Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 1300680 times)

Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #2475 on: 03 February, 2012, 05:09:27 pm »
Do you ever really fancy something, and give in, only to find it’s actually not as nice as you remembered

Now don't upset me. I've been salivating for the past few days about the christmas cake and stilton I promised myself I could have this weekend cos I'd reached my target  weight :-\

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #2476 on: 03 February, 2012, 05:14:41 pm »
Do you ever really fancy something, and give in, only to find it’s actually not as nice as you remembered, and then you’re left feeling vaguely guilty/cross with yourself in a way that you wouldn’t have been if you’d felt like the transgression was actually worth it?!

I must remember that sometimes the idea of something is nicer than the something itself.

Most of it, to be honest. At the moment I'm reminding myself of this each time I'm tempted and also trying to remind myself of how much my ankles will benefit when I'm 20kg lighter.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #2477 on: 03 February, 2012, 06:08:02 pm »
Hard day today.
Walked past a pub doing food, a chinese, an indian, 2 pizza places, the super-duper market and the chip shop. God it was tough.
But, I walked past.

Go me.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2478 on: 03 February, 2012, 06:17:46 pm »
Woohoo!
Getting there...

« Reply #2479 on: 03 February, 2012, 06:49:08 pm »
Definite victory there.

Chinese tonight, but I've earned it with a lunchtime 10km run on top on the commute. Calorie offsetting ftw.

Gandalf

• Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty
« Reply #2480 on: 03 February, 2012, 07:01:47 pm »
Do you ever really fancy something, and give in, only to find it’s actually not as nice as you remembered, and then you’re left feeling vaguely guilty/cross with yourself in a way that you wouldn’t have been if you’d felt like the transgression was actually worth it?!

I must remember that sometimes the idea of something is nicer than the something itself.

This is so true.  If I'm about to transgress I try and stop to consider how I'll be feeling a few minutes later, having eaten something which is mediocre at best and usually utter crap.

Another ploy is to visualise a snooty shop assistant saying 'how would sir like to pay?'.

Doesn't always work mind.

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #2481 on: 03 February, 2012, 08:35:37 pm »
we had a nice tradition at work to have a big tray of mixed fruits and berries delivered every friday. nice, healthy and everyone liked it. but due to deteriorating quality of fruits in winter time these were replaced by saturated fat and sugar bombs delicious freshly baked pastries from sainsburys. four maple pecan plaits at eleven o'clock can't be very good? :-\ fortunately we get such "treats" only once a week.

simonp

« Reply #2482 on: 03 February, 2012, 11:12:57 pm »
Hard day today.
Walked past a pub doing food, a chinese, an indian, 2 pizza places, the super-duper market and the chip shop. God it was tough.
But, I walked past.

Go me.

\o/

« Reply #2483 on: 03 February, 2012, 11:19:02 pm »
Hard day today.
But, I walked past.

Go me.

\o/

Simon, on the other hand, did not make it past the Chinese this evening!  ;D

simonp

« Reply #2484 on: 03 February, 2012, 11:49:17 pm »
Hard day today.
But, I walked past.

Go me.

\o/

Simon, on the other hand, did not make it past the Chinese this evening!  ;D

Not only that but I am now going to have a grapefruit.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2485 on: 04 February, 2012, 06:10:35 am »
Yesterday was the first day in a couple of weeks where I've not been fairly comfortably below my target.  Only an hour's cycling made it an acceptable position.  Shows how much I depend on the exercise part.
Getting there...

« Reply #2486 on: 04 February, 2012, 08:04:06 am »
Indeed. 1200 calories is Nothing. I don't know how anyone manages.

« Reply #2487 on: 04 February, 2012, 08:25:43 am »
I can't do it. About 1800 is the least I can tolerate.

« Reply #2488 on: 04 February, 2012, 10:55:21 am »
Without a sex change and a 12" height gain, I have to aim for 1200 net or I lose nothing.
No wonder I get grumpy!

« Reply #2489 on: 04 February, 2012, 12:13:55 pm »
I've always managed to keep my calorie intake fairly low not by watching what I eat but by missing a meal. I know this is technically a bad thing to do, but for most of the last 40 years I have eaten 'brunch' and then 'dinner' only. Occasionally I get the munchies and add 'midnight feast' to that list! One of the things that myfitnesspal has shown me since new year is that I am often way short on my iron and potassium intake. Must eat more red meat and bananas! Failing that I will just eat an iron tablet.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2490 on: 04 February, 2012, 04:58:44 pm »
Missing meals goes disastrously wrong for me.  I need to keep a lid on snacking, and mind I eat sensibly otherwise.

And exercise, or I can never be full enough not to think about it.
Getting there...

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #2491 on: 04 February, 2012, 06:14:07 pm »
Calorie counting.No chance,that's far too serious for me ::-)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #2492 on: 04 February, 2012, 06:21:19 pm »
I have a test this evening. I have made curry - lots of curry. Also, there is naan bread and chutneys. I will have to ensure that I have just the one moderate helping.

« Reply #2493 on: 04 February, 2012, 06:25:19 pm »
I have just made an epic birthday cake, and am about to order pizza, so tonight's diet is definitely not going to come in under calorie expended limit. I missed breakfast and lunch in preparation!

« Reply #2494 on: 04 February, 2012, 06:46:43 pm »
Without a sex change and a 12" height gain, I have to aim for 1200 net or I lose nothing.
No wonder I get grumpy!

Net, I'm fine with 1200. I need a min of 1800 kcal in my belly exercise or not. Sundays are my worst day 'cos of no cycling.

« Reply #2495 on: 04 February, 2012, 06:54:16 pm »
Calorie counting.No chance,that's far too serious for me ::-)

It is automatic in MyFitnessPal And there is the support of others in the same situation.  I am a convert to this.

Geoff
Only those that dare to go too far, know how far they can go.   T S Elliot

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #2496 on: 04 February, 2012, 07:55:27 pm »
On today's 100km ride  I lost two stones.

actually a pebble from each shoe ;D

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #2497 on: 04 February, 2012, 08:28:29 pm »
I have a test this evening. I have made curry - lots of curry. Also, there is naan bread and chutneys. I will have to ensure that I have just the one moderate helping.

Well, I had one moderate portion, no seconds, some naan bread and two pickles (mango chutney & brinjal) and a bit of fruit for afters and I feel replete and virtuous.

simonp

« Reply #2498 on: 04 February, 2012, 09:00:47 pm »
I've joined the MyFitnessPal crowd. Like the app.

simonp

« Reply #2499 on: 06 February, 2012, 10:11:52 pm »
I like that it scales fats etc according to energy use. Live strong didn't seem to do that which meant a well balanced high intake diet went into the red on fat too easily.