Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 1300650 times)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #6475 on: 15 February, 2017, 09:04:02 am »
Slow is good.

I was 114 kg this morning. That's less than 18 stones, for the first time for quite a few years. 10kg lost since I gave up dairy and refined sugar in early November. That's forty 25-gram packs of butter. Very grateful to my mentor in this, the lovely Peli. Onwards and downwards!
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #6476 on: 15 February, 2017, 09:47:48 am »
Valentine's day eating kicked things the wrong way, so no loss to report from last week. Need to lose a kilo a week to hit my first  target of the year. It's doable.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #6477 on: 15 February, 2017, 09:53:25 am »
I record my weight daily and track average weight (over two weeks).  The general trend continues 'down', and looking at Wednesdays each is lower than the previous.

That's exactly what I do. My weight today is up slightly on this time last week but like you, the overall trend is still downwards.

The dashed blue line is my daily weigh-in, the solid blue line is the rolling two-week average and the dashed red line is my target weight loss - as long as I stay the right side of that line I'll be happy:

"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6478 on: 15 February, 2017, 12:13:11 pm »
Been Valensdining and CnBA to weigh myself...

« Reply #6479 on: 15 February, 2017, 06:16:58 pm »
100g down on the week. I realise this is in the realms of noise, but seeing the other 'official' weigh-in I'm doing at the moment had me up 400g on Monday I'll take that.
Next weekend also involves staying away overnight with the opportunity for pub dinners and breakfasts but it gets a bit easier after that.
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #6480 on: 20 February, 2017, 05:11:32 pm »
.2kg up on our home scale with my kit off.

I went to the quack for my 10.000 miles check up. Got on the scale warts an all, erm with hiking boots and other clothing. Nurse knocked about 2kg off to make up for it. But that made me still about .5kg above the BMI thingie. So I have to have my blood taken to test for diabetes.

Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

« Reply #6481 on: 22 February, 2017, 11:16:33 pm »
Just about hanging on. Super busy.  Struggling to keep discipline, but are exercising a bit and still able to somewhat moderate intake, so maintaining current weight. Missed first goal by 2kgs, but I knew I would miss it 2 weeks ago (and probably why I lacked a bit of motivation).
Need to revise next goal, but want to get back on track first.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #6482 on: 22 February, 2017, 11:31:41 pm »
Up 2.5kg on the week, having spend 4 nights in B & B, with provided packed lunch and going out for evening meals. We did a little electron-assisted cycling (30-odd miles over the weekend so minimal really). We only arrived back yesterday so I think this morning's weigh-in was affected by "mass in transit" as it were. I hope to get back to the regime properly now and with nothing extravagant by way of foodstuffs over the next few weeks, I would hope to lose 3kg in March. I might even manage some proper cycling. I think my total for the year so far is about 50 miles.

« Reply #6483 on: 23 February, 2017, 08:51:41 am »
71.6 yesterday, 70.5 today. All noise at the moment.

velosam

• '.....you used to be an apple on a stick.'
« Reply #6484 on: 23 February, 2017, 12:49:43 pm »
I am struggling to lose 2kg. Doesn't help with half term etc and too many biscuits

« Reply #6485 on: 23 February, 2017, 12:55:08 pm »
I am struggling to lose 2kg. Doesn't help with half term etc and too many biscuits

Here's a list of foods I won't eat
1. Ice cream (except at the seaside)
2. Biscuits (they have crack in them)
3. Anything delicious looking at a coffee shop
4. Ben and Jerry's chunky monkey (there is so much crack in that, it deserves an extra entry)

I know there are habits I could form in an instant - whole tubs of ice cream, a slab of traybake every time I get a coffee, soft moist cookies any time I have a cup of tea. Rather than start on a slippery slope, they are bannneddedd.

I don't think they are bad, or do any harm. I just know myself. I have no will power. There are aisles at the supermarket I don't walk down.

