Author Topic: ACME Easter Arrow Teams 2018  (Read 8291 times)

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
Re: ACME Easter Arrow Teams 2018
« Reply #50 on: 09 January, 2018, 11:10:21 pm »
I think those of us traveling to Kings X will be riding home from there  :facepalm:
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #51 on: 10 January, 2018, 08:07:43 am »
I think those of us traveling to Kings X will be riding home from there  :facepalm:

Services on the Cambridge line seem to still be running ok on 31st.  :thumbsup: [Sawbridgeworth to Witham is about 25 miles...]

« Reply #52 on: 10 January, 2018, 10:45:51 am »
Go x-country then, ticket is valid.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

« Reply #53 on: 10 January, 2018, 11:07:35 am »
I'm going to go with the Kings X and Ride home. I guess that fact that I'll have had a nights sleep makes that a bit more appealing. If I have a route to follow (unlike last year) it shouldn't me much more than 30 minutes over to the Canal and from there it is mostly reasonably pleasant riding (maybe with he exception of Chingford and a short piece of the A414)

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #54 on: 10 January, 2018, 11:20:49 am »
The Virgin East Coast service only stops at Peterborough before KingsX, there are options from there for changes to Cambridge and Sawbridgeworth, or go round the East Anglia route, either seem no less painful than staying on to KingsX.  I think I'll simply go to KingsX with the prospect of unbroken sleeping/resting, then either tube it to Newbury Park and ride from there or just from KingsX about half an hour after tippers.
Whatever I end up doing it will be easier or at least no worse than a 600 with an hour in an audax hotel  ::-)
First stab at a route

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #55 on: 10 January, 2018, 11:53:50 am »
I phoned Virgin up yesterday afternoon and got a place with a bike booking on the 12:31 (no bike places on the 12:03 when I called, but there was one left on the 11:58).

It looks (at least from the national rail site) like there may be trains from Ingatestone outward, but the GA site has no info for the 31st March (apparently because alterations for April haven't been published yet ???).
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

« Reply #56 on: 10 January, 2018, 12:15:50 pm »
I'd be happy to wait in Kings X for any people on a slightly later train to make it a group ride back to Essex. My route from 2016 which was Jolly nice was THIS

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #57 on: 10 January, 2018, 04:12:39 pm »
Quote from: nationalrail.co.uk
Buses replace trains between London Liverpool Street and Ingatestone / Billericay from Friday 30 March until Monday 2 April

I'd be happy to wait in Kings X for any people on a slightly later train to make it a group ride back to Essex. My route from 2016 which was Jolly nice was THIS
:thumbsup:

« Reply #58 on: 10 January, 2018, 04:25:17 pm »
Yes, a so called upgrade to virgin trains east coast website led to the removal of online booking of bike spaces.  If you use another providers website to book eg one i know for sure that works is www.scotrail.co.uk then bike spaces can be booked online.
Thanks for the Scotrail info, it was really useful to know that you can book bicycles online with them.

As for which ACME peleton I shall  be joining,........panic not, it's not a ride I'm contemplating this year. Well actually never really!!

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #59 on: 10 January, 2018, 04:40:42 pm »
Yes, a so called upgrade to virgin trains east coast website led to the removal of online booking of bike spaces.  If you use another providers website to book eg one i know for sure that works is www.scotrail.co.uk then bike spaces can be booked online.
Thanks for the Scotrail info, it was really useful to know that you can book bicycles online with them.

As for which ACME peleton I shall  be joining,........panic not, it's not a ride I'm contemplating this year. Well actually never really!!

Easter trail? 200km Dart? Short DIY permanent? Or a short tour ending up in York? If I wasn't Arrow-fit, I'd be tempted to turn up at the arrivee anyway...

« Reply #60 on: 10 January, 2018, 04:52:25 pm »
Whilst food for thought, I plan to be cycling in mid-Wales over Easter.

« Reply #61 on: 11 January, 2018, 10:54:47 pm »
I'm seeking just one hardy soul up for cycling from Oxford via Cambridge then the usual places - Weatherspoons, McDs and, as last resort, Tescos and on to York. We'll be setting off from outside Oxford (city) station @ 7am on Good Friday. Absolutely no hotel bookings required.

Bairn Again

« Reply #62 on: 16 January, 2018, 10:13:55 am »
I'm seeking 4 hardy souls up for cycling from Oxford via Cambridge then the usual places - Weatherspoons, McDs and, as last resort, Tescos and on to York. Plan is to set off from outside Oxford (city) station as early as possible on Good Friday. Absolutely no hotel bookings required.

Ive pm'd you. 

« Reply #63 on: 18 January, 2018, 09:17:50 am »
Looks like team ColACME will be rolling on Friday morning after all!

« Reply #64 on: 22 January, 2018, 02:49:02 pm »
I've had confirmation that Team Catapult can start on the Thursday evening. Once the route is prepared, we can decide whether 6pm or 7pm would work best, much depending on closing times for the first stop and opening times for a breakfast venue ... it's probably taken as read that the middle of the night stop will be something like a McD, but I will be trying to find an alternative!

I believe the team will be: myself, jiberjaber, Grey Sheep, Carlosfandango, bhoot + 1

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

« Reply #65 on: 23 January, 2018, 10:27:28 am »
All, Malcolm Borg is looking for an Arrow team so if anyone has space feel free to get in touch (or pm me and I will put you in touch)