my av server anywhere around the house. Anything else I found it annoying for, but that's not it's fault, I just like having a fully featured "big" laptop. Some people swear by them but I guess it depends on what you do and what you want to do. I was unfair on it I think.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #27 on: 03 November, 2008, 06:38:49 pm »
I'm with mattc - it's not a problem to use my advent/read a book on a crowded train.  It would perhaps be a little more difficult to use a bigger laptop, particularly a Valiant 17" special, LOL!
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #28 on: 03 November, 2008, 06:49:04 pm »
My 15" is big enough for most things, BentMikey ;)
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #29 on: 05 November, 2008, 06:12:43 pm »

Damnit I've been waiting a LONG time to make that comment and no one replies  :'(

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #30 on: 05 November, 2008, 06:17:30 pm »
with 15", we can let you blow your own trumpet..... ;)

« Reply #31 on: 05 November, 2008, 08:27:20 pm »
I think that would be all mouth and no trousers.

Dear oh dear!!!
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #32 on: 06 November, 2008, 10:06:02 am »

Damnit I've been waiting a LONG time to make that comment and no one replies  :'(

I feel your pain.  My on-line funnies rarely raise a discernible laugh.  You just have to laugh at your own jokes, I've been laughing at mine for decades.  In fact, I'm the funniest chap I know  ;D