Author Topic: Room available in Severn View Travel Lodge night before BCM  (Read 2558 times)

Bianchi Boy

• Cycling is my doctor
  • Is it possible for a ride to be too long?
    • Reading Cycling Club
Room available in Severn View Travel Lodge night before BCM
« on: 27 April, 2008, 10:23:47 am »
I have booked a room ay the Severn View Travel Lodge the night before (16/5) It is a family room with a double and a pull out bed. I went to cancel the room and found that I would not receive any refund.

If you want this room please PM me.

The room cost £35 to book, split two ways this is only £17.50 each. But I will accept what ever I can get.
Set a fire for a man and he will be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life.

Bianchi Boy

• Cycling is my doctor
    • Reading Cycling Club
Re: Room available in Severn View Travel Lodge night before BCM
« Reply #1 on: 29 April, 2008, 01:00:32 pm »
I have had one enquiry about this room. From someone who would not mind sharing.

Its a short ride over the Severn bridge from the start.
Set a fire for a man and he will be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life.

DanialW

« Reply #2 on: 29 April, 2008, 07:30:04 pm »
I can't believe someone hasn't snapped this off you. £35 for an ensuite so close to the base is a bargain.

Bianchi Boy

• Cycling is my doctor
    • Reading Cycling Club
« Reply #3 on: 30 April, 2008, 07:09:39 am »
I thought the same Danial. The room is a family room and was booked for myself and a friend who will also be a DNS.

The room is on-suite with a double and pull out bed. Last year I was allowed to leave my car as well at no charge - so did not pay toll on the Severn Bridge.

Iwill check the invoice tonight but I think the limit is three adults £11-50 each.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #4 on: 30 April, 2008, 10:44:00 am »
The problem is that we've all booked something else! If this had been on offer 2 weeks ago ...

You may get someone tempted to do a late entry.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Maladict

« Reply #5 on: 30 April, 2008, 11:02:58 am »
I'd been keen.  Only aren't the rooms non-transferrable so I'm going to have to pretend to be a Mr B. Boy?

:)

« Reply #6 on: 30 April, 2008, 12:40:20 pm »
  Only aren't the rooms non-transferrable

In case it helps anyone...  In practice this hasn't been a problem, as long as you know the booking number, and the name and address of whoever made the original booking. ( In other words they don't expect the original booker to necessarily get there first).

Bianchi Boy

• Cycling is my doctor
    • Reading Cycling Club
« Reply #7 on: 01 May, 2008, 08:56:28 pm »
Room gone. First come first served.