Poll

How many hours do you sleep, most nights?

8+
10 (11.5%)
7+
28 (32.2%)
6+
30 (34.5%)
5+
15 (17.2%)
4+
3 (3.4%)
Under 4
1 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Voting closed: 30 June, 2014, 02:39:24 pm

Author Topic: A poll about sleeping hours  (Read 3407 times)

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
Re: A poll about sleeping hours
« Reply #25 on: 21 June, 2014, 08:01:02 am »
Recently, I've been getting 2-3 hours with several periods of wakefulness in the night. Combine that with a job which often requires the loss of 2-3 nights' sleep a week, and I'm beginning to run out of energy! Quite often, I find I can sleep for an hour or so on the sofa after doing the school run then I'm fine for the day. This morning, with no need to be awake or up, I woke at 6 (after going to bed at 1). I shall put this iPad down and try and get my 'sofa sleep' actually in bed!

« Reply #26 on: 22 June, 2014, 09:51:16 am »
I answered 7 hours but that's not a night but its an average for a 24 period.
Because I don't work, I don't have to be up at a set time.
Plus I tend to sleep in 3-5 hour blocks.
Combine those to facts and I tend to end up on a 26 cycle.
In the end, I'll skip on sleep block to get back to a more normal time to go to bed and start the whole cycle again.

« Reply #27 on: 08 July, 2014, 06:08:02 pm »
I'm usually 6.5 hours plus. can do 8.  Long bike rides wreck my sleep. I find it hard to get off. I sleep a lot better since I finished work. Before then I had a lot of disturbed sleep and nightmares. Now I'm usually dead to the world. My GP says I was stressed at work and did not know it. I now know he was right.
My wife hates the fact that I sleep soundly while she lies along side me for hours waiting for sleep to come. My best investment was good wax earplugs. Saved my marriage and my wifes life. I was due to strangle her to stop her snoring.
Nothing left to prove. http://adenough1.blogspot.co.uk/