Author Topic: Cycplus Cube Mini Pump  (Read 1460 times)

Cycplus Cube Mini Pump
« on: 15 January, 2024, 02:13:27 pm »
My Topeak Mini Morph pumps are getting a bit old these days and then I saw these https://www.cycplus.com/products/tiny-pump-for-bike

I have noticed a Youtube video of Alex Dowsett out on a winter training ride that appears to use one but has anyone else had any experience of them?

Re: Cycplus Cube Mini Pump
« Reply #1 on: 15 January, 2024, 02:24:21 pm »

« Reply #2 on: 16 January, 2024, 08:44:16 am »
Not exactly those but I've got one of these and recommend it.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005999149230.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.61.36391802FAV6YC

The first review says it took 4 mins to inflate a tyre to 45 psi but I don't think it mentions the tyre size. How long does it take for a road tyre?

« Reply #3 on: 16 January, 2024, 11:29:35 am »
The other day when I used it out on the road it took at most a minute, to get it from about 20 to maybe 80 psi.  It's probably a little bit slower than pumping but it's not glacial. 

« Reply #4 on: 17 January, 2024, 10:29:34 am »
Can you not just get a Topeak kit to replace the washer and seals? Last one I got was 4.99

« Reply #5 on: 18 January, 2024, 10:03:33 am »
I have a Fumpa mini-pump

https://road.cc/content/review/260467-fumpa-minifumpa

I fucking love it, doesn't have a gauge but it inflates a tyre faster than I can with a trackpump to "that'll do" pressure

The Cycplus pump looks like a slightly more refined version with a changeable valve attachment which would be useful on the Fumpa

« Reply #6 on: 20 January, 2024, 10:37:30 am »
Well in the end, I decided to treat myself to a CYCPLUS Mini Pump at a cost of £65.99 and it arrived this morning.

I will try it out over the next few days and do a report in the REVIEWS DATABASE below.

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #7 on: 30 January, 2024, 07:56:07 am »
Two questions

How long does charging take from a home power socket?

Can you charge/top-up from a power bank and how long does that take?

. . . I see that the Aliexpress version doesn't seem to ship to the UK.

« Reply #8 on: 30 January, 2024, 08:32:45 am »
I got the AliExpress one (to the UK), but wouldn't recommend it based on testing so far. It would only inflate to 60-ish psi before sounding like it really struggled, and managed this less than twice before conking out completely. This makes it less useful than the 2x CO2 I carried previously, so I'm not mega impressed. I've got it charging again and will report back if it miraculously gains capacity, but as of right now I'm struggling to think of a use case where I'd want to carry it.

« Reply #9 on: 01 February, 2024, 08:33:57 am »
I got the AliExpress one (to the UK), but wouldn't recommend it based on testing so far. It would only inflate to 60-ish psi before sounding like it really struggled, and managed this less than twice before conking out completely. This makes it less useful than the 2x CO2 I carried previously, so I'm not mega impressed. I've got it charging again and will report back if it miraculously gains capacity, but as of right now I'm struggling to think of a use case where I'd want to carry it.

The battery needs to be charged quite frequently, and capacity will be lower in cold weather.  But I'd be happy with getting two tyres to 60psi from a single charge!

« Reply #10 on: 05 February, 2024, 01:41:04 pm »
Not exactly those but I've got one of these and would recommend it.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005999149230.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.61.36391802FAV6YC

Arrived today (just a few days after ordering).  Seems good.  Tested on a couple of road and MTB tyres.  Noisier than expected!

Thanks for the link!
The sound of one pannier flapping

slope

• Inclined to distraction
    • Current pedalable joys
« Reply #11 on: 12 February, 2024, 03:51:41 pm »
See the Reviews Database section for an initial Cyclplus Cube timed experiment an 700C x 50mm tyre