Author Topic: Parking at the Start  (Read 1654 times)

Parking at the Start
« on: 25 May, 2019, 06:57:45 pm »
This year will be my first PBP. My plan was drive over in the van on Saturday morning, do bike check, sleep in van at start in a car park, start Sunday evening leaving the van in the car park until I finish, then sleep / drive home as conditions dictate.

I've just realised I've no idea if there is parking at the start, if I can leave a (small) van there and how likely it is to be able to sleep there overnight.

Any guidance / advice gratefully received.

Re: Parking at the Start
« Reply #1 on: 25 May, 2019, 07:04:27 pm »
Turns out I have answered my own question several minutes after posting.

On the entry screen there is the option to add "car parking Friday 16th to Friday 23rd" or Campervan Parking for 30 euro

Re: Parking at the Start
« Reply #2 on: 27 May, 2019, 06:34:45 pm »
This year will be my first PBP. My plan was drive over in the van on Saturday morning, do bike check, sleep in van at start in a car park, start Sunday evening leaving the van in the car park until I finish, then sleep / drive home as conditions dictate.

Please, please, don't drive back home immediately after you finish. Take another day or two of proper rest. You may feel like you are ready to drive after a few hours of sleep, but you will be as dangerous on the road as a drunk driver.

A