Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 1301043 times)

crowriver

• Крис Б
Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #5775 on: 28 October, 2015, 09:03:24 am »
Weight down another 600g to 76.6kg this week (actually happened late last week but I managed to keep it off). Still going for the target of 75kg, which on current progress may be reached early. If so, I shall consider lowering the target weight for year end to 74kg. Got to keep the momentum going.

The new year will hit sooner than we think. Ultimate target will be to get back down to around 72kg and to try and stay there. If I get there, I'll with to 6:1 "weight maintenance" intermittent fasting. Will also try not to "comfort eat" too much.....that (and booze) was largely the cause of my weight gain over the past year.
Embrace your inner Fred.

simonp

« Reply #5776 on: 05 November, 2015, 09:42:47 am »
Laptop death means no graph updates in the immediate.

« Reply #5777 on: 05 November, 2015, 09:50:13 am »
Good.
Had  a dreadful week last week and the 'tradition' of providing cakes for work on your birthday means this week is no better.
Back to back 200s at the weekend should help me get back on track for next week.

Morat

• I tried to HTFU but something went ping :(
« Reply #5778 on: 05 November, 2015, 10:10:19 am »
Back on the Wagon after a gradual rise during the year topped off with 10 days on the boat resulting in a peak of 18st 5lbs on Monday morning.
18st 2 1/4 this morning despite a bit of a blowout last night due to a mate's wife (who is a caterer) showing up with the lunch from a cancelled shoot.....
Cheese is MoratCrack.

Anyway, call it 115.2 Kg. Initital target is 110Kg so I can buy a shiny set of Hunt wheels and final destination should be anything under 17st (108Kg)
Everyone's favourite windbreak

velosam

• '.....you used to be an apple on a stick.'
« Reply #5779 on: 05 November, 2015, 01:10:32 pm »
Well despite having bad weekends I finally got around to being 78kg, its nice being below 80kg. 

However a large part of my discipline is because I fill in the fitness pal thing every day and I think I would really struggle without it.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5780 on: 05 November, 2015, 01:27:01 pm »
I have not weighed myself for ages.
I was too wobbly to try today and it's difficult getting morning weights.
My cankles are HUGE in the evenings.

There's quite a lot of tummy space in my size 12 trousers.

My hip measurements are no greater.

I am no fatter than I have been most of the year.
I am probably no thinner either but I don't know.

velosam

• '.....you used to be an apple on a stick.'
« Reply #5781 on: 05 November, 2015, 01:31:55 pm »
For me the weighing myself is a method of control. I probably do it because I feel it gives me control over at least one part of my life.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5782 on: 05 November, 2015, 01:40:04 pm »
I would weigh myself if I could balance easily on the scales and not disturb David.
I can't, so resort to the tape measure...

simonp

« Reply #5783 on: 10 November, 2015, 11:57:36 pm »
No graphs this week either. Resumption likely next week.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5784 on: 26 November, 2015, 04:56:00 pm »
I stepped on the scales last night, in a big T-shirt and socks. I weighed 62.0kg.
I'm sure I'd be much lighter nude in the morning but can't weigh myself then.

simonp

« Reply #5785 on: 01 December, 2015, 08:15:34 am »
The graphs make their return.

essexian

« Reply #5786 on: 02 December, 2015, 10:19:59 am »
Weighed myself this morning....109.9kg, down from 127.7kg on the 8th Sept. Quite pleased with that but I would like to lose 2kg more by Christmas so I can start the New Year as 16 stone something.  :thumbsup:

I can't actually remember the last time I was less than 110kg....it might have been back in 1988? I think I was about 105kg when I first started to date CBH. I think I must have "let myself go" shortly thereafter.  :facepalm:

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #5787 on: 02 December, 2015, 11:36:13 am »
Congratulations.

I'm the lightest I've been for a good few years, but it looks like you are about to pass me in the next week or two :)
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

simonp

« Reply #5788 on: 12 December, 2015, 03:09:58 am »
Seem to be getting leaner again. Not sure why. Not losing weight. 32" jeans very tight around thighs. Maybe the rowing training.

