Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 865291 times)

Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #1125 on: 29 October, 2014, 07:34:39 pm »
I just don't get why so many people would risk everything to get here!
I've always assumed it's the language. Most people learn English as a second language and if you're desperate enough to want to risk everything, you might as well try to end up somewhere where you'll be able to communicate.
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
« Reply #1126 on: 29 October, 2014, 08:58:26 pm »
One explanation I heard from someone who already had 'status' in Germany was "Because I'll get more money"
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i

Paul

• L'enfer, c'est les autos.
« Reply #1127 on: 29 October, 2014, 09:37:44 pm »
I just don't get why so many people would risk everything to get here!

I think you would have to be them, there, to 'get' it.

I'm glad I'm not.
What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1128 on: 30 October, 2014, 12:09:18 am »
Andrew Lawrence, alleged comedian.
Getting there...

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #1129 on: 30 October, 2014, 01:18:49 am »
Definitely with Frankie Boyle on this one.  Also I've never heard of Andrew Lawrence, probably because he's not funny enough to be on TV.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

ian

« Reply #1130 on: 30 October, 2014, 09:58:18 am »
Apparently there are ivory towers in west London. Populated undoubtedly by the metropolitan elite. Now I know the location I'm thinking of an anthropological expedition to find the lost tribe of the metropolitan elite in their native ivory towers.

I can't remember who, but he was a twat, some batshit crazy tory dipshit rambling on about out-of-touch Westminster elite with a reference to the Praetorian guard. Getting down with the language of the street, innit.

red marley

« Reply #1131 on: 30 October, 2014, 05:54:13 pm »
I don't know why you lot are accusing Andrew Lawrence of not being a Comedian. I thought his Facebook response was hilarious:

Quote from: Andrew 'if you're in a hole, keep digging furiously' Lawrence
Here are a few clarifications of what I meant in my October 25th post- 'Can't help but notice increasingly...'.
-A post which has attracted a level of attention I neither wanted, nor courted.
Firstly, here is what I intended by the term 'ethnic comedian':
A comedian from a minority background who uses their own ethnicity as a foundation for the whole of their act, rather than looking at wider aspects of society and exploring outside of their own personal experience.
Now, here is what I intended by the term
'Women-posing-as-comics':
Director of BBC television Danny Cohen's aggressive diversity politics are well documented.
Quotas have been introduced, whereby every panel show must book a certain number of female and ethnic comedians, regardless of ability or merit.
Objectively then, there are comedians on panel shows who are there first and foremost because of their gender or ethnicity.
Some of these comedians are very good.
Because there is currently not a sufficiently large enough pool of female comedians with the requisite experience and ability to fill the quota, there are females who've been booked for these shows who are either poor comedians, not comedians at all, or aspiring female comedians that are still learning their craft, but have not yet reached a decent professional standard.
These females I have described as 'women-posing-as-comedians'.
The upshot of all that is that there are still many women coming across incredibly badly on panel shows, which is helping to perpetuate the myth that women aren't funny.
The hope is that women currently on panel shows, will further legitimise stand-up comedy as a career for women and encourage other women to take up comedy. Which is an admirable aim.
Unfortunately for every female who gets on a panel show, there are very many male comedians with more ability and experience who are not and will never get the opportunity to be on one. I think that's a great shame for TV audiences.
There are also male comedians who've been doing these shows for far too many years and have become incredibly stale, too lazy to move on to other things.Some of them are fat and balding.
Oh, and I don't have a problem with properly regulated immigration and I don't have a problem with immigrants.
I do have a great deal of concern about the lack of border controls in this country and subsequent gross overpopulation as a result of EU legislation, which I believe adversely affects all our quality of life.

Something needs to be done about that BBC quota that requires every panel show to have a 'certain number* of comedians' who 'use their own ethnicity as a foundation for the whole of their act, rather than looking at wider aspects of society and exploring outside of their own personal experience'. Although thinking about it, that does explain Jeremy Clarkson.

