Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 1300810 times)

jogler

• mojo operandi
Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #3275 on: 11 June, 2012, 07:07:49 pm »
I'm 0.5kg lighter this morning than yesterday.Last night I slept in a bivvy bag beneath a tarp.Is there a connection?

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3276 on: 11 June, 2012, 07:26:19 pm »
I'm 0.5kg lighter this morning than yesterday.Last night I slept in a bivvy bag beneath a tarp.Is there a connection?

Probably.
You may have peed more if you were cooler. The blood vessels serving the chilly parts may have constricted and returned an extra pint of blood to the circulation.
Your kidneys would then dump excess volume the usual way...

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #3277 on: 13 June, 2012, 08:27:54 am »
Well, all that black pudding, porridge and beer has taken its toll. Up 3.8kg on two weeks ago.

Back to the regime again today.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3278 on: 13 June, 2012, 11:16:33 am »
Had a bad day yesterday, so a small blip. :(
Getting there...

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
    • Ramblings of a silverback cyclist
« Reply #3279 on: 13 June, 2012, 11:29:41 am »
Still dropping down slowly here, 14st1lb this morning.
I now have nearly the weight of a sack of potatoes gone since last Sept  :o

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #3280 on: 13 June, 2012, 02:06:50 pm »
Having lost a kg in a week it's become clear that my new routine needs to be...

each Saturday ride 130km including 1800 metres of climbing
spend two nights a week in a sleeping bag/tarp combo underneath a tarp.

So,another 21 day E2E,this time  LEJoG & cycle camping,should get me down to target weight at the Crask Inn.
 ;D

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #3281 on: 14 June, 2012, 08:13:46 am »
Down 1.1kg on yesterday! ;)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #3282 on: 20 June, 2012, 08:06:26 am »
Pleased to have lost weight this week, as we had friends staying with us for several days and that involved buying all kinds of diet-busting food like chocolate biscuits and beer. I have still failed to meet my June target by about 10kg, although I think that I can console myself that, after six months, I am still trying and logging my weight each week. That has never happened before.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #3283 on: 20 June, 2012, 08:51:11 am »
after six months, I am still trying and logging my weight each week. That has never happened before.

I too am suprised that I have persevered without the desired steady weight loss that would normally be my incentive to continue

keep on keeping on Wow :)

Jakob

« Reply #3284 on: 20 June, 2012, 09:04:54 am »
21 days of zone-ish, paleo-ish diet, I'm down 2kg, after an initial loss of 3kg after 2 weeks....but, I'm down 3.6% body fat, which is actually a 4kg fat loss (and 2 kg muscle gain).
Last week was tough to keep it up, as work got really busy again and I did not have time to weigh and prep food and had to rely on take-outs, where even the salads are often heavy on feta-cheese and dressings. (And low on protein)

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3285 on: 20 June, 2012, 09:46:13 am »
Plateaued again. :(

But I can reassure myself that it's better to plateau at 86kg than it is at 93 or 100, where I got stuck previously.

I will keep going, and I hope I can get shifting again.
Getting there...

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #3286 on: 20 June, 2012, 09:52:41 am »
Wow & Clarion, you should both congratulate yourself on your progress so far. No one ever said it was going to be easy, but having the willpower to stick at it is half the battle...

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3287 on: 20 June, 2012, 10:01:54 am »
Well, at my heaviest I was 116kg, so I've lost almost 30kg, and am the lightest I have ever been as an adult.  But I'm sure I can do better.  I was hoping to be past 85kg and on my way to 80kg by the middle of the year. :-\
Getting there...

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #3288 on: 20 June, 2012, 10:04:10 am »
In my case I reckon I'm about 2kg down on my October weight. It's just that we had that Woolly & Peli staying with us for a couple of months, you see, and Waitrose kept on selling Jarlsberg and beer at ridiculously low prices, and that Woolly has this recipe for absolutely disgusting ice cream...

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #3289 on: 20 June, 2012, 10:32:30 am »
I stopped counting before my German tour (the end of April onwards) and haven't really started again due to lots of hols etc.

I probably should as I've sneaked another kg on, although that's not bad considering how much Toblerone I've been eating. I find the better weather means I do more riding and burn more calories but I seem to find I have two modes:

1. Calorie counting, eating exactly what I should and feeling great with it
2. Not calorie counting, eating exactly what I want all the time

I wish I could find a happy medium!
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3290 on: 20 June, 2012, 12:37:42 pm »
Arranged food for ~200 head Cyclists' Breakfast.
Escaped from bed hours before partner awoke.
Ate some (too many) goodies at Breakfast... http://camdencyclists.org.uk/rides/fairs/breakfast0612a

« Reply #3291 on: 20 June, 2012, 03:04:41 pm »
Down 1lb. BMI is now 20.5 and as I'm quite muscly I don't think there is loads more to come off, I think I still want about another 5-6lbs but not too worried about it until I'm running again.

Foot still in stupid roboboot thing for another 4 weeks but I can change it for a cycling shoe so am riding- haven't done any long rides yet but am in for a 100 mile event on Sunday so will see what happens. I'm not allowed to do any time trials :( (or drive grrrr)

But its good I can do something :)

Only bad thing is I'm going to have to take some drugs that are supposed to make me put on weight. I'm going to have to be careful not to overeat when my appetite tells me to!!!

« Reply #3292 on: 21 June, 2012, 07:59:54 am »
Static.
This is in some ways, good news, as I'm still living out of a suitcase for half the week and managing, on average, one cycle commute a week.
I have changed my eating habits while staying in the hotel.  I am having a cooked breakfast but not having anything other than fruit and salad for lunch.
So far this is working in that I'm not getting serious munchies during the day and haven't put weight on in a fortnight.

Steve

"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

simonp

« Reply #3293 on: 21 June, 2012, 06:36:07 pm »
Something strange going on with the graphs: auntie helen’s graph looks like it’s a mixture of two different people’s graphs. Well, I guess it’s something to do on the train.

simonp

« Reply #3294 on: 21 June, 2012, 08:19:12 pm »
Something strange going on with the graphs: auntie helen’s graph looks like it’s a mixture of two different people’s graphs. Well, I guess it’s something to do on the train.

Fixed: was caused by someone deleting their account and breaking the user detection so their weights got inserted into AH’s graph.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #3295 on: 27 June, 2012, 02:50:54 pm »
After nearly a week thinking my scales were broken (same exact weight - to one decimal place - every day) I'm finally moving in the right direction again.  Actually, close to the lightest I've been all year, though still around 3kg above my target.  I have a month until my holiday, so still have a chance of hitting my target.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #3296 on: 27 June, 2012, 02:56:32 pm »
I fell off the wagon a few weeks ago (birthday etc).

My clothing is starting to feel tighter again.

I shall step on the scales tomorrow morning and try to encourage myself to start counting calories again.

Seems I can't just go with my natural eating amount as it just gets out of control really quickly.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

Chris S

« Reply #3297 on: 27 June, 2012, 03:23:25 pm »
Well. I get 10/10 this month for maintaining a weight. Problem is - it's the wrong weight  >:(.

Back to MFP you go, Mr S.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3298 on: 27 June, 2012, 05:17:28 pm »
It's been a bad week for dieting.  But I got away with just 200g added.  I need to work hard to keep on track, but this is my second day of short rides because of illness :(
Getting there...

« Reply #3299 on: 27 June, 2012, 08:00:35 pm »
I've stayed the same this week. Managed to get out on a day off today and ride 220k on my own so quite pleased with myself after ages off.

Treatment starts for me next week, I'm expecting to get fatter :(