Author Topic: 5 year membership  (Read 1647 times)

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
5 year membership
« on: 17 June, 2019, 09:23:06 pm »

LEL made me think that renewing for 5 years when I renew this year might be a sensible idea. As someone living outside the UK, I have to pay £9 extra for postage of awoowoo. If I get the 5 for 4 rate on membership, do I pay an extra £36 for not being in the UK, or an extra £45?

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

wilkyboy

• "nick" by any other name
    • 16-inch wheels
Re: 5 year membership
« Reply #1 on: 17 June, 2019, 09:37:52 pm »
That's really a question best directed to the Membership Secretary, J. 

I think Caroline's official email address is membership@audax.uk, but the new site is so opaque that I'm not actually certain  ::-)
Lockdown lethargy. RRTY: wot's that? Can't remember if I'm on #8 or #9 ...

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #2 on: 17 June, 2019, 09:57:42 pm »
I believe 'bhoot' is the MemSec.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: 17 June, 2019, 10:02:48 pm »
That's really a question best directed to the Membership Secretary, J. 

I think Caroline's official email address is membership@audax.uk, but the new site is so opaque that I'm not actually certain  ::-)

I tried to find that on the new site, but in my phone it's basically un usable. I'll give that email address a go.

J
--

« Reply #4 on: 17 June, 2019, 10:05:32 pm »
Wilkyboy is correct. It's in the contacts on the inside of the back cover of Arrivee.

« Reply #5 on: 18 June, 2019, 10:10:33 pm »
As former Membership Secretary I can answer this one.

1 Year Membership is £18
5 Year Membership is £72 (that's a 5-for-4 concession from AUK)

but while the overseas postal supplement is £9 for one year (which is still a bit of a bargain), the 5 year supplement is £45.  Which is as it should be as our mailing provider doesn't give us any concessions.

That answer should probably be added to the join us page with the rest of the Fees information, as I'm sure it will be before too long now you've highlighted its omission, for which thanks.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #6 on: 18 June, 2019, 10:13:02 pm »
As former Membership Secretary I can answer this one.

1 Year Membership is £18
5 Year Membership is £72 (that's a 5-for-4 concession from AUK)

but while the overseas postal supplement is £9 for one year (which is still a bit of a bargain), the 5 year supplement is £45.  Which is as it should be as our mailing provider doesn't give us any concessions.

That answer should probably be added to the join us page with the rest of the Fees information, as I'm sure it will be before too long now you've highlighted its omission, for which thanks.

Excellent, that's what I thought it would be.

Thanks

J
--