Author Topic: Etal-U-Can 200k  (Read 1718 times)

megajoules expenditure

Etal-U-Can 200k
« on: 05 October, 2009, 05:20:55 pm »
Following on from the theme of the Reiver 300k our last event of the season will now have full facilities at the finish.

Still time to enter the last Scottish event of the season. 8)

Cheers

Lucy

Graeme Wyllie

Re: Etal-U-Can 200k
« Reply #1 on: 05 October, 2009, 06:10:24 pm »
Hi Lucy - school hols so I'll not be able to make the journey to Gala unfortunately.   

« Reply #2 on: 05 October, 2009, 07:01:10 pm »
My entry form is winging its way to sunny Gala
It didn't look at all like that in the photographs

« Reply #3 on: 05 October, 2009, 07:34:13 pm »
Lucy,

Are you turning into the Scottish L. Supremo?

« Reply #4 on: 05 October, 2009, 09:46:35 pm »
I'm not at all sure if I might be capable of this, but I'm sending an entry anyway.  :-\

It's one of my favourite 200s.  It's one of those routes which lacks a single decent climb but has more short steep bits than any other.  :thumbsup:  I can usually cope with that, but it can be wearing.

The cafe at Etal is well worth a visit - it's not the grandest, nor does it have the best cakes (from memory  :( ) but I have always had the warmest of welcomes from the owners.  Besides which, there is b*gger all else open in the Borders* on a Sunday!

The fact that I can sit and be entertained by Mr Megajoules at the finish will only add to the pleasure!

See you all at the start, if I can persuade my leg to accompany me.

* includes the extreme north of Northumberland, which might be in England  ;)

valkyrie

• Look at the state of your face!
    • West Lothian Clarion
« Reply #5 on: 05 October, 2009, 10:04:24 pm »
I'll be there! Always a great route it'll be grand to have a social chat at the end instead of the usual dash for a Tescos receipt.
World Class Excuses for Piss-Poor Performances

« Reply #6 on: 06 October, 2009, 07:37:49 am »
I saved a first class stamp by entering at the Feiver 300 so can munch an extra cake at Etal.

Maverick

• One of the rural idle
    • Twoberries
« Reply #7 on: 06 October, 2009, 10:16:11 am »
I'm in for this one too, looking forward to the soup and rolls (and the jaffa cakes, pretty please ;D)

megajoules expenditure

« Reply #8 on: 06 October, 2009, 02:13:35 pm »
They're on the shopping list along with cloudless skies and warm sunshine  8)

Any other favourite food requests?

I'm in for this one too, looking forward to the soup and rolls (and the jaffa cakes, pretty please ;D)

megajoules expenditure

« Reply #9 on: 06 October, 2009, 05:12:22 pm »
Hope you'll soon be completely mended.

There is one rider who I think must like this route even more than yourself as he has entered twice.Should I assume he's wanting to do two laps?  8)

I'm not at all sure if I might be capable of this, but I'm sending an entry anyway.  :-\

It's one of my favourite 200s.  It's one of those routes which lacks a single decent climb but has more short steep bits than any other.  :thumbsup:  I can usually cope with that, but it can be wearing.

The cafe at Etal is well worth a visit - it's not the grandest, nor does it have the best cakes (from memory  :( ) but I have always had the warmest of welcomes from the owners.  Besides which, there is b*gger all else open in the Borders* on a Sunday!

The fact that I can sit and be entertained by Mr Megajoules at the finish will only add to the pleasure!

See you all at the start, if I can persuade my leg to accompany me.

* includes the extreme north of Northumberland, which might be in England  ;)

« Reply #10 on: 07 October, 2009, 12:33:15 am »
My entry's in the post... I was brought up in the Borders but have hardly ridden there, so something to look forward to :)