Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 1300603 times)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #5350 on: 04 February, 2015, 12:03:36 pm »
Consistently lighter this week - I'm weighing almost daily with my new toy - so I'm happy.

« Reply #5351 on: 04 February, 2015, 12:13:04 pm »
I actually, surprisingly, sneaked under my target weight.  That in a week when I've not been out on the bike because of ice and had a > 3000 calorie day on Saturday.

We'll see if it sticks next week...
Up the hills and round the bends

« Reply #5352 on: 04 February, 2015, 12:31:45 pm »
Up 0.7kgs this morning, but was down 0.1 on Sunday morning - so hoping to reverse reverse this week.

Should be viable with a bit more time and a (partially) working bike

simonp

« Reply #5353 on: 04 February, 2015, 03:32:55 pm »
Heavier than a heavy thing.

« Reply #5354 on: 04 February, 2015, 03:51:27 pm »
I'm happy. Slightly up on last week, but that's all in the noise. I'm now not trying to lose any more - just not go up again. Considering I had a weekend of snacking in motorway service areas and hospital canteens without a chance to have a proper meal or take any exercise, I'm surprised I didn't go up 2kg. I hit my target (which was to be the same weight I was at 25). Back in November that looked like a long shot.

« Reply #5355 on: 05 February, 2015, 11:44:34 am »
I've put on 1 kg this week.I have been comfort eating a bit though,what with the cold weather and all.That apple pie and custard was nice though :P.Hopefully the weather will pick up soon and I will transform myself into a lean mean cycling god.

« Reply #5356 on: 06 February, 2015, 11:00:12 pm »
I really need to rejoin this thread. Injury has done nothing for my fitness or my waist line  :facepalm:
Trouble is, I'm not prepared to risk it all on ice to get the miles in right now ....

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5357 on: 06 February, 2015, 11:39:26 pm »
I need some more company at the lower section of the graphs!

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #5358 on: 07 February, 2015, 09:00:21 am »
It really is amazing how weight just comes from nowhere, one day your trousers fit, next day they are tight, scales seem to back up the theory, despite BEING GOOD :'(

« Reply #5359 on: 07 February, 2015, 09:34:15 am »
I really need to rejoin this thread. Injury has done nothing for my fitness or my waist line  :facepalm:
Trouble is, I'm not prepared to risk it all on ice to get the miles in right now ....
Just be patient the winter will soon be over and its more important to be fit and slim in the Summer.Do some pilates or yoga and do some HIIT workouts on the turbo.Don't comfort eat or drink :hand:

Chris S

« Reply #5360 on: 07 February, 2015, 11:14:48 am »

Damn right, same here!

I'm trying hard not to sweat about it. I'm doing weights, walking a lot, and some occasional rowing - the bike miles will just have to wait.

« Reply #5361 on: 07 February, 2015, 09:49:09 pm »
Another loss. This has been steady through January, even the weekend away in Belgium didn't scupper me, I ate exactly what I wanted while I was there and back to low fat, low carbs when I got back.
Life is good even in a cockle shell.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5362 on: 07 February, 2015, 10:00:27 pm »
Well done lisat!

I reckon a few days' indulgence, followed by a return to dieting only adds a pound of fat or stall the weight loss for a week or two in the long term.

Trick is to indulge ONLY on days you are away.

simonp

« Reply #5363 on: 08 February, 2015, 06:33:36 pm »
354km for me in the last 7 days. Three trips to the gym. An hour playing football. I better see some results or I'll be Very Cross.  ::-)

PS Am knackered.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5364 on: 08 February, 2015, 06:44:51 pm »
Don't weigh yourself too soon!

(Or at least don't let your Feb 11 weight make you too Cross!)

If all this overexertion has an effect on your weight, it will be on your Feb 18th recording.

Chris S

« Reply #5365 on: 11 February, 2015, 10:37:50 am »
Pretty much doubled the weights I'm lifting in the last month, so fat loss is probably disguised. I can confirm my muffin top has reduced  :thumbsup:.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5366 on: 11 February, 2015, 11:32:27 am »
Up 1.1kg on last week.
Hip circumference less.
Blame Mum's salty soup...
Yeah right!

simonp

« Reply #5367 on: 11 February, 2015, 11:46:02 am »
In the noise for me.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5368 on: 11 February, 2015, 01:40:27 pm »
My current weight is within a whisker of my January 1 weight.
Any variation could be classed as 'noise'...
... yet I kid myself I am less fat...

simonp

« Reply #5369 on: 11 February, 2015, 02:25:14 pm »
I could be a bit less fat. 230 miles last week says I should have burned a bit anyway. I ate about 9 eggs yesterday though.  Where is the smelly fart smiley?

« Reply #5370 on: 11 February, 2015, 09:37:38 pm »
0.4kg up again this week.Struggling at the mo. Need a bit more will power and to be less tired. At least I've been out on the bike and it's a long term plan!

« Reply #5371 on: 12 February, 2015, 02:26:41 am »
Is it wrong not to weight yourself on what you know will be the fattest week of the month?   :-X :facepalm:

« Reply #5372 on: 12 February, 2015, 06:43:36 am »
Half a kilo on, however I have changed my weigh in day at SW from Saturday morning to Wednesday evening as I want to get out on some Saturday rides now.  Talking to the woman who runs it she said that there is usually a difference between morning weight and evening weight of .5 - 1kg. I am going to take her at her word.
Life is good even in a cockle shell.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5373 on: 12 February, 2015, 01:04:43 pm »
Is it wrong not to weight yourself on what you know will be the fattest week of the month?   :-X :facepalm:

Is it your fattest or your heaviest?

Either way, variations are probably 'noise' in the grand scheme of things.
If a bowl of salty soup gains me a kilo in weight and I know I am no fatter than the previous week, then the weight at the end of the month/year whatever will be no greater.

The important thing is not to get dispirited by a non-fat gain, think 'Stuff this' and binge eat, converting a trivial water gain into a significant fat gain.

I did not weigh myself much in 2012 and only filled out the weight reports for that year in retrospect quite recently.
It was the year I lost most of my excess weight.

simonp

« Reply #5374 on: 12 February, 2015, 04:16:19 pm »
I seem to have lost the weekend's water weight today - down to about 76.5kg this morning.