And I love his 'for every female who gets on a panel show, there are very many male comedians with more ability and experience who are not and will never get the opportunity to be on one'. How he managed to resit not following that with 'Me! Me!' I don't know.

* Andrew, I think you'll find that number is '0'.

« Reply #1132 on: 31 October, 2014, 09:30:08 am »
Simon Mayo Super-Twat.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1133 on: 31 October, 2014, 09:41:43 am »
David Coburn.  He's UKIP, so it goes without saying that he's a Supertwat, but he's gone the extra mile.
Getting there...

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1134 on: 31 October, 2014, 09:44:15 am »
Simon Mayo Super-Twat.
What's he done now?  ::)
Getting there...

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #1135 on: 31 October, 2014, 09:57:00 am »
Simon Mayo Super-Twat.
What's he done now?  ::)
He exists. Surely that's bad enough?

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1136 on: 31 October, 2014, 10:05:17 am »
Yup.
Getting there...

RJ

• Droll rat
« Reply #1137 on: 05 November, 2014, 09:34:42 am »
"Sir" Andrew Green  :sick:

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #1138 on: 05 November, 2014, 12:44:35 pm »
I have just edited his Wikinaccurate page so it now reads "Sir Andrew Green, KCMG (born 6 August 1941) is a British former diplomat, the founding chairman of the organization MigrationWatch UK and a massive fucking twat."

Lie ^^^^. Though I did change "former British diplomat" to "British former diplomat".  The word "unfortunately" may have appeared in the edit summary.

Steph

« Reply #1139 on: 06 November, 2014, 02:41:58 pm »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-29931463#

The land owner has not condemned the actions nor said if he knew. Make that two super-twats, and in addition I rather suspect that neither a grand in costs (probably paid by his employer) nor a suspended sentence is going to deter him from similar future offences.

I am also NOT holding my breath waiting for him to lose his job permanently. About time E and W followed the Scottish lead on this one.

RJ

• Droll rat
« Reply #1140 on: 07 November, 2014, 11:12:33 pm »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-29931463#

The land owner has not condemned the actions nor said if he knew. Make that two super-twats, and in addition I rather suspect that neither a grand in costs (probably paid by his employer) nor a suspended sentence is going to deter him from similar future offences.

I am also NOT holding my breath waiting for him to lose his job permanently. About time E and W followed the Scottish lead on this one.

The pudding's not yet proven:
https://raptorpersecutionscotland.wordpress.com/2014/11/04/first-vicarious-liability-prosecution-part-3/

... though prosecution is at least an option.  And Scottish Ministers are at least talking the talk.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #1141 on: 08 November, 2014, 12:53:20 pm »
"Dapper" "Laughs."
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #1142 on: 08 November, 2014, 01:02:29 pm »
"Dapper" "Laughs."

Think he goes well beyond super twat!

Hyper twat thread anyone? ;D

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1143 on: 08 November, 2014, 08:50:21 pm »
Yep.  I was only vaguely aware of this 'phenomenon' until this week, when I was appalled by more information.
Getting there...

« Reply #1144 on: 09 November, 2014, 10:18:56 am »
"Dapper" "Laughs."

Has Wowbagger moment.  Googles.  Goes off to wash hands.... :sick:
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Steph

« Reply #1145 on: 09 November, 2014, 01:21:42 pm »
"Dapper" "Laughs."

Has Wowbagger moment.  Googles.  Goes off to wash hands.... :sick:
Er... I had just assumed EG was referring to Dappy, who is indeed a supertwat in his own right, so didn't check. Just have. Ugh.

Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1148 on: 11 November, 2014, 09:03:22 am »
Although why the hell ITV commissioned him in the first place is a disgrace.
Getting there...

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #1149 on: 11 November, 2014, 09:32:08 am »
"Dapper" "Laughs."

It's only taken me three days to work out what this is about.

I need to stay in more ???