Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 1300449 times)

Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #3100 on: 27 April, 2012, 11:07:21 pm »
Seriously thinking about buying one and selling the treadmill

Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #3101 on: 28 April, 2012, 10:50:02 pm »
Prepping for a presentation to a psychobiology group on Monday. Any of you who are friends with me on MFP might have seen how much I use oats and apples. Here's why

A satiety quotient: a formulation to assess the satiating effect of food.

The Satiety Index List

Presenting 'cos I've come up with an novel idea of how weight loss could be promoted. This lot know their arse from their elbow when it comes to eating behaviour and weight loss, so had the outline proposal not received such a warm welcome, I'd feel well out of my depth. Will be delighted if we can get some funding.

« Reply #3102 on: 29 April, 2012, 09:34:31 am »
Prepping for a presentation to a psychobiology group on Monday. Any of you who are friends with me on MFP might have seen how much I use oats and apples. Here's why

A satiety quotient: a formulation to assess the satiating effect of food.

The Satiety Index List

Presenting 'cos I've come up with an novel idea of how weight loss could be promoted. This lot know their arse from their elbow when it comes to eating behaviour and weight loss, so had the outline proposal not received such a warm welcome, I'd feel well out of my depth. Will be delighted if we can get some funding.

Thank you for sharing that lot  it will take some digesting,  ;>)

Good luck with the presentation.

Geoff
Only those that dare to go too far, know how far they can go.   T S Elliot

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #3103 on: 30 April, 2012, 10:01:13 am »
I have been quite pleased with the last three mornings' readings. Things seem to be heading in the right direction again.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #3104 on: 30 April, 2012, 12:48:24 pm »
One of my charges had a party. The kitchen is full of things I like to eat and I'm rather tired which is a bad combination :(. I don't think my next couple of weigh ins are going to be good. :-[
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

« Reply #3105 on: 30 April, 2012, 01:59:32 pm »
Prepping for a presentation to a psychobiology group on Monday.

I think I remember you saying you work/live in Cambridge.  Do you happen to know a Dr Pears?*  Moved from Bangor this year? Has been known to go to the gym.

* Yes, that is her real name

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3106 on: 30 April, 2012, 03:51:03 pm »
One of my charges had a party. The kitchen is full of things I like to eat and I'm rather tired which is a bad combination :(. I don't think my next couple of weigh ins are going to be good. :-[

Oh dear.  I've been awful hungry today too :-[
Getting there...

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3107 on: 30 April, 2012, 07:54:29 pm »
I was 71kg last night. In a T-shirt.
I appear to be lighter than my last weigh-in.

I was 71kg last night in a T-shirt.
That's the same as last weigh-in but I seemed to pee a lot overnight so might break the 70kg morning weight barrier.
I hope.

David was 76kg. I have fed him too much! I think he was under 70kg when he moved in.

« Reply #3108 on: 30 April, 2012, 08:05:28 pm »
Bought my partner a fitbit for birthday. Happiness is a life logger!!
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

« Reply #3109 on: 01 May, 2012, 06:09:01 am »
Had a good day yesterday and then fell off the wagon last night, one packet of biscuits later I am thinking that I ned to find something to do in the evenings rather than eat  :'(
Only those that dare to go too far, know how far they can go.   T S Elliot

« Reply #3110 on: 01 May, 2012, 09:01:49 am »
Geoff?! The whole packet? Maybe you should try taking one or two out the packet and then actually sellotaping them shut and leaving them in a different room, don't take them to the sofa with you.

That's if you need to buy the biscuits in the first place. The only way for me not to eat sugary rubbish is not to have it in the house. Just forget it now though, and today is a new day and new week so you can get straight back on track :)

I'm suffering big time with morning sickness and just feel generally terrible. I would have thought this would have made me lose a little bit of weight, but erm, no, apparently not.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3111 on: 01 May, 2012, 09:43:57 am »
Keeping bad stuf out the house doesn't work if you have kids.  We always have crisps, and I'm only now feeling confident about not grabbing a packet :-\
Getting there...

« Reply #3112 on: 01 May, 2012, 09:48:30 am »
We have kids. We rarely have crisps in the house though, (I can actually leave crisps alone anyway, unlike sweet stuff), the kids are actually not interested in biscuits, so we don't have them, and if they have chocolate, its on a Friday, they eat it same day, so we don't have to have it around.

My OH eats crisps and other junky stuff (he is a natural skinny) but he tends to buy it and eat it straight away, mainly during the day at work, so I don't have his junk calling me to eat it!

« Reply #3113 on: 01 May, 2012, 09:51:54 am »
That last phrase is not one to use on yacf. I LOLed.  ;D ;D :demon:
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

simonp

« Reply #3114 on: 01 May, 2012, 10:48:20 am »
Kids' role is to eat the junk you buy for you, before you get a chance, leaving the healthy stuff behind.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3115 on: 01 May, 2012, 10:50:36 am »
Oatcakes do not count as junk.  But they don't last long in any house containing a TGL. :-\
Getting there...

« Reply #3116 on: 01 May, 2012, 10:55:21 am »
Simon- yes exactly!!!! What's the point of them otherwise?! ;) :)

(The amount of evenings I sort out the lunchboxes and anything vaguely sugary/yummy is eaten but the sandwich/fruit/healthiest stuff is left.......)

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #3117 on: 01 May, 2012, 11:14:39 am »
Oatcakes do not count as junk.

They are, perhaps surprisingly, quite high in calories though (they're about 20% fat).

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

simonp

« Reply #3118 on: 01 May, 2012, 11:20:55 am »

They are, perhaps surprisingly, quite high in calories though (they're about 20% fat).

d.

And salt. But oats are good for you, I tell myself.

citoyen

« Reply #3119 on: 01 May, 2012, 11:28:57 am »
Prepping for a presentation to a psychobiology group on Monday. Any of you who are friends with me on MFP might have seen how much I use oats and apples. Here's why...

Great stuff, DrM! I've had a quick scan read and looks very interesting. I'll read it properly later.

I particularly like the idea of eating chocolate mousse in the name of scientific research.

d.

« Reply #3120 on: 01 May, 2012, 11:37:42 am »

d.
Depends how you make them. I'm sure mine (though made with England's finest LARD) aren't 20% fat.

citoyen

« Reply #3121 on: 01 May, 2012, 11:41:03 am »
True that. Maybe I should make my own rather than buying Nairn's.

d.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #3122 on: 01 May, 2012, 11:45:50 am »

I'm suffering big time with morning sickness and just feel generally terrible.

that'll be the biscuits no doubt.
Congratulations :)

« Reply #3123 on: 01 May, 2012, 11:47:20 am »
LOL, thanks, but I'm more of a cake than a biscuits person ;)

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #3124 on: 01 May, 2012, 11:48:38 am »

absolutley detrooth.
The Priest House cafe in Audley do divine oatcakes with a variety of fillings.The cheese & mushroom ones are worth the 100km ride in themselves.
Guess how I know this :D