Author Topic: Spezi, anyone?  (Read 1357 times)

Spezi, anyone?
« on: 18 February, 2014, 12:16:46 pm »
As some may be aware, Velovision Magazine (or rather, one of its readers) is organising a coach trip to this year's Spezi. I went a few years ago, and enjoyed it immensely, so have booked again this year.

However, I understand that the organiser is still short of sufficient takers to make the trip viable so I thought I'd flag in up here. You'd be doing me a favour, as well as having a very pleasant weekend...  :thumbsup:
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: Spezi, anyone?
« Reply #1 on: 18 February, 2014, 12:38:43 pm »
Hmm...

Arellcat

• Velonautte
« Reply #2 on: 18 February, 2014, 07:24:50 pm »
It's news to me - there's not even a note on the VV site or even (as far as I can tell via the little embedded module) the VV FB site.

It would be a fun outing that I'd like to do "one day", but £365 plus the train to That London (and back) is a lot of money.
Quote from: Morningsider
I like that you think any of your conveyances might qualify as "a disguise".

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #3 on: 18 February, 2014, 08:22:42 pm »
I'm going - but I'll be pretty near to start with in NRW. I think it's a three hour drive to Germersheim from Kempen and a random chap I met at LEL (who lives 20 miles from Kempen) said he will take me and the dog, which is handy. We'll just go for the day trip.

I'm looking forward to meeting the ICE chaps for the first time in real life. I wonder if they will recognise me!
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #4 on: 19 February, 2014, 01:18:34 pm »
I cannot go as I'm hoping to be pedaling somewhere down the Danube cycle track on those dates.
Luck ...........  ;D

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #5 on: 19 February, 2014, 01:20:07 pm »
I'd love to go, but I don't think I can justify the cost, sadly.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #6 on: 19 February, 2014, 04:41:10 pm »
Kim, I'm happy to offer a cheaper option for you (getting to my place in Kempen and I take you from there) but I suspect dog chez Auntie Helen makes this not possible, even though she's a cockapoo (non-shedding). But if this does work for you I am happy to work it out (you could fly to Kleve or Düsseldorf or do the Harwich Ferry Special).
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk