Author Topic: [HAMR] Calling all potential hosts  (Read 2909 times)

Fidgetbuzz

• L sp MOON. 1st R sp MARS . At X SO sp STARS
[HAMR] Calling all potential hosts
« on: 12 December, 2014, 12:41:06 pm »
We are starting to build our hosts list  - and rather than trawl backwards thru the original thread - would anyone willing to be a host please get in touch with Mike Wallis

wallis73@outlook.com

I suspect he will then have a short fact gathering questionnaire - where are you , contact details etc.

Roger
I was an accountant until I discovered Audax !!

Re: Calling all potential hosts
« Reply #1 on: 12 December, 2014, 07:01:51 pm »
Email sent.

« Reply #2 on: 13 December, 2014, 09:47:46 pm »
I received an email saying to reply with the word "yes" if I still wanted to be a host.

I replied "oui"...
You're only as successful as your last 1200...

« Reply #3 on: 13 December, 2014, 10:00:51 pm »
Several people have emailed Steve. He's been so busy that some are still awaiting a reply. If you're one of these please don't be offended or feel you're being ignored. We'll get to you soon.

...and thank-you!

Fidgetbuzz

• L sp MOON. 1st R sp MARS . At X SO sp STARS
« Reply #4 on: 13 December, 2014, 10:25:38 pm »
Yes - the team is trying to reduce Steve's admin load - so that he can concentrate on getting in tip top shape to ride.

So if you feel there is a chance that you can help  reduce Steves short term load, because it looks as if you have been overlooked  - please go direct to wallis73@outlook.com to volunteer to act as a host

Roger
I was an accountant until I discovered Audax !!

« Reply #5 on: 14 December, 2014, 02:14:12 pm »
Several people have emailed Steve. He's been so busy that some are still awaiting a reply. If you're one of these please don't be offended or feel you're being ignored. We'll get to you soon.

...and thank-you!

If you're still waiting for a reply from me, I probably missed you. I reckon I've been replying to around 100 emails a day for the last month so have probably lost a few in the ether.
So please email me again, unless you've changed your mind.

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
« Reply #6 on: 14 December, 2014, 02:42:04 pm »

...and thank-you!

If you're still waiting for a reply from me, I probably missed you. I reckon I've been replying to around 100 emails a day for the last month so have probably lost a few in the ether.

Audax Club Portmouth are happy to help Steve.

I have emailed 'Wallis73'

H

« Reply #7 on: 14 December, 2014, 05:47:10 pm »

...and thank-you!

Audax Club Portmouth are happy to help Steve.

I have emailed 'Wallis73'

H

:thumbsup:

AFAIK I'm not allowed alcohol next year, but I might ask Hoppo to check that one.

Charlie Boy

• Dreams in kilometers
« Reply #8 on: 14 December, 2014, 10:35:54 pm »
^Other than a glass of bubbly when the record is broken  :)
Mojo is being awakened.

« Reply #9 on: 14 December, 2014, 10:39:28 pm »
I shall have more than a glass of "bubbly" when Steve breaks the record.

I think "properly drunk" is the only appropriate response...
You're only as successful as your last 1200...

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #10 on: 21 December, 2014, 08:17:14 am »
Having ridden it myself quite a few times, MK to chez Zilla is a pleasantly flat ride, apart from a few lumps just after Stony Stratford and a slog out of Oxford.  About 150 miles round trip, so a good day ride with a minor extension.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #11 on: 21 December, 2014, 11:15:28 am »
We have emailed a reply.

However, AC Bristol are happy to help out in whatever way(s) are required next year.

« Reply #12 on: 26 December, 2014, 09:16:05 pm »
A bed in Manchester and secure bike storage if you need (subject to dates). I'll send an email as well. Good luck.
Started audax with LEL & SR in 2013. Currently working on fitness and trying for a RRtY in 2024. Event organiser, Arrivée photo contributor & LEL controller