Author Topic: [LEL17] Both Sides.  (Read 1946 times)

[LEL17] Both Sides.
« on: 01 September, 2017, 02:05:57 am »
A film for all those who have ridden LEL, and volunteered.

Re: Both Sides.
« Reply #1 on: 01 September, 2017, 08:21:13 am »
Thank you.
Only those that dare to go too far, know how far they can go.   T S Elliot

« Reply #2 on: 01 September, 2017, 08:49:47 am »
 :thumbsup:

I would like to know how much the man with the back pack at 3:22  suffered from numb hands!

mr ben

• Some routes may be arduous.
    • ramblings and randonees
« Reply #3 on: 02 September, 2017, 11:02:12 pm »
Most excellent, so much captured in 3 minutes.
Think it possible that you may be mistaken.

« Reply #4 on: 03 September, 2017, 10:33:27 am »
It's strange editing even these short videos. The guy who's forgotten his earplugs is Ian Hands, the shirts the two of them are wearing commemorate his father, and are for a club consisting of people who've done PBP in more than 88hrs 55minutes. There are a cluster of stories surrounding that, which could be a 15 minute film in itself. It's possible to construct that from the various fragments in other films.

I've got whole constellations of recall, as the source files still exist. Any recollections I have are reinforced many times as I review material. Sometimes I'm prompted to go back, and I find I've misremembered  or misinterpreted something.

An interesting effect of film-making is seeing the thread of ideas run through your own, and others' accounts. There are so many different blogs, and it's difficult to know where phrases originate. I can recognise certain formulations as my own, usually about some obscure historical, agricultural or geological fact.

My big discovery from LEL 2001 was the existence of the ski-lift at Yad Moss. That led to this 2005 film, which incorporates a Pathe news report from 1948, Belleville Rendezvous and Val d' Isere. The car park we're standing in at one point is where Drew Buck parked his camper van this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKBquRNeqlE