Author Topic: DIY Validation times  (Read 1573 times)

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
DIY Validation times
« on: 24 June, 2019, 02:45:43 pm »

I did a 200k DIY last week (final RRTY ride), I submitted it to the DIY org, they validated it, and put it into the AUK system. Usually this appears in the results area of the AUK website the following day. That was the 20th, it's now the following week, and it hasn't appeared. Is this just a case of massive backlogs of PBP qualifier stuff and DIY's are at the back of a queue, or should I be worrying?

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

Re: DIY Validation times
« Reply #1 on: 24 June, 2019, 02:54:22 pm »
I wouldn't be too worried quite yet. I'm still awaiting for a DIY ridden on the first weekend of June to be validated. Mind you I haven't had the validation email through yet for that, so that's one step before it might appear on the website.

I've put it down to pre-PBP workload / holidays. so will wait a little while longer before making any enquiries.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

telstarbox

• Loving the lanes
« Reply #2 on: 24 June, 2019, 03:07:39 pm »
I would hang onto the GPX file just in case, but nothing to worry about yet. (I know at least one of the DIY orgs is also busy organising calendar events at the moment.)
2019 🏅 R1000 and B1000

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
« Reply #3 on: 25 June, 2019, 08:19:56 am »
Holidays maybe, but not PBP workload - DIYs are handled completely separately.

I did a 200k DIY last week (final RRTY ride), I submitted it to the DIY org, they validated it, and put it into the AUK system. Usually this appears in the results area of the AUK website the following day. That was the 20th, it's now the following week, and it hasn't appeared.

If it hasn't appeared (as a 'provisional') then the organiser has not 'put it into the AUK system'.  DIYs are unique in that the organiser has to manually enter your ride (your memno and riding date) - meaning that there are obvious opportunities for finger trouble - whereas with every other type of event you pre-enter the data youself (during online entry).  So - give the org some time, or if you like to PM me your Mem Number and the date of your ride, I can inspect the raw data to see if there's anything to be found, such as a mis-typed Memno or a date 1 year wrong.
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #4 on: 19 July, 2019, 02:56:19 pm »

I did a 200k DIY last week (final RRTY ride), I submitted it to the DIY org, they validated it, and put it into the AUK system. Usually this appears in the results area of the AUK website the following day. That was the 20th, it's now the following week, and it hasn't appeared.

If it hasn't appeared (as a 'provisional') then the organiser has not 'put it into the AUK system'.  DIYs are unique in that the organiser has to manually enter your ride (your memno and riding date) - meaning that there are obvious opportunities for finger trouble - whereas with every other type of event you pre-enter the data youself (during online entry).  So - give the org some time, or if you like to PM me your Mem Number and the date of your ride, I can inspect the raw data to see if there's anything to be found, such as a mis-typed Memno or a date 1 year wrong.

Both this ride, and another more recent one appeared in my AUK record this morning. I'm guessing the DIY org is catching up on the backlog following a number of calendar events.

Now I can claim my RRtY

J
--

S2L

« Reply #5 on: 19 July, 2019, 03:22:55 pm »

« Reply #6 on: 19 July, 2019, 08:16:06 pm »

Both this ride, and another more recent one appeared in my AUK record this morning. I'm guessing the DIY org is catching up on the backlog following a number of calendar events.

Now I can claim my RRtY

J

Congratulations - second RrTY starts next month?
Sunshine approaching from the South.

First time in 1,000 years.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #7 on: 19 July, 2019, 08:31:43 pm »

Congratulations - second RrTY starts next month?

Started it in June, I have 2/12 done so far. Not sure how to do August, given I'm doing the TCR... but we'll see...

J
--