Author Topic: Problem with GMap to GPX ? Firefox 3  (Read 3728 times)

Problem with GMap to GPX ? Firefox 3
« on: 24 June, 2008, 02:24:33 pm »
Hi all

Is anyone having trouble with GMaptoGPX currently? I was using this without problems but when I tried today all I get is a fleeting glimpse of a red box at the top of the screen that says "loading". This disappears and then nothing else happens.

Could this be due to some incompatibility with FF3?

Re: Problem with GMap to GPX ? Firefox 3
« Reply #1 on: 24 June, 2008, 02:26:43 pm »
Works for me with FF3.

I went to: Communications From Elsewhere  » GMapToGPX
Right click on the bit next to "This is the link" and selected "Bookmark This Link"

Then went a gmap-pedometer page and selected the bookmark and it worked ok.

Try bookmarking it again as it might have got screwed up when the profile was moved from FF2 to FF3.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #2 on: 24 June, 2008, 02:37:32 pm »
Thanks GB - what about Google maps rather than gmap-pedometer?

Oh - it works now  ;D after using a fresh link and placing it in the bookmarks toolbar.

« Reply #3 on: 24 June, 2008, 02:39:26 pm »
Yup, that works too.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
« Reply #4 on: 24 June, 2008, 06:06:52 pm »
I am having trouble with it, on one route plan in particular.  (This is using IE6, and I've also tried it with FF2 - have also tried re-bookmarking the applet link) 
Mostly it works as usual, but one route in the south of France seems perfectly OK in Google Maps but the Gmapto GPX thingy just doesn't do it, and I get a javascript error mark in the browser border instead.  Very odd.  Have tried breaking the route in half and tried each half separately, but still no joy.  Route not particularly long or complex.  Other routes elsewhere in UK and France work as expected.   Bizarre.
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll