Author Topic: Weird/funny dreams you've had  (Read 147807 times)

Re: Weird/funny dreams you've had
« Reply #125 on: 16 March, 2012, 08:43:40 pm »
Railways are definitely Freudian (Common theme for me  ::-)) but when I start dreaming about you lot and Pies.....strewth.....
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #126 on: 16 March, 2012, 10:51:42 pm »
I had a dream the other morning about going to a dinner party with Hinge & Bracket (it was a theatre show for a select audience of eight who were among the guests).  Barakta was also there.
Getting there...

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #127 on: 17 March, 2012, 12:12:58 am »
If dementia is going to be like co-codamol dreams then I’m going to have to get someone to shoot me. I don’t take the stuff any more as it takes me ages to get over the extremely messed-up dreams it gives me. Sometimes I don’t even really remember the dreams themselves but just wake up feeling really, really disturbed and it takes a long time to shake off.

I took co-codamol for three days solid recently, for back pain. I was looking forward to some vivid nightmares but I got nothing. Zilch. If anything, I experienced more insomnia - awake until past 2, wide awake at 6:30. Rubbish drugs.

I did have a nice dream last night though. I bumped into the ex-girlfriend, the one that got away. She introduced me to her new boyfriend, who was a tool of the highest order. I think she knew this and I was half way in persuading her about the error of her ways when I woke up. I hate when that happens, I just want to go straight back to sleep because it's actually better than real life.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #128 on: 17 March, 2012, 12:18:29 am »
I took co-codamol for three days solid recently, for back pain. I was looking forward to some vivid nightmares but I got nothing. Zilch. If anything, I experienced more insomnia - awake until past 2, wide awake at 6:30. Rubbish drugs.

I get that too, if I don't titrate the dose of codeine to the level of pain accurately enough.  A little bit helps you sleep (mostly as it wears off the next morning, unfortunately), a little more makes you mildly giggly and have strange dreams, too much and you just lie there stoned for hours with a skewed sense of time.

« Reply #129 on: 19 March, 2012, 01:34:42 pm »

I get that too, if I don't titrate the dose of codeine to the level of pain accurately enough.  A little bit helps you sleep (mostly as it wears off the next morning, unfortunately), a little more makes you mildly giggly and have strange dreams, too much and you just lie there stoned for hours with a skewed sense of time.

Maybe it's the ideal drug to take on a long audax then!

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #130 on: 19 March, 2012, 01:39:44 pm »
I dreamed that I was riding my bike and kept on braking too late, and therefore crashing into walls.  This probably had a lot to do with the friend's bike I rode home yesterday to give it a service: the folding handlebars were loose and neither brake was in a good state.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #131 on: 19 March, 2012, 02:15:46 pm »
I had another bike theft dream last night.  Well, it was a proper nightmare, really, as it started with a ticket validity argument in a railway station, and the bike got nicked while I was being queerbashed by some of the other customers.

Still, at least it didn't get as far as the inevitable dangly bike spaces.

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #132 on: 19 March, 2012, 03:34:30 pm »
Co-codamol contains the opiate codeine.  All opiates and opiods have basically the same effect on you, but it may affect you differentlly from how it affects someone else.  A lot depends on how used to it you are, and the dose.

I find Tramadol very good for cycling as it eases discomfort and makes me feel happy in general - though ironically it takes away some of the desire to cycle in the first place.  Some other people find it makes them too drowsy for physical activity.  Addiction is a real danger, mind.
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
« Reply #133 on: 19 March, 2012, 09:11:27 pm »
I had a weird dream over the weekend.  I was helping my mum clear up the house.  There was some other stuff going on, but I'd forgotten it 5 seconds after waking up.  She's been dead 15 years, so I've no idea what that was about.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #134 on: 20 March, 2012, 06:12:04 pm »
A couple of rather weird and vivid dreams this afternoon. 
I hadn't slept at all well last night due to worrying about a hospital appointment this morning, so a nice nap this afternoon.

The first dream involved having a urinary tract infection, and weeing so much  that the toilet overflowed.   :o

The second dream involved me being Lee Majors, the Six Million Dollar Man, and I had teamed up with a clone of the Six Million Dollar Man,
and both of us were fighting the US Army's latest in cyborg infantry, a cybernetic werewolf.  We had both decided
that although the cyborg werewolf was stronger than us, he wasn't as intelligent or adaptable in combat conditions.

All the cyborg werewolf was good at was smashing things up and throwing them at us both.

???

Eventually we managed to get the cyborg werewolf under control by throwing large costa coffee cups at his paws - his paws ended up getting
stuck in the costa coffee cups..... ???

Sounds a bit like the plot of a movie - The Six Million Dollar Man versus the Cyberwolf.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #135 on: 20 March, 2012, 07:02:25 pm »
That's interesting, because one of my colleagues was telling me that last night she dreamt her cat turned into Battlecat from He-Man and she was riding him without his body armour.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #136 on: 21 March, 2012, 08:10:13 am »
Last night I dreamed I was taking my manual handling reaccreditation exam, but the room we were taking it in was much more like school, and I realised I was naked behind the desk.

BrianI

« Reply #137 on: 21 March, 2012, 08:28:25 am »
Last night I dreamed I was taking my manual handling reaccreditation exam, but the room we were taking it in was much more like school, and I realised I was naked behind the desk.

