Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 1300718 times)

Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #1750 on: 11 June, 2011, 10:00:44 pm »
Wiggins is 10cm taller and at 72kgs - so that is something to aim for  ;D

How are you planning to get taller?
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #1751 on: 12 June, 2011, 09:30:39 am »
That is the flaw in my cunning plan  ;D

« Reply #1752 on: 12 June, 2011, 09:22:29 pm »
I counted my commute as estimated on Livestrong and it wasn't stopping me losing weight. In fact I was counting a lot more distance than my commute.

I would experiment with counting them an see what happens. You have found you are getting hungry which IMO shows that now you've lost a fair bit of fat and your body is starting to notice. You don't need to lose weight at the rate you have been so don't try to maintain it.

Thanks Simon. I think that in addition to keeping to a (slightly) limited calorie intake I'm having a major adjustment to my eating habits in general. So I suspect that those evenings when I am really hungry are as much to do with the timings of my meals and what I'm having, as much as the calorie content. But yes, I think I'll start to include commutes unless they are very pootly. Fast-ish commutes on fixed wheel will get counted.

« Reply #1753 on: 13 June, 2011, 03:42:20 pm »
Alcohol related, but it's one of the big factors in my increased weight.

For the first time in a long time (6 months+) my last 7 days booze intake is below the 28 units a week recommended "maximum".

Tue: 4.2 units
Wed: 5.1 units
Thu: 1.7 units
Fri: 1.7 units
Sat: 0 units
Sun: 0 units
Mon: 0 units

That's also, I think, the first time since LEL (July 2009) that I've had three days in a row with no booze.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1754 on: 13 June, 2011, 05:18:29 pm »
My weight has dipped to below 90kg for the first time since before last Xmas :)

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #1755 on: 13 June, 2011, 05:34:11 pm »
Skinny bugger!

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1756 on: 13 June, 2011, 05:57:53 pm »
Nowhere near that staus yet but I'm working on it.I doubt however that I'll ever get near to the 65kg I was at the time I stopped smoking.
The blokes I used to scuba-dive with refer to me as the "fuller-flavour version" ;D

« Reply #1757 on: 13 June, 2011, 07:20:29 pm »
Early weigh-in for me this week as I won't be near trustworthy scales on Wednesday: 80.15 kg  :) which, if I take last week as some sort of blip, fits ok with the overall trend. That was just after a couple of glasses of water too. It's also fits with the fact that I found myself looking for a non-existent new hole in my belt this morning. That over 10% of my starting weight gone - or 13% of my current weight.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1758 on: 15 June, 2011, 02:10:53 pm »
My weight has dipped to below 90kg for the first time since before last Xmas :)

However,in an Assos XL jacket I still do a good impression of a Zeppelin inna condom :(

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #1759 on: 15 June, 2011, 05:16:57 pm »
first time this year the weight dropped below 66kg (target 65). feels good!

simonp

« Reply #1760 on: 15 June, 2011, 07:29:06 pm »
My target is 68kg.  Last two weeks I’ve been at that weight on wednesday.  I actually went as low as 66.7 at the weekend.

« Reply #1761 on: 15 June, 2011, 08:33:46 pm »
My target is 68kg.  Last two weeks I’ve been at that weight on wednesday.  I actually went as low as 66.7 at the weekend.

Did you get lots of exercise at the weekend?

simonp

« Reply #1762 on: 15 June, 2011, 09:15:12 pm »

Did you get lots of exercise at the weekend?

O:-)

« Reply #1763 on: 16 June, 2011, 09:59:15 am »
Up 3kg! Jeeze, I must have eaten like a bastard on that 600km. Boab - your cake is dangerous!

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1764 on: 16 June, 2011, 12:28:56 pm »
Up 3kg! Jeeze, I must have eaten like a bastard on that 600km. Boab - your cake is dangerous!

I've explained before why and how this happens; you'll probably lose 2kg over the next fortnight with little/no effort. Fret not!

« Reply #1765 on: 16 June, 2011, 01:53:32 pm »
you'll probably lose 2kg over the next fortnight with little/no effort. Fret not!

Oh - I do want to believe you Helly, believe me I do. However 2 days of inattention/losing it and pigging out and I can put on 1.5 to 2kg. This will take me 2 months to shift. Its easy when I'm way above my target weight, but the closer I get, the longer it seems to take.

« Reply #1766 on: 16 June, 2011, 02:17:51 pm »

2 things:

Never Trust A Thin Cook
&
I can make those anytime. I'm out of work, so I do....

(Am back on the cake-free wagon. 10kg in 67 days? No problem :facepalm:)

« Reply #1767 on: 16 June, 2011, 02:23:32 pm »
I've explained before why and how this happens; you'll probably lose 2kg over the next fortnight with little/no effort. Fret not!

Ooh, link please.

@boab - If I could cook cakes like yours, I'd put on 10kg in 67 days. Fortunately, my culinary expertise is limited to making omlettes and heating things up in the oven. Oh, and pouring soya milk on oats.

Right now, my mouth is actually watering as I visualise the box of cakes on top of Chris' car at Swaffham. Thanks again.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1768 on: 16 June, 2011, 02:26:55 pm »
you'll probably lose 2kg over the next fortnight with little/no effort. Fret not!

Oh - I do want to believe you Helly, believe me I do. However 2 days of inattention/losing it and pigging out and I can put on 1.5 to 2kg. This will take me 2 months to shift. Its easy when I'm way above my target weight, but the closer I get, the longer it seems to take.

Yebbut Dr Mekon is pin thin and has just done a 600 and eaten CAEK. CAEK is good for restocking glycogen, which holds about 1.5 kg water and muscles swell after long/hard rides and take on even more water. This water will escape soon.

3kg body fat is around 25,000 kcal. It takes a while to eat that (10 days' normal manfood) and a very long while  to build up a true caloric deficit of that size.

« Reply #1769 on: 16 June, 2011, 02:48:27 pm »

Yebbut Dr Mekon is pin thin and has just done a 600 and eaten CAEK. CAEK is good for restocking glycogen, which holds about 1.5 kg water and muscles swell after long/hard rides and take on even more water. This water will escape soon.

3kg body fat is around 25,000 kcal. It takes a while to eat that (10 days' normal manfood) and a very long while  to build up a true caloric deficit of that size.

I guess this explains why I'm still a kg up after the weekend. I did eat sit down meals in nice cafes all over the counties of Norfolk and Suffolk though! The Wells fresh crab was awesome  ;D

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1770 on: 16 June, 2011, 02:55:27 pm »
I don't think there are many calories in crab meat so don't beat yourself up! Just enjoy Audax eating - the 8am Solero after cycling all night, anything & everything from Tracy and El Supremo, fresh crabs at Wells. Life is for living!

« Reply #1771 on: 16 June, 2011, 03:17:32 pm »
My weight seems to have hit a plateau, but I am doing my first 200km ride for two years next week and I am hoping that it will help me get under the magic 90kg mark.

simonp

« Reply #1772 on: 16 June, 2011, 04:04:49 pm »
DrMekon - you're up to almost as fat as me you bloater!

« Reply #1773 on: 16 June, 2011, 11:55:51 pm »
I'm big boned! It's water retention! Aunt Flo is visiting!  :'(

;D

« Reply #1774 on: 22 June, 2011, 08:31:50 pm »
81.1 kg. Suspect that is as light as my body wants to be.