Author Topic: Just been able to input into our upcoming new LTP  (Read 870 times)

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
Just been able to input into our upcoming new LTP
« on: 22 October, 2014, 05:28:20 pm »
So I stuck in quite a bit about cycling.

Hