Author Topic: 24 hour team event ?  (Read 3502 times)

tral-rat

24 hour team event ?
« on: 03 June, 2010, 09:17:38 am »
would this just be riding the mersey roads with the guys from the club i.e the cumulative solo distances added together ?

or is it like in mtb events where a team event is a team of 2/3/4 doing it in a relay ?

or have i missed the point totally and its something else altogether.

only ask as im doing the merseyroads this year and wondered if it was relevent to audaxing

border-rider

Re: 24 hour team event ?
« Reply #1 on: 03 June, 2010, 09:21:41 am »
What's the context ?

In terms of, say, qualification for an Audax UK Brevet 25,000, a 24-hour team event is an Arrow, e.g the Easter Arrows to York.

The Mersey Roads gets you championship points, but even if a bunch of you ride it, it still only counts as an individual event.

tral-rat

« Reply #2 on: 03 June, 2010, 09:22:31 am »
ok thats all i needed to know. figured as much  just wanted clarrification

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #3 on: 03 June, 2010, 09:23:29 am »
would this just be riding the mersey roads with the guys from the club i.e the cumulative solo distances added together ?
There is a team prize
or is it like in mtb events where a team event is a team of 2/3/4 doing it in a relay ?
There are no relays
you ride non stop as possible for 24 hours and the person who has gone the furthest is the winner
only ask as im doing the merseyroads this year and wondered if it was relevent to audaxing
AUK still give "points" for each 100km done in the Mersey Roads because it used to be used as a qualifying event for PBP

« Reply #4 on: 03 June, 2010, 09:23:50 am »
Since this is in the Audax board I assume you are referring to the phrase from the requirements for Brevet 5000 etc. In audax terms in the UK a 24 Hour Team event is a Summer or Easter Arrow. There are threads in the very forum talking about the Easter Arrow.

tral-rat

« Reply #5 on: 03 June, 2010, 09:25:52 am »

you ride non stop as possible for 24 hours and the person who has gone the furthest is the winner

aye i got that part  - it was more have i missed point of a team 24 event - i come from an mtb 24hr back ground and everythings different over there

« Reply #6 on: 03 June, 2010, 09:26:59 am »
aye i got that part  - it was more have i missed point of a team 24 event - i come from an mtb 24hr back ground and everythings different over there

It's certainly muddier, eh Mal Volio?

tral-rat

« Reply #7 on: 03 June, 2010, 09:30:02 am »
colder - in the case of strathpuffer 24

border-rider

« Reply #8 on: 03 June, 2010, 09:37:53 am »

It's certainly muddier, eh Mal Volio?

and involves more BEER, in my very limited experience ;)

« Reply #9 on: 03 June, 2010, 05:40:12 pm »
The Mersey Roads does offer a team prize - fastest three in a club.