Author Topic: The RANT thread (often contains fruity language)  (Read 2963658 times)

clarion

• Tyke
Re: The RANT thread (often contains fruity language)
« Reply #4800 on: 10 December, 2009, 01:36:00 pm »
Anyone seen my keys?  I must have had them to get in the building this morning ???
Getting there...

« Reply #4801 on: 10 December, 2009, 01:43:01 pm »
Bugger - credit card cloned today! Suspect it was something to do with the US online retailer masquerading behind a .co.uk website that I placed an order (subsequently cancelled) with as the transaction was in US dollars.  So new card is 7-10 days away  >:(

Luckily I have a spare.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #4802 on: 10 December, 2009, 01:44:32 pm »
a) You were on the phone whilst driving
b) You were cutting the corner at a T-junction1 and, without your corrective action, would have taken me out completely
c) You hadn't even bothered looking to check whether the road you were turning into was clear to cut the corner because you were (a) on the phone and (d) you hadn't bothered ensuring your side windows and windscreen were clear.

Excellent mid-rant cross-reference. Don't think we don't notice these things.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #4803 on: 10 December, 2009, 01:45:15 pm »
Anyone seen my keys?  I must have had them to get in the building this morning ???

They're half-hidden under your bag of Marmite Twiglets.
Quote from: Marbeaux
Have given this a great deal of thought and decided not to contribute to any further Threads for the time being.
POTD. (decade) :thumbsup:

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #4804 on: 10 December, 2009, 01:47:43 pm »
That explains it.  I'm pretty unlikely to touch them things without full PPE & tongs.
Getting there...

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #4805 on: 10 December, 2009, 01:53:25 pm »
Do they make you violent?
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

« Reply #4806 on: 10 December, 2009, 01:59:47 pm »
That explains it.  I'm pretty unlikely to touch them things without full PPE & tongs.

- "Sir, we have one here that seems to be malfunctioning? Shall I send him for reconditioning?"

- "Absolutely, by this time tomorrow, we'll have him licking cab drivers that have been dipped in Marmite."
Have given this a great deal of thought and decided not to contribute to any further Threads for the time being.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #4807 on: 10 December, 2009, 02:21:00 pm »
That's some seeeeerious reconditioning programme.

Though I confess I am frequently close enough to cabbies to lick them, I feel I should point out this is not voluntary on my part.
Getting there...

« Reply #4808 on: 10 December, 2009, 02:24:12 pm »

Though I confess I am frequently close enough to cabbies to lick them,

You should get yourself a nice responsive carbon bike that you can quickly jink out of the way.

« Reply #4809 on: 10 December, 2009, 03:08:14 pm »
Three: i recently took out a contract with you that covers my data use up to 1GB a month. However, the letter I got confirming the contract was rather ambiguous on this point. I've done a spot of images of yacf browsing on the train home, once. I'm pretty sure i'm nowhere near that. So why do you put up a screen saying its costing me £2 per MB?

For PAYG you need to log in to translate the topup to a 1Gbyte addon.
Maybe you need that set on your account somehow.

Thanks - but I'm pay monthly.

« Reply #4810 on: 10 December, 2009, 03:17:41 pm »
and another thing...

School swimming lessons. £36 a term? I thought these were supposed to be free! There's an open air pool round the corner that ought to be cheaper (in transport alone), can't this wait until the summer?
However, what's really upsetting is that two days before this letter comes home we paid for the next term of private swimming lessons.

Oh, and scaffolders ... its not talk like a pirate day. Just shut up and bog off.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #4811 on: 10 December, 2009, 07:50:06 pm »
Moustachioed bloke on bike, you could not have positioned yourself in a more inconvenient way if you had spent all year practising, you pillock.

Bloke in car turning right into the side-street I was waiting to turn right out of, I was hard to the right of my lane (but still to the left of the white centre line) because I was waiting to turn right and wanted to be able to see traffic on the main road. It's not my fault you are an ugly stupid bellend, so don't mutter to me to get out of your way as you attempt to cut the corner and miss my front wheel by inches. Drive a bit further forward before turning next time.

