Author Topic: Catrike, sory CatBIKE  (Read 1430 times)

Catrike, sory CatBIKE
« on: 24 January, 2010, 12:24:09 pm »
Catrike now have a new "Low Racer" bike in their catalogue.....

Sigurd Mudtracker

Re: Catrike, sory CatBIKE
« Reply #1 on: 24 January, 2010, 03:03:31 pm »
Depending on how low it is*, it looks worthy of consideration.  I await the Bentrider Online review with great interest.  Unfortunately exchange rates probably will make them pretty pricey.

* I read somewhere that it had 700C wheels - which would perhaps make for a fast bike but puts the pedals way too high for me.

« Reply #2 on: 01 February, 2010, 01:11:26 pm »
700C rear, 451 front. I wouldn't expect bottom bracket height to be a problem, but front tyre availability is a bit thin (Duranos, and ????).
Profit or planet?

« Reply #3 on: 14 February, 2010, 07:55:50 pm »
700C rear, 451 front. I wouldn't expect bottom bracket height to be a problem, but front tyre availability is a bit thin (Duranos, and ????).

You can get a 35-451 from M5 but mine hardly lasted any time so just went back to thin ones.

Can't see it ever being a challenge to the eponymous Fujin Xtra Lite (whatever they're called) - can you?

Tim

« Reply #4 on: 26 February, 2010, 01:54:02 pm »
There is a brief write-up on recumbents.com: The Recumbent Bicycle and Human Powered Vehicle Information Center

"If you ride a pink bike, you had better be fast."

arallsopp

• Beansontoast
    • Barring Mechanicals Blog
« Reply #5 on: 26 February, 2010, 04:24:10 pm »
Snip/
Speaking of cranking, that was the one place where the relatively small diameter aluminum frame gave itself away as there was fairly significant boom flex
/Snip.

Oh. That's a pity. Not fatal, but I was hoping that the integrated seat and odd addition around the headset would have improved that.
Love words, hate lulu? Buy "Barring Mechanicals" on Amazon UK or US