Would like to get down to sub 75kg again so can be lightweight on concept 2 logbook.  ::-)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5789 on: 12 December, 2015, 12:27:22 pm »

Please Sir,
if crowriver carries on losing weight so successfully as he has done recently (and well done, I am most favourably impressed!) his curve and mine might collide.

We are both on pink circles.

simonp

« Reply #5790 on: 12 December, 2015, 12:49:57 pm »

Please Sir,
if crowriver carries on losing weight so successfully as he has done recently (and well done, I am most favourably impressed!) his curve and mine might collide.

I think the latest version of pngcairo or gnuplot has changed the point styles. If you look closely you'll notice you are circles and crowriver has hexagons. They do look very similar.

I can probably experiment with different points styles.

« Reply #5791 on: 12 December, 2015, 03:52:49 pm »
My midway target has been achieved, the thin bloke rather than fat git salopettes fit for skiing next week  ;D

simonp

« Reply #5792 on: 12 December, 2015, 06:04:46 pm »

Please Sir,

I think the latest version of pngcairo or gnuplot has changed the point styles. If you look closely you'll notice you are circles and crowriver has hexagons. They do look very similar.

Point styles have been revised to avoid using certain types which are too similar.

simonp

« Reply #5793 on: 12 December, 2015, 08:57:17 pm »
Made some further adjustments - I think it's clearer now.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5794 on: 13 December, 2015, 12:24:42 am »
Thanks!

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5795 on: 13 December, 2015, 12:35:06 am »

I hadn't noticed crowriver's were hexagons!

I'm myopic and presbyopic on a small laptop, sorry!

simonp

« Reply #5796 on: 13 December, 2015, 01:05:49 am »
I lied. They were actually pentagons. Now only squares, circles and triangles are used.

« Reply #5797 on: 13 December, 2015, 10:42:44 pm »
I dip in and out of this thread usually, as is the case now, to report progress.
October 28th- 75.5 kg
December 13th- 71.6kg.

Distance cycled in November/December:- 53 miles/7 miles.

What's happened is that I started a new job as a home delivery driver for one of the major supermarkets.
Suddenly I'm doing a lot of lifting, carrying, jumping in and out of cabs and, when I'm working in the store, walking up and down towing pallets of shopping.
It's very hard work for a previously desk/car jockey but I'm amazed and delighted about how I've/my body has adapted:- minor aches and pains but nothing major and, for a wimpy 50+ year old, that's something I'm very grateful for.
It makes my desired weight of 70kg seem within reach even though I'm eating quite a lot ATM. It's healthy stuff when it's under my control.
I have to have "emergency" rations with me when I'm out doing deliveries (bananas are a particular saviour) but I'm struggling to find "ready to eat" high protein/low(ish) fat/low salt stuff from the (literal) shop floor when I'm back at base. I don't want to eat much meat and even the "quick" meat stuff is high in salt (or it's brought in from Thailand  :o) but the, mostly Quorn, veggie, alternatives are very, very salty.
I take hard boiled eggs in when I can plan ahead but I'd like suggestions for fill-in stuff if I decide to work an extra shift. I can get sandwiches from the staff canteen vending machines but I'd rather have something more nutricious.

FWIW, I met up with CathG (notOTP) this morning and one of the first things she said to me was that I seemed leaner. My belly is certainly flatter and the saddle-bags have reduced. Sadly, I don't appear to have developed bulging biceps.

Still, mustn't grumble.

crowriver

• Крис Б
« Reply #5798 on: 14 December, 2015, 11:07:47 pm »

Please Sir,

Shucks, thanks for the kind words.

It's just the old 5:2 intermittent fasting shuffle, plus maybe eating a bit more sensibly on the "full fat" days, plus loads of DIY helping to burn calories...

But aye it gets a tad confusing at times... :-) Still great to see the graph though, I'm not complaining...
Embrace your inner Fred.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #5799 on: 14 December, 2015, 11:27:35 pm »
We got different hollow shapes now.

Even if I'm not losing much weight, I seem to be bumping around the bottom of the graphs, which might have to do.