Phones4U - fucking sort it out or I will pay Mr Larrington to introduce you all to Mr Shovel. I will pay him with CAKE.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #4812 on: 10 December, 2009, 08:22:09 pm »
My dear, the reason I clipped you with my courier bag is because you and your two mates were walking three abreast on the bike side of the cyclepath.  That's what that big picture of the bike means.  I did try and squeeze round you on the pedestrian side, but 4W of Hope Vision 1 coming head-on towards you obviously wasn't enough for you to make even the slightest room for me, sorry.

My dear #2, coming the other way on your bike.  We generally try to ride and drive on the left in this country.  This particular game of "who blinks first" fortunately ended with us both braking to a halt, but unless you give me at least some visual clue as to which side of the path you think you should be riding on, I'll do what the Highway Code says, otherwise we'll both break at the last minute and collide anyway.  Goodnight.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

RJ

• Droll rat
« Reply #4813 on: 10 December, 2009, 09:56:00 pm »
"Keep left and get some lights"

(Repeat ad nauseam)

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #4814 on: 10 December, 2009, 10:18:03 pm »
Yup - I nearly hit a girl last week, again coming towards me on the wrong side of the psyclepath and with either no front light or one with almost-dead batteries.  As this path is on the pavement, on the RHS of a dual carriageway, it's hard enough to see anything at all because of the stream of car headlights (all helpfully dipped your way).

ISTR some stats that showed psyclepaths, in terms of number of accidents per vehicle km, were the most dangerous places you could possibly cycle.  Basically they're designed for wheeled pedestrians, not anyone trying to get from A to B at bike speeds.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #4815 on: 10 December, 2009, 10:49:32 pm »
Anyone in the forum work in advertising sales? If so, can you please tell me: is it obligatory to have the IQ of a senile hamster to get on in that field?

The gimps responsible for selling ad space for the mag I work on are, to a man, complete and utter morons of the most mind-bogglingly imbecilic proportions. As acting production editor on our bumper double Christmas issue, I was told to include X number of pages of adverts in the flatplan. "We really need to hit that figure to make our monthly targets."

So kindly tell me what the fuck you are doing on press day, when I have to get 128 pages to the printer by 6pm or incur standing charges at the rate of £1,000 per hour, leaving the office en masse at noon to have your fucking Christmas fucking party WHEN YOU STILL HAVE TWO PAGES OF ADS TO FILL, leaving me to scrabble around to find content to go in those pages, AS IF I DON'T ALREADY HAVE ENOUGH ON MY FUCKING PLATE, YOU UTTER, UTTER CUNTS.

C***s D****r - you in particular, you brain-dead maggot. You'd better hope I never bump into you in a dark alley, cos if I do, I shall rip your spleen out through your eyeball socket, then scrape your skin off with a blunt teaspoon for good measure.

Just how many fucking times do I need to ask you to keep me informed of the ad situation? Is it really so fucking difficult to pick up the phone or type a little email to let me know when an ad books - or when a booking falls through, which seems to be more often the case when you're in charge. I have constantly updated you with all the information you need over the past week to help us both do our jobs. When that ad booked on last thing on Monday, I instantly updated the flatplan and sent you a copy. Just when exactly were you planning on telling me that I'd booked it in as the wrong page type? I suspect the answer is "Never". In fact, I have a strong suspicion you didn't even look at the flatplan I sent you, so you wouldn't ever have known it was the wrong page type. And why was it the wrong page type? Because that silly girl you sent round to tell me it had booked told me the wrong fucking page type. And because I didn't find out until a day later, when I contacted YOU to find out what the fuck was going on, it meant that editorial pages had to be redesigned to fit the ad in - ie just what we needed, more fucking work.

So I sent an email to you, CCing your line manager, politely repeating the request to be kept informed to avoid this kind of error in future. Did I get an apology for your fuck up? Did I even get the courtesy of an acknowledgment of my email? CAN YOU EVEN FUCKING READ, YOU POND-DWELLING IMBECILE?

No. What I actually got was two days of total radio silence. Un-fucking-believable. The next time I heard from you was today, about ten minutes before you were due to leave to go to the pub, telling me that you didn't think you were going to sell those ad spaces.

