Author Topic: PBP website  (Read 7071 times)

PBP website
« on: 06 December, 2018, 08:56:01 pm »
This may be a daft question but is there any news on an actual website where you do the pre-registering, paying, and registering thing etc?

Does it come nearer the time?

Chris S

Re: PBP website
« Reply #1 on: 06 December, 2018, 09:02:38 pm »
I can't wait. French web-sites are fantastic.

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #2 on: 06 December, 2018, 09:41:44 pm »
This may be a daft question but is there any news on an actual website where you do the pre-registering, paying, and registering thing etc?

In a sense, it doesn't matter at this point.   It will cost $$$.  There are deadlines.  There are processes.  But that's all in the future

See https://www.audax.uk/about-audax/event-types/paris-brest-paris-pbp/  for general info

Ben T

« Reply #3 on: 06 December, 2018, 09:46:26 pm »
Have they sorted the credit card issues? Hope so

« Reply #4 on: 06 December, 2018, 09:50:46 pm »
Hopefully there'll be a SQL Injection attack so I don't have to have pre-qualified. Or qualified. Or even pay...
You're only as successful as your last 1200...

Chris S

« Reply #5 on: 06 December, 2018, 09:52:47 pm »
Hopefully there'll be a SQL Injection attack so I don't have to have pre-qualified. Or qualified. Or even pay...

And I thought I was pinning my hopes on some marginal shit!

Could happen! Could happen...

rob

« Reply #6 on: 07 December, 2018, 01:28:29 pm »
Opens really early this time doesn't it ?   I had sort of forgotten to be honest.

I'm sure someone will pop on here to say they have pre-registered and remind me to get a move on.

« Reply #7 on: 07 December, 2018, 02:29:24 pm »

Oh yes especially campsite ones..

« Reply #8 on: 07 December, 2018, 11:15:53 pm »

Since you enjoyed Wander Wye (too), Paul, the website for pre-registration should be ready (with bugs ironed out) by 28 January, when your time comes.
As @Vorsprung implies, don't start holding your breath (yet). You have another 7 weeks to decide what start time to earmark, once the 1000+ers have had their pick :)
2019 Pre-registration
The date at which you will be able to pre-register for PBP will depend on the distance of your longest 2018 'pre-qualifier' (BRM):
 Pre-registration will open (provisionally):
 1200km or 1000km    14 January 2019
  600km    28 January 2019
  400km    11 February 2019
  300km    25 February 2019
  200km    11 March 2019

« Reply #9 on: 08 December, 2018, 07:08:32 am »
The basic info is in the PBP brochure which was published last year. There are many places to download it, like this one: https://www.randonneurs.nl/paris-brest-paris/
One addidition though, the startplace has changed.

The route is already online on www.openrunner.com, use PBPACP2019 in the search field.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #10 on: 08 December, 2018, 12:06:46 pm »

Just be grateful they’re not still on Minitel.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #11 on: 08 December, 2018, 12:59:26 pm »
The basic info is in the PBP brochure which was published last year. There are many places to download it, like this one: https://www.randonneurs.nl/paris-brest-paris/

The route is already online on www.openrunner.com, use PBPACP2019 in the search field.

thanks for this, i've calculated the new route 1215km, so 15km shorter than the last time - i like that.

« Reply #12 on: 08 December, 2018, 07:17:53 pm »

thanks for this, i've calculated the new route 1215km, so 15km shorter than the last time - i like that.

Does that mean that the delays are recalculated as a result?

Are outsiders allowed to come up and spectate the start(s)? With my daughter at Dourdan the idea is very tempting  :)

« Reply #13 on: 09 December, 2018, 12:16:41 am »

Does that mean that the delays are recalculated as a result?

Are outsiders allowed to come up and spectate the start(s)? With my daughter at Dourdan the idea is very tempting  :)

No extra time for the overdistance
Very much so, it's quite crowded at the start. The crowds really add to the whole feeling of the event. Even better is watching it in one of the villages on the first leg. Load's of people there.

« Reply #14 on: 09 December, 2018, 01:44:13 pm »
Quote from: Ian gaggiaport link=topic=110461.msg2348960#msg2348960

date=1544192964

Oh mintel! We had cefax but the French had mintel!

« Reply #15 on: 09 December, 2018, 04:42:29 pm »
Quote from: Ian gaggiaport link=topic=110461.msg2348960#msg2348960

date=1544192964

Oh mintel! We had cefax but the French had mintel!

Minitel was actually better as Cefax

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #16 on: 09 December, 2018, 06:12:36 pm »
Minitel is the missing link between ceefax and the internet.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #17 on: 04 January, 2019, 11:30:59 am »

I don't think this question has been answered.

I've just done some searching, and I think the pre-registering website is http://www.paris-brest-paris.org/index2.php?lang=en&cat=accueil&page=dernieres_nouvelles. All the content at the moment relates to the 2015 edition, plus reference to the presentation of the 2019 edition on 12th January. Maybe all the 2019 content becomes available after that date?

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #18 on: 04 January, 2019, 02:10:28 pm »

Yeah, like The Hunting of the Snark.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #19 on: 06 January, 2019, 08:22:35 am »

I don't think this question has been answered.

I've just done some searching, and I think the pre-registering website is http://www.paris-brest-paris.org/index2.php?lang=en&cat=accueil&page=dernieres_nouvelles. All the content at the moment relates to the 2015 edition, plus reference to the presentation of the 2019 edition on 12th January. Maybe all the 2019 content becomes available after that date?

That's the expectation at the French forum. A few of us here will be present on the 12th.

« Reply #20 on: 07 January, 2019, 05:37:22 am »
Some details are now available on the PBP website, but mostly in French. Interesting fact is that handlebar extensions will be allowed.

http://www.paris-brest-paris.org/index2.php?lang=en&cat=accueil&page=edito

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #21 on: 07 January, 2019, 08:41:17 am »
Yes. It looks like the French authorities now accept 'draft-legal' aero clip-ons (don't extend forward of the brake levers) in massed-start events.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

rob

« Reply #22 on: 07 January, 2019, 09:10:15 am »
I might still have some spinnaccis in my spares box.

« Reply #23 on: 11 January, 2019, 08:56:41 pm »
I don't understand 'draft legal clip ons' link to example appreciated.

« Reply #24 on: 11 January, 2019, 09:07:37 pm »
https://www.triradar.com/gear/aero-bars-bolt-on-speed/

(You might need to google the individual products for images as they aren't loading for me.)

"
Draft-legal triathlons demand a bridge between the bars and that clip-ons are no longer than the leading edge of your brake levers. For draft-illegal triathlons, no bridge is required, and the bars can be longer.
"
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."