Boasters. Fucking boasters. I could eat a whole pack in a second.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6486 on: 23 February, 2017, 01:03:54 pm »
I've stopped actively weighing myself for now.
Unlike DrM, I *can* east just one biscuit/mini-muffin/chocolate.

We still haven't finished the Christmas haul...

simonp

« Reply #6487 on: 23 February, 2017, 02:48:00 pm »
I've just had huel, fruit salad and a banana for lunch. There is cake but I'm full already. Huel is very filling.

Wisdom tooth was removed on Tuesday and I'm eating soft foods to avoid disturbing the precious clot.

« Reply #6488 on: 23 February, 2017, 03:57:28 pm »
Hmm, that all-you-can-eat Indian buffet on Monday (why yes, I can eat it all) was possibly a bad idea, especially when preceded by a weekend away involving much eating out, and followed up with zero cycling this week. :facepalm:

« Reply #6489 on: 23 February, 2017, 04:17:37 pm »
I've just had huel, fruit salad and a banana for lunch. There is cake but I'm full already. Huel is very filling.

Wisdom tooth was removed on Tuesday and I'm eating soft foods to avoid disturbing the precious clot.

The huel frozen banana and coffee thing is really nice - did they send you that recipe card?

« Reply #6490 on: 01 March, 2017, 08:43:43 am »
Went to a friend's baby naming party at the weekend. Massive spread of food, and  went overboard on the carbs, I know it's water weight etc. Just annoyed to have been 900g off my first goal.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #6491 on: 01 March, 2017, 09:08:37 am »
Down again from last week's blip. The general trend is still - slowly - in the right direction. Having no plans for any weekends away in March could help in my effort to lose 4kg this month.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6492 on: 01 March, 2017, 02:05:00 pm »
ISQ

(Medical abbreviation 'in status quo' so no progress)

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #6493 on: 01 March, 2017, 04:14:58 pm »
ISQ

(Medical abbreviation 'in status quo' so no progress)

I thought Status Quo recently experienced a 20% weight loss...

Another abbreviation for you: IGMC
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #6494 on: 01 March, 2017, 05:56:15 pm »
4cm off the waist for a three pound weight loss?
I'll take the figures as they are but not build up hope for next month.
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
« Reply #6495 on: 07 March, 2017, 12:06:46 am »
What is the best exercise for weight loss? I can't do anything at a high pace but I'm willing to look at anything.
Walking, limited and slow with walking sticks. Running... interesting concept! Cycling, even that I'm doing very little of recently.
Is it worth joining a Gym'? Please help me with ideas. Main lard is Belly, Moobs and I Have no chin, just a neck that goes all the way to my waist.
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6496 on: 07 March, 2017, 12:20:16 am »
I think being generally active helps. There again, I have lost weight without doing anything more strenuous than washing-up because I can't do anything.

Is there any activity you can comfortably do for 20-30 minutes? If there isn't, I don't think you can lose weight this way. You need to do 20-30 minutes of something every day to make inroads into the calorie balance and even so, this will only earn you around 100kcal.

In general, stand when you might sit and walk if  you need to go anywhere.

Otherwise, I'm afraid it's the 'eat less' advice.

Make sure energy-dense foods are out of sight and out of reach. Keep food in the fridge and cupboards between meals and keep your kitchen clean and tidy.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #6497 on: 07 March, 2017, 11:26:23 am »
Just moving is the best.  Walking where possible, cycling, obvs, but probably swimming is the best, since your weight is supported, and back, knees etc don't suffer so much.

IANAD*

* But I am a concerned friend, hoping you can make some progress.
Getting there...

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
« Reply #6498 on: 08 March, 2017, 12:31:42 am »
Managed 2 days in a row, on the trike, 6 miles daily, did some hobbling around too. Appreciate the concern.
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #6499 on: 08 March, 2017, 03:14:34 pm »
Good stuff, PD.  It all helps!
Getting there...