Well, fuck you, you piece of shit. I've tried playing nice, now I'm going to show you that I can play dirty. Very dirty. Once I have cooled down enough to type the above out in more professional terms, I shall be communicating the long list of the ways you have annoyed me over the past week to the Publisher, the Group Publishing Director and the Advertising Director. And yes, I am very well aware that the imminent organisational reshuffle of the whole company means that your division is being absorbed into another and everyone's job is potentially on the line. Maybe you should have considered that a bit more when you were out having lunch in expensive restaurants last week instead of at your desk, on the fucking phone, trying to sell that fucking ad space.

I might have more sympathy if I hadn't been working late in the office every fucking night for the past two weeks while you are never to be seen in the office after 5.30. The last two nights, I've got home at gone midnight. It's not even like I get a fucking bonus for doing my job. I just do it because it's my job.

You. Must. Die.

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

citoyen

« Reply #4816 on: 10 December, 2009, 10:58:41 pm »
And another thing... how is it you get to have your Christmas party during office hours anyway? We're having our party after work on Friday. Isn't after work the usual time for parties? Forgive me for being pedantic, but according to my dictionary, "work" and "party" are two quite different things.

And... breathe.

Oh well, at least I got a shoulder rub from a stunningly attractive glamour model while being force-fed beer today. That kind of makes up for it a bit.  ;D

d.

« Reply #4817 on: 10 December, 2009, 10:59:06 pm »
OK, here's the letter in the local chip wrapper. Where shall we start??

REGARDING Adam Trimingham’s city cycling issues (The Argus, December 2), I agree – cycling must be made safer.

Those who break the cycling codes should be fined.

Why shouldn’t cyclists stop at red lights? Where there are cycle lanes for their safety, why do they still go on the roads?

Many bikes go the wrong way down one-way streets.

Cyclists are often seen with no lights, no reflectors, no luminous jackets and no helmets. They ride more than one astride in the middle of the road.

They never put their hand out, so the poor motorist does not know where these bikes are going.

They go at speed and a lot of their manners to car users leaves much to be desired.

Today’s roads are too busy for cycles in general. Keep to cycle lanes, then enjoy cycling.

« Reply #4818 on: 10 December, 2009, 10:59:54 pm »
And another thing... how is it you get to have your Christmas party during office hours anyway? We're having our party after work on Friday. Isn't after work the usual time for parties? Forgive me for being pedantic, but according to my dictionary, "work" and "party" are two quite different things.

And... breathe.

Oh well, at least I got a shoulder rub from a stunningly attractive glamour model while being force-fed beer today. That kind of makes up for it a bit.  ;D

d.

At least you get a party :(

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #4819 on: 10 December, 2009, 11:03:43 pm »

And... breathe.

d.

We had ours during office hours... and the boss paid for all the booze*!   :thumbsup:

*Although I'm off the booze at the moment as it make me feel ill.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

citoyen

« Reply #4820 on: 10 December, 2009, 11:05:35 pm »
At least you get a party :(

True. I should count my blessings - there are some good perks of working where I do (shoulder rubs from models not least among them*), and they do go some way to compensating for the actions of my colleagues in advertising.

d.

*though this particular example is not a regular occurence, alas.

citoyen

« Reply #4821 on: 10 December, 2009, 11:06:54 pm »
OK, here's the letter in the local chip wrapper. Where shall we start??

Damn. I wish I hadn't read that. I was starting to calm down...

>:(

d.

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #4822 on: 10 December, 2009, 11:36:04 pm »
I'm in Cheers in Boston and they haven't got a clue who I am :)

« Reply #4823 on: 11 December, 2009, 12:44:01 am »
Teenager poured bleach on woman who asked for quiet in cinema |UK news |guardian.co.uk

Some people need their finger nails extracted slowly... Ok, well you get the idea...   >:(
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

« Reply #4824 on: 11 December, 2009, 07:19:50 am »
I'm in Cheers in Boston and they haven't got a clue who I am :)

But they're awfully glad you came?
@SandyV1 on Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/SandyV1