Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 865276 times)

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #1150 on: 11 November, 2014, 10:00:59 am »
Has Wowbagger moment.

I have the slight opposite problem. I thought people had moved on from being interested in this idiot two years ago. Didn't realise he'd been given his own TV series until this story came up. What a twat.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1151 on: 11 November, 2014, 04:11:30 pm »
Sorry, but Katie Hopkins, yet again *sigh* :(
Getting there...

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #1152 on: 11 November, 2014, 05:36:05 pm »
First Bus get a collective supreme twattery award for this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-30010126

and Unilever run them a close second: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30004158

« Reply #1153 on: 12 November, 2014, 01:25:41 am »
First Bus get a collective supreme twattery award for this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-30010126

While I don't disagree, I reckon we'd also be offering them as a sacrifice on the twattery altar if the driver had turfed a passenger with a child in a pushchair off the bus ...

and Unilever run them a close second: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30004158

Hmmm. From that story, I'd be more inclined to nominate Hampton Creek: making an egg-free faux-mayo is all very well; marketing it as Just Mayo and putting a picture of an egg on the packaging less so.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1154 on: 12 November, 2014, 04:30:51 pm »
Redfoo.

If you don't know who this dick-clown is, don't bother Googling.  He's seen what sexism did for Robyn Thicke's profile, and decided to be in on the action.
Getting there...

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #1155 on: 16 November, 2014, 09:01:55 pm »
Whoever came up with that Sainsbury's Christmas ad.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

rr

« Reply #1156 on: 19 November, 2014, 11:37:21 pm »
David Cameron yet again pension stealing twat

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #1157 on: 20 November, 2014, 12:08:23 am »
Whoever came up with that Sainsbury's Christmas ad.

FTFY
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #1158 on: 20 November, 2014, 06:39:06 am »
Whatever else he might have done, I see nothing in that article (or elsewhere) to justify calling him 'pension stealing'. Have I missed something? What are you referring to?

« Reply #1159 on: 20 November, 2014, 09:49:39 am »
Whatever else he might have done, I see nothing in that article (or elsewhere) to justify calling him 'pension stealing'. Have I missed something? What are you referring to?
Nothing in the article. He just nicked the extra amount people would get if they'd contracted in. Hits in 2016 with the flat rate pension.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
« Reply #1160 on: 20 November, 2014, 06:53:14 pm »
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i

Juan Martín

• Consigo mi abrigo
« Reply #1161 on: 20 November, 2014, 08:41:25 pm »
Spotted on the TV: Jay Rayner. Jay. Rayner. Evening ruined.

rr

« Reply #1162 on: 20 November, 2014, 09:06:46 pm »

About £250k out of mine.
But we're all in this together

« Reply #1163 on: 20 November, 2014, 09:10:49 pm »
Don't worry chaps.   He gave it to the needy higher rate taxpayers in the guise of a 5% tax cut.    Somebody has to get rich during a recession.

« Reply #1164 on: 20 November, 2014, 10:37:53 pm »
I am increasingly frustrated by seeing banks fined etc for maladministration, but not bankers. What price accountability? We are, and will be, paying for this lots f'ups in 50 years time.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

ian

« Reply #1165 on: 21 November, 2014, 10:01:13 am »
I am increasingly frustrated by seeing banks fined etc for maladministration, but not bankers. What price accountability? We are, and will be, paying for this lots f'ups in 50 years time.

It always puzzles me too, it's not the bank that pays the fines, it's the customers. So the bank screws its customers and then passes on the fine for being caught doing so. That'll learn them.

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #1166 on: 21 November, 2014, 11:44:43 am »
Technically, it's the shareholders that pay the fine although, of course, like any business the bank can then recoup its costs through higher charges to its customers, but those customers are free to move their business.

On the bankers themselves, IANAL, but as I understand it, there is no law against incompetence or deliberately making a complete hash of everything in a privately-owned company.  (I think there may be something on maladministration in a public office.)  Where these has been genuine fraud, there may be a chance of prosecution, but I don't think you can (or should be able) to throw someone in jail simply for being spectacularly bad at their job.  However, in most significant financial roles, the regulator can determine that you are not fit and proper, which makes you pretty much unemployable, except by Wonga.
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

TimC

« Reply #1167 on: 21 November, 2014, 01:41:55 pm »

About £250k out of mine.
But we're all in this together

There's a backstory here I'm not privy to, I think. I get what MrC is talking about, though I have to say that I think the flat rate pension was inevitable whoever was in government (and is the quid pro quo for sticking with unfunded pensions when we could have sorted that out many, many years ago). Was your contracted-in 2ndSP worth £250k? Following advice that was pretty common in the '80s, I contracted out way back then and rolled it all up once pension providers no longer had to account it separately a year or two ago. It wasn't worth anything like that much, and (in my case) it wouldn't have been had I remained contracted in for all that time. If you got stung for that much, ouch - I can see where you're coming from!

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #1168 on: 23 November, 2014, 04:17:57 pm »
No, Eddie Jordan, there at at least three sports in Italy.  Ever heard of the Giro d'Italia?

Twat.

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #1169 on: 24 November, 2014, 03:37:33 pm »
Theresa "The time is right for more terror powers" May.

No. It. Fucking. ISN'T

We do not need yet more knee-jerk legislation rubber-stamped through Parliament under the guise of protecting us from Terry Wrist and his mates - they won the battle years ago. The biggest threat the the UK's national security is it's own sodding government - emigration is starting to look like a seriously tempting proposition.

Irrespective of whichever circle of Hell Osama bin-Liner is currently occupying, he's probably laughing his arse off and "1984" was a work of fiction, not a fucking policy manual.

« Reply #1170 on: 24 November, 2014, 03:45:46 pm »
emigration is starting to look like a seriously tempting proposition.

But where would you go that isn't worse?  New Zealand seems a bit better but I have serious moral quibbles about living in an occupied country.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #1171 on: 24 November, 2014, 03:54:17 pm »

But where would you go that isn't worse?  New Zealand seems a bit better but I have serious moral quibbles about living in an occupied country.
Russia would be a good bet, if only because Vlad the Mad doesn't hide the fact that he's a totalitarian basket-case.

But seriously ...

Given the number of jobs in Das Vaterland I've had punted in my direction recently, it's very tempting to pursue those opportunities further although anything long-term would require a bit of work on my language skills.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #1172 on: 24 November, 2014, 08:11:09 pm »
That's why I'm here - safe in the Fatherland. Where people seem to have just a bit more idea about their history, how it happened and how in the future to avoid it. Although there are still some dodgy people.

The economy here is maybe not as good as people think though.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

TimC

« Reply #1173 on: 24 November, 2014, 08:42:35 pm »

You live in an occupied country now. At what point does the occupation become old enough to not be your moral responsibility?

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #1174 on: 24 November, 2014, 08:59:20 pm »
When the occupiers have a different skin colour to the occupiers who occupied the place first?  This is why UKIP aren't racist.

Except when they're being racist, obv.