Quite a common dream I have is that I am bottomless, letting it all hang out...   

BrianI

« Reply #138 on: 31 March, 2012, 07:58:55 am »
A curios dream last night.

Basically Google had obtained images dating back to 500AD, so you could use street view and look at how things were in 500AD.....

And they had already obtained streetview images of the new forth road bridge, which hasn't been built yet.....

tonycollinet

• No Longer a western province of Númenor
« Reply #139 on: 01 April, 2012, 02:40:02 pm »
A work anxiety dream that was odd in that I was promoted.

It was one of those Darth Vader type promotions though. "Let us hope that *you* don't let me down" as the predecessors body lies twitching (metaphorically speaking) on the ground.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #140 on: 05 April, 2012, 07:42:12 am »
Good grief. Last night I dreamt I was forumming here and then went back to correct a post because I'd made an apostrophe error.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #141 on: 05 April, 2012, 10:41:54 am »
I dreamed I set off on my tourer, but I'd removed the straddle cables, so I couldn't stop.

I recalled this dream as I set off down the hill from home this morning ;D
Getting there...

« Reply #142 on: 05 April, 2012, 10:45:27 am »
Good grief. Last night I dreamt I was forumming here and then went back to correct a post because I'd made an apostrophe error.

Now, that IS spooky - the error is in the post above yours!

« Reply #143 on: 07 April, 2012, 10:25:19 am »
Good grief. Last night I dreamt I was forumming here and then went back to correct a post because I'd made an apostrophe error crime.

FTFY

BrianI

« Reply #144 on: 07 April, 2012, 05:38:18 pm »
Last night I had a dream about the filming of a new sequel to The Matrix

The film was set in the Mercat shopping centre, in Kirkcaldy, Fife!   :o

« Reply #145 on: 12 April, 2012, 08:53:28 pm »
Last night I dreamt I was riding PBP (or maybe LEL, events and details were rather fluid), I think I was about 700k in.

I remember I was drafting SimonP and Feline on their tandem and tried to apologise as we pulled into a control for not taking a turn on the front but I was struggling and they were very nice about it.  :thumbsup:

Not that I've actually met them IRL mind.
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

« Reply #146 on: 12 April, 2012, 10:59:10 pm »
Last night I dreamt I was riding PBP (or maybe LEL, events and details were rather fluid), I think I was about 700k in.

I remember I was drafting SimonP and Feline on their tandem and tried to apologise as we pulled into a control for not taking a turn on the front but I was struggling and they were very nice about it.  :thumbsup:

Not that I've actually met them IRL mind.

Maybe it was a premonition  ;D Hopefully you won't be struggling on LEL though!

essexian

« Reply #147 on: 13 April, 2012, 06:50:18 am »
Strange dream just before I woke up.....

I was staying in Romford for some reason and had to meet with Lynda (a work colleague) who was now a bloke....? Well I had to meet her in Streatham.... yes south of the water: I was not too impressed by that idea! Anyway, when I turned up at the station (isn't South London transport crap) s/he took me to a Italian cafe via what seemed to be several large Las Vegas hotels and shopping centre....certainly not the South London I know and generally try to avoid like the plague! Anyway, after a very expensive and crap breakfast, we headed back to the station but half way there, I remember I had left my coat behind so go back to the café. It seemed to have disappeared from the street it was on so had to ask some locals for directions. The cafe looked the same inside but was completely different on the outside.

Anyway, once in I asked for my coat back but some young punk decided that I had to pay "storage" and wouldn't give it back and less I paid up. Well after some strong words later (and a little bit of muscle: violence cures most things in my eyes) I got my coat back. Problems then arose once outside as once again, the landscape had changed and I could not find the street: just gardens with bits of London Wall in them. Eventually I did managed to find a piece of open land but, there were a group of heavies waiting to give me a kicking. Luckily for me, they were a North London crew (who weren't sure what they were doing south of the water) who knew me, so the kicking was enough to say they had done it, but not to cause damage. As this was South London and of course, north of the Thames is better, they went into the cafe and "had a word" with the manager so having them come south.

I suppose it means something about sex but what?

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #148 on: 13 April, 2012, 10:50:23 am »
Last night I dreamed that I was on some sort of DIY audax with an assortment of forumites.  It was going quite well until we had to negotiate a roundabout at some junction of the M4 or other, which was full of fast cars and had a surface with an astoundingly low coefficient of friction that necessitated crossing it on our hands and knees, dragging the bikes along with bungee cords.

A little later we were passing through Bracknell, and I noticed the lights of several buildings come on as we passed.  I concluded that there must be someone with a Zigbee device nearby, looked around and spotted RevK (of AAISP fame) on his Pashley.  He invited us in to meet the orc and PGP signed our brevet cards.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #149 on: 16 April, 2012, 12:50:58 pm »
I had a really disturbing dream last night. I was in a touristy area of some unidentified town and among the sightseers was a large concrete building which was an abbatoir. I could hear cows bellowing and gun shots inside, the pavement was covered in bits of cow skin and flesh, and there were protesters who held up real cow skulls with flesh still attached, on sticks. There were also recumbents done up to represent Roman chariots for hire on the street outside.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.