Author Topic: ACME Winter Kit Order 2017-18  (Read 8332 times)

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
ACME Winter Kit Order 2017-18
« on: 15 September, 2017, 08:51:20 pm »
A new thread for new kit:

UPDATE: Gilets with reflective stuff has hit a snag - a large order of 30+ required for piping on seams. We can only have iron-on reflectives as per the duck and the strip on the jerseys. Anyone still interested in not-very-reflective gilets?

Long- and short-sleeved jerseys [the latter in standard and race fit] can still be min. 6 ordered of each and all have a bit of iron-on reflectives.

I'm not chasing anything kit-related until 2018 events are all registered, so end of the month before I will devote any serious time to the project, unless someone else would like to be ACME Wardrobe-Meister. Someone noted for their style and flair, no names, but you know who you are...?

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
Re: ACME Winter Kit Order 2017-18
« Reply #1 on: 22 September, 2017, 08:53:34 am »
Soupy has been persuaded...with the help of the bribe of a winter jersey...to take on the kit order. We'll get on with this next week.

« Reply #2 on: 22 September, 2017, 09:00:34 am »
I likes the idea of a gilet with 3 pockets and a vented back for the winter. How about a nice big reflective ACME across the back of the gilet?  Just like the donkey jackets seen on building site?

A new thread for new kit:

UPDATE: Gilets with reflective stuff has hit a snag - a large order of 30+ required for piping on seams. We can only have iron-on reflectives as per the duck and the strip on the jerseys. Anyone still interested in not-very-reflective gilets?
Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: 01 October, 2017, 08:16:11 pm »
Lots of reflectives sewn in will work out costly and with a higher minimum order number [30 I've been quoted!]. A big iron on logo is a possibility, but I think we'll have enough to do with two short sleeve designs and a winter jersey, all just the narrow reflective strip as before.

ACME riders and any who have recently expressed an interest will be getting an email from Soupy, but if there's anyone else, especially if you asked me months ago - now is the time to get in touch - pm him through here or email me and I'll pass you on.

« Reply #4 on: 10 October, 2017, 10:05:04 am »
I have sent out 24 emails but only have 5 orders so far.

To make things crystal clear the gilets are not ACME, they are standard Blackmore at a cheaper price for ACME members. We need a minimum order of 30 to design our own so that isn't a possibility right now.

While there is an assortment of clothing items listed in the attachment i sent out, the only things that are ACME branded are the race and club fit short sleeve jerseys and long sleeve winter jersey - Nick Hobbs confused me by including non ACME apparel in the price list. 

Please do not send payment until I have finalised the order because we need minimum orders of items to get the discounted price.

Cheers

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #5 on: 10 October, 2017, 11:18:40 am »
Last week Tomsk said we could have ACME gilets providing they followed the standard Blackmore spec, i.e. without extra reflectives and pockets.  I is confused.

« Reply #6 on: 10 October, 2017, 11:56:15 am »
Last week Tomsk said we could have ACME gilets providing they followed the standard Blackmore spec, i.e. without extra reflectives and pockets.  I is confused.
I didn't know that. I'll talk to Tomsk tonight and end the confusion.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #7 on: 10 October, 2017, 01:06:05 pm »
I'm struggling to find time to get to Chelmer Cycles during hours they are open to try on sizes.
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #8 on: 12 October, 2017, 05:44:53 pm »
I didn't know that. I'll talk to Tomsk tonight and end the confusion.
After a bit of confusion I have found out from Nick that the gilets listed in the price offer document are ACME branded and follow the Blackmore spec. For those who enquired please send me a follow up email to confirm your interest.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #9 on: 12 October, 2017, 06:21:21 pm »
So I went to CC to try on but Nick had been in before me and removed the XL-XXL herringbone jerseys!  ::-)  So no luck yet I'm afraid LOL
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #10 on: 12 October, 2017, 07:54:41 pm »
So on the basis I have a nicely fitting Blackmore ACME jersey in large does this mean I need a large ACME gilet???

« Reply #11 on: 12 October, 2017, 07:57:31 pm »
When we tried them in the Viper they came up a size larger. I have a small acme jacket (racing fit) and the long sleeve one fitted as a medium

Sent using Tapatalk

Oscar's dad

« Reply #12 on: 13 October, 2017, 09:41:27 am »
Hmmm, does anyone know where I can try on a Blackmore gilet???

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #13 on: 13 October, 2017, 01:47:28 pm »
When we tried them in the Viper they came up a size larger. I have a small acme jacket (racing fit) and the long sleeve one fitted as a medium

Sent using Tapatalk

Hmm, I might be about your size G S, how tall are you please?

« Reply #14 on: 13 October, 2017, 09:17:51 pm »
Just under 5ft 9in

Sent using Tapatalk

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #15 on: 14 October, 2017, 02:10:03 pm »
Chelmer Cycles have a M and XXL Herringbone but I didn't see any Gilet there.

XXL fits but the arms are about 2-3 inches too long  :facepalm:
Regards,

Joergen

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #16 on: 15 October, 2017, 07:24:03 pm »
Just under 5ft 9in

Sent using Tapatalk

Crikey you are a big sheep, are you sure you're not an alpaca?

I think I might be a large.

« Reply #17 on: 16 October, 2017, 08:45:38 am »
Morning all.

As it stands we are pretty much good for the minimum order of the long sleeve winter jersey. However we need more orders of the ACME gilet, race fit and club fit jerseys to make any order at all. Tomsk may be able to subsidise orders if numbers don't quite make 10 but would need a minimum of 5 initial orders - we'll know if he can once he has paid for use of the Dunmow control next year.

Pending orders as it stands
Long sleeve winter jersey x9
ACME gilet x4
Race fit short sleeve x2
Club fit short sleeve x1

I will be contacting a few of you for payments in the coming days, while I know others still need to try on a Blackmore gilet for size reference.

Cheers.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #18 on: 16 October, 2017, 01:41:06 pm »
Chelmer Cycles don't have Blackmore gilets to try on.  There's a reason I know this  ::-) 

That nice man Nick says the gilet sizing is the same as the jerseys so I shall be emailing Soupy placing an order for a large ACME gilet.

« Reply #19 on: 16 October, 2017, 08:55:55 pm »

As it stands we are pretty much good for the minimum order of the long sleeve winter jersey [...]

Could you add another long sleeve winter jersey for me? Not sure on sizing but if the same as the previous order of Blackmore ACME short sleeve jerseys then I'm size M.

Will message contact info.

Nim

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

« Reply #20 on: 23 October, 2017, 02:53:01 pm »
Good news is I've received payment from everybody except CarlosFandango and Martin Hendy so the order will be placed with Blackmore imminently.

The slightly less good news is that because Nick Hobbs is now using a manufacturer on the continent, delivery could be anything up to 8 weeks... :facepalm:

Oscar's dad

« Reply #21 on: 23 October, 2017, 03:01:26 pm »
8 weeks!  I might have changed shape by then!

« Reply #22 on: 28 October, 2017, 07:16:10 pm »
The order has been placed :thumbsup: with additional jerseys and gilets in case people that declined change their mind or of course if we recruit more members over the winter! Tomsk and Huggy will both have a selection of extra stock in every size.

We're looking at 6 weeks until they arrive but may be sooner. Nick will keep me up to date.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #23 on: 29 October, 2017, 08:36:02 am »
Well done Soupy!

« Reply #24 on: 30 November, 2017, 08:10:30 am »
Nick Hobbs says the manufacturer is dispatching the order on 15/12 and should be with him around 21/12. Fingers crossed you'll have your kit for Christmas!