Author Topic: Pus  (Read 7923 times)

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
Re: Pus
« Reply #50 on: 10 February, 2009, 07:29:14 pm »
If this carries on, I'm going to get the saw and amputate my leg.

Why not get Nutty round, he's had plenty of practice.
Won't somebody think of the hamsters!

« Reply #51 on: 10 February, 2009, 08:19:09 pm »

Yes, but only on himself ;D

« Reply #52 on: 11 February, 2009, 06:33:32 am »

Valient, don't forget that wound needs doing daily, get thee somewhere for it to be done.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #53 on: 11 February, 2009, 09:23:26 am »
The point I was trying to make is that you should use disinfectant on breaks in the skin as a matter of course, whether you have a compromised immune system or not.

I've probably had more deep penetrating cuts and burns than anyone else here, including Nutty.

I'm not suggesting that Valiant should cease getting professional medical attention for this infection.

To clarify: I wasn't disagreeing with you that a lot of simple infective issues can be dealt with effectively at home.  heaven knows our nurses see a lot of really quite trivial issues.  The difficulty is recognising when it needs more intervention.
Getting there...

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #54 on: 13 February, 2009, 07:29:31 pm »
See, despite daily cleaning by a nurse for the past few days tis full of pus again :(
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

annie

« Reply #55 on: 13 February, 2009, 07:31:02 pm »
See, despite daily cleaning by a nurse for the past few days tis full of pus again :(

Sam, you need to get this looked at ASAP.  I feel for you.  Please let us know when you have been seen.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #56 on: 13 February, 2009, 07:36:49 pm »
I'm not gonna go til monday, tired of this ****.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #57 on: 13 February, 2009, 07:51:04 pm »
How are they treating the underlying infection?

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #58 on: 13 February, 2009, 08:08:10 pm »
Nothing special for this wound. Everytime I've gone in, all they done is clean.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #59 on: 13 February, 2009, 08:17:37 pm »
Not my field at all, but it is beginning to sound as if they'll need to debride the bugger properly.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #60 on: 13 February, 2009, 08:28:27 pm »
debride?  :-\

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #61 on: 13 February, 2009, 08:38:56 pm »
A more thorough cleaning of the wound to remove infected tissue.

As I say this is not an area in which I have current expertise so may not apply to your problem at all. I do recall from my training seeing pilonidal sinuses (which are probably not dissimilar to what you have) that these things can take a long time to heal and may need prolonged intervention. Is it in an awkward spot that is prone to rubbing etc?

How do the staff who are treating it say it's doing?

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #62 on: 13 February, 2009, 08:43:24 pm »
"At least you're immune system is still trying to fight, tough little soldiers"

Tis a couple of inches above the knee so it rubs on clothing and gets stretched/compressed when walking or sitting.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #63 on: 13 February, 2009, 08:46:32 pm »
Probably just going to take time, Sam.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #64 on: 29 July, 2009, 06:02:13 am »
I forgot to mention, it was finally sort a few months ago :) It's just soft tissue now.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #65 on: 29 July, 2009, 07:43:34 am »
Good to hear Sam :thumbsup:

Now get on with your fitness exercises :D
"100% PURE FREAKING AWESOME"

« Reply #66 on: 29 July, 2009, 09:16:52 am »
Hack your leg off with a rusty tenon saw. Douse the stump with petrol and set it alight.

Whatever you do, don't replace it with a hook.  The last bloke that did that got into trouble. ;D