Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 865270 times)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #1100 on: 21 October, 2014, 12:53:13 am »
Liz Jones certainly has plenty of previous in Premier-League twattery.  Was she the one who racked up a bazillion quid of debt and then wrote numerous newspaper columns on how it Wasn't Her Fault?  Or am I thinking of some other twat?
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #1101 on: 21 October, 2014, 01:41:33 am »
I believe she also expounded upon the travails of the poor, put-upon middle classes who could scarcely be expected to cope with a mere four houses to choose from, the difficulties in dealing with domestic help, and the tragedies involved in romancing, marrying, quarrelling with and divorcing a significantly younger man.

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #1102 on: 21 October, 2014, 09:44:05 am »
Liz Jones certainly has plenty of previous in Premier-League twattery.  Was she the one who racked up a bazillion quid of debt and then wrote numerous newspaper columns on how it Wasn't Her Fault?  Or am I thinking of some other twat?
The banking industry as a whole, perhaps?

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #1103 on: 26 October, 2014, 08:41:15 pm »
Michael Fallon

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29776970

One of his colleagues once described him to me as "a thoroughly unpleasant sh*t", which is saying something for a Tory MP.
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

« Reply #1104 on: 26 October, 2014, 08:48:42 pm »
Back when Fallon was MP for Darlo, my dad told him to fuck off and made him run away.

« Reply #1105 on: 27 October, 2014, 09:58:49 am »
Back when Fallon was MP for Darlo, my dad told him to fuck off and made him run away.
Shouldn't this be in the tenuous claims to fame thread? It's worth boasting about.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #1106 on: 27 October, 2014, 10:48:23 pm »
I'm pretty sure I already have - but the search function doesn't look as though it works on that board, and I'm not reading the whole thing again!

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #1107 on: 28 October, 2014, 02:15:53 am »
For repeated and dedicated services to arch-twattery I nominate Google searching as implemented in this 'ere forum ;)

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #1108 on: 28 October, 2014, 09:22:52 am »
For repeated and dedicated services to arch-twattery I nominate Google
FTFY.

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #1109 on: 28 October, 2014, 11:14:21 am »
FruitCo MegaCorp of Cupertino, Leftpondia - http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/10/27/icloud_data_grab_irks_privacy_conscious/ refers.

Out-snooping even the Chocolate Factory - that's pretty impressive going.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1110 on: 28 October, 2014, 12:36:08 pm »
Michael Fallon

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29776970

One of his colleagues once described him to me as "a thoroughly unpleasant sh*t", which is saying something for a Tory MP.

And now David Blunkett.
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/oct/28/david-blunkett-praises-michael-fallon-swamped-migrants
Getting there...

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #1111 on: 28 October, 2014, 12:46:13 pm »
Yes, well immigration is one of those topics we dare not talk about for fear of being labelled fascist. However, it's very real issue for many people and it will be talked about, however much you condemn the messengers.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1112 on: 28 October, 2014, 12:47:44 pm »
Yes, an important issue.  Got to keep these Jews down.
Getting there...

TimC

« Reply #1113 on: 28 October, 2014, 12:58:07 pm »
I don't know what you mean by that, but I'm sure it's not complimentary! However, it's a fact that ever since Enoch Powell's overblown and distasteful speech it's been extremely difficult to discuss immigration in a grown-up and dispassionate way, to the extent that successive governments have either ignored the issue or exacerbated it by removing oversight rather than engaging in constructive debate. The result has been that anyone who questions immigration is, more or less instantly, labelled at the very least a reactionary and often considerably worse. Yet it is a fact that net immigration to this country is proceeding at a rate that is uncomfortable for many and they wish to see some control exercised over it. Surely the debate can be had without accusing everyone who engages in it of occupying the extreme right or left of the stage?

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
« Reply #1114 on: 28 October, 2014, 04:09:15 pm »
Indeed. An example:
Why are the people sleeping rough in Calais not claiming their refuge in France?
(A question with multiple and complicated answers)

Answer, as immediately given above, FASCIST!

People will discuss it. It is an important and emotive subject. Immediately making an obvious accusation of racism is not helpful. I have said many times that as long as the immediate reply to any comment about immigration is to label the questioner a fascist, people will find themselves drifting to extremes. UKIP is one good example.
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i

TimC

« Reply #1115 on: 28 October, 2014, 04:18:37 pm »
Don't get me wrong, Steph, I'm not promoting (or looking for) any easy answers - migration within the EU is not particularly significant, works in several directions at once, and is subject to fashion and the variability of local economies (as it is equally within, say, the US). Blocking any one of them will have knock-on effects that aren't desirable. Asylum is a different issue, but - as you imply - the answer isn't any unilateral action on the part of the UK. But there is a perception that the UK has borne more than its fair share of immigration, and a suspicion that the reason is a Welfare State that is more generous than elsewhere. Both the assessment of the problem - if there actually is one - and the search for a solution rely on the ability to openly discuss the issues and the acceptance that there are different points of view. Pejoratively labelling anyone simply for raising the question is akin to censorship.

« Reply #1116 on: 28 October, 2014, 04:27:17 pm »
But there is a perception that the UK has borne more than its fair share of immigration,
It took me about 15s to find the figures that show that that perception is absolute bollocks.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

TimC

« Reply #1117 on: 28 October, 2014, 04:29:40 pm »
But there is a perception that the UK has borne more than its fair share of immigration,
It took me about 15s to find the figures that show that that perception is absolute bollocks.
Really? Do share....?

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #1118 on: 28 October, 2014, 05:03:06 pm »
And now David Blunkett.
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/oct/28/david-blunkett-praises-michael-fallon-swamped-migrants

May his guide dog bite him on the arse.

If the "economic migrants "in for e.g. Wisbech were Scousers1 instead of Bulgarians, would the likes of Fallon, Blunkett and Farrago be making a fuss?

Edit
1 - yes, I know it's unlikely...

« Reply #1119 on: 28 October, 2014, 08:52:24 pm »
Natacha Bouchart.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1120 on: 28 October, 2014, 09:29:39 pm »
FFS!
Getting there...

« Reply #1121 on: 28 October, 2014, 09:52:11 pm »
FruitCo MegaCorp of Cupertino, Leftpondia - http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/10/27/icloud_data_grab_irks_privacy_conscious/ refers.

Julian Assange* has a new book out about that lot http://www.newsweek.com/assange-google-not-what-it-seems-279447?piano_d=1

*probably has an mention in the Super Twat thread of his own....
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #1122 on: 29 October, 2014, 10:44:25 am »

Julian Assange* has a new book out about that lot http://www.newsweek.com/assange-google-not-what-it-seems-279447?piano_d=1

*probably has an mention in the Super Twat thread of his own....
I dunno about Asshatange, but Eric Schmidt has certainly elevated twattery to epic levels over the years - I'd very much like to see a circle of Hell set aside for him, Page and Brin.

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #1123 on: 29 October, 2014, 01:32:07 pm »
Natacha Bouchart.

I thought she did rather well and some of our MPS were gratuitously rude to her, given that her national government's failure to deal with illegal immigrants is not her responsibility. 

Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

TimC

« Reply #1124 on: 29 October, 2014, 02:42:31 pm »
Natacha Bouchart.

I thought she did rather well and some of our MPS were gratuitously rude to her, given that her national government's failure to deal with illegal immigrants is not her responsibility. 

I agree. And I think she made a very good point that £36 a week quite probably seems like a fortune to people who have no idea how much it costs to live here, and simply relate it to the cost of living in their own country. However, I presume the French (and other EU countries) have some kind of similar payout? I just don't get why so many people would risk everything to get here!