Author Topic: Forth Finale  (Read 7487 times)

valkyrie

• Look at the state of your face!
    • West Lothian Clarion
Forth Finale
« on: 30 October, 2009, 05:08:53 pm »
Anyone else planning on doing this ride on Sunday? Forecast is a bit on the wet side, but hopefully I'll manage to drag myself out of bed.

I'll be taking the footbridge at the ford, not like last time I attempted to cycle over water :-[
World Class Excuses for Piss-Poor Performances

MercuryKev

• Maxin' n Audaxin'
Re: Forth Finale
« Reply #1 on: 30 October, 2009, 05:40:51 pm »
I'm down for it.  I'm doing it as a DIY + calendar 200, which means that I've got to ride out to north Berwick and back afterwards.

eck

• Gonna ride my bike until I get home...
    • Angus Bike Chain CC
« Reply #2 on: 30 October, 2009, 05:45:37 pm »
Afraid not, Mr v. I've been in serious training, and am now tapering, for The Nippy Sweetie.  O:-)

But I might be tempted to drive down to the ford, in hopes of spectating at your new improved "bike - swim triathlon transition", seeing as how I missed the last attempt.  :thumbsup:

It's a bit weird, but actually quite wonderful.

The Mechanic

« Reply #3 on: 30 October, 2009, 06:06:17 pm »
I will be there.  Hope it is not raining and windy.  One is enough.

« Reply #4 on: 30 October, 2009, 06:15:25 pm »
I'm down for this one
Hope to see you there.

« Reply #5 on: 30 October, 2009, 08:02:17 pm »
I'm down for it.  I'm doing it as a DIY + calendar 200, which means that I've got to ride out to north Berwick and back afterwards.

Me too, but with the detour to Stirling in the morning.  See you all nice and soaked on Sunday.

« Reply #6 on: 30 October, 2009, 08:02:55 pm »
Anyone else planning on doing this ride on Sunday? Forecast is a bit on the wet side, but hopefully I'll manage to drag myself out of bed.

I'll be taking the footbridge at the ford, not like last time I attempted to cycle over water :-[

Want me to chap your door when I pass?

« Reply #7 on: 30 October, 2009, 09:42:12 pm »
I'm doing this as well as a last attempt at the Saltire on Sat to see if I can avoid the dip in the ford there and to bring my total of AAA points to 20. {I'm 1/4 point short at the moment.} The forecast looks better for Sat as well.

MercuryKev

• Maxin' n Audaxin'
« Reply #8 on: 31 October, 2009, 03:22:07 pm »
Oh how I wish that this ride was taking place today - it's almost perfect cycling weather.  Nevertheless, it looks like I'll get a change to break out the new rain legs tomorrow!

« Reply #9 on: 31 October, 2009, 04:21:09 pm »
Hi   Will do this on the vtt or commuter, weather looks grim for tomorrow need some ballast added.  100km  will feel like a 200 at the end  so good training.    Anyone else dumping the light bike.

valkyrie

• West Lothian Clarion
« Reply #10 on: 31 October, 2009, 05:24:41 pm »

What time do you reckon you'll be passing?

« Reply #11 on: 31 October, 2009, 06:04:22 pm »
My bag is packed - Gore-tex jacket, Gore-tex mitts, Gore-tex hat .....  :-\

I'm not breaking out the winter bike just yet, but my bag is nice and heavy.

See y'all in the morning.  :thumbsup:

« Reply #12 on: 31 October, 2009, 06:08:10 pm »
I'm not going to make it - a combination of going out tonight and the forecast -- I've just gone off the idea!

MercuryKev

• Maxin' n Audaxin'
« Reply #13 on: 31 October, 2009, 06:34:12 pm »

It's been that long, you'll have to wear a red carnation in your lapel so that we'll recognise you :)

« Reply #14 on: 31 October, 2009, 06:35:46 pm »

Emmm, 08:00-ish

« Reply #15 on: 31 October, 2009, 06:36:07 pm »
I'm not going to make it - a combination of going out tonight and the forecast -- I've just gone off the idea!

Jessie!  ;)

« Reply #16 on: 31 October, 2009, 06:37:37 pm »

It's been that long, you'll have to wear a red carnation in your lapel so that we'll recognise you :)

Only so long for those of us who didn't face the sub-zero temperatures in Gala a fortnight ago.  O:-)

GlasgowDave

• Inside I'm smiling
    • Flickr Audax Group
« Reply #17 on: 31 October, 2009, 06:52:22 pm »
I'm calling off too. I've got the cold and I'm not taking a soaking on top of it.

Yes, Valkyrie, I'm a big girls blouse.

Dave
it takes a special talent to miss out on the Midnight Madness by sleeping in...

« Reply #18 on: 31 October, 2009, 07:03:45 pm »
  I woke at 4.45 this morning and set off after brekkers. Saw a wonderful dawn over Redstone Rigg. No sign of the Saltire gremlin on the whole ride. Did see a beautiful rainbow but no accompanying rain the whole day. didn't fall in the ford. It was a tad windy esp as I got tired near the end. Not sure now about tomorrow as the forecast seems grim. What a wimp!

valkyrie

• West Lothian Clarion
« Reply #19 on: 31 October, 2009, 07:39:39 pm »

Emmm, 08:00-ish

Aye - come on round, it'd be good to have some company on the road and you might want a wheel to follow for a wee while after your early start. If you're not here by about 8.10am I'll just head off myself. It's about 10 miles to Dalmeny and I'm hoping for a cup of tea at the start. If you're going well and early then I can offer you a coffee/tea here.

« Reply #20 on: 31 October, 2009, 07:44:43 pm »
Aye - come on round, it'd be good to have some company on the road and you might want a wheel to follow for a wee while after your early start. If you're not here by about 8.10am I'll just head off myself. It's about 10 miles to Dalmeny and I'm hoping for a cup of tea at the start. If you're going well and early then I can offer you a coffee/tea here.

Okay-Dokey

valkyrie

• West Lothian Clarion
« Reply #21 on: 31 October, 2009, 08:53:09 pm »
I'm calling off too. I've got the cold and I'm not taking a soaking on top of it.

Yes, Valkyrie, I'm a big girls blouse.

Dave

I didn't expect anything else from the Audax Ecosse DNS Champion! What excuse do you think you'll be using for the Nippy Sweetie?

Graeme Wyllie

« Reply #22 on: 01 November, 2009, 02:13:50 pm »
I was never riding today but was toying with the idea of riding out to Damney this afterrnoon for a blether.

I have un toyed with that idea having just got soaked to the skin putting the bin out! 

eck

• Gonna ride my bike until I get home...
    • Angus Bike Chain CC
« Reply #23 on: 01 November, 2009, 02:18:58 pm »
I have un toyed with that idea having just got soaked to the skin putting the bin out! 
What is they say? This post is useless without photos.  ;D

Do you think there will be Fotos of the Forth Finale later?
It's a bit weird, but actually quite wonderful.

« Reply #24 on: 01 November, 2009, 02:33:04 pm »
I'm sort of glad my knee was playing up now and preventing me from riding. I got fair drookit just wandering round to the Co-op for some bread.

On a positive note if you fell off in the ford today you're unlikely to get much wetter.

Do you think there will be Fotos of the Forth Finale later?

Mmm, Lanarkshire on a grey, wet and windy day. I can hardly wait :P
It didn't look at all like that in the photographs