Author Topic: Belgium rides 2019  (Read 13172 times)

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
Re: Belgium rides 2019
« Reply #75 on: 06 January, 2019, 07:24:23 pm »
I have nothing against Dutch CX  :-*  It's just that I know Flanders is the "heartland" - but happy to stray over the border!

This will be something to plan for next winter.

(the other likely option is a more pedestrian tourist trip - in which case I have more of Netherlands still to see than Flanders ... )
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #76 on: 06 January, 2019, 07:56:06 pm »
First of all you're right... The Flemish events are more enjoyable, but as has been pointed out you won't be disappointed at Hoogerheide or valkenburg in NL which are both just over the border and are usually world cup events with a top class field. At the moment it's a bit dull as vd poel usually wins if he turns up.

When the Belgian /  Dutch Randonneur calender is published just check it against the 'veldrit' calendar at       https://www.veldritkrant.be/kalender    You can usually see which town or location it is.

Regards,

Alan

« Reply #77 on: 22 February, 2019, 05:38:12 pm »
Is anyone riding Herentals tomorrow?
The road works around the start place seem to be a bit messy, but I plan on being there.
I'll be riding my new blue Thorn Mercury Rohloff  :)

« Reply #78 on: 22 February, 2019, 06:36:35 pm »
The Maastricht event is full for tomorrow, so if anyone hasn't decided yet, there's space in Herentals but not in Maastricht.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #79 on: 12 June, 2019, 10:55:33 pm »

I was planning to do the Brussels - Paris - Brussels 600 from Groot Bijgarden next weekend (22/23rd), but am not going to make it.

I have a hotel booked for the night before a few hundred metres from the start, as well as a room at the Ibis Budget that is the turn around control, I can cancel them both for free for a few more days, but thought I'd offer them here first. If anyone would like to make use of either or both of these bookings at cost price (I'll post an edit when I get home and check the price), drop me a PM before Sunday Evening. I'll cancel the bookings Monday if noone else wants them.

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

« Reply #80 on: 14 June, 2019, 08:53:18 am »
Brussels - Paris - Brussels 600 from Groot Bijgarden next weekend (22/23rd)

I'll be there. A late but necessary one for PBP.....
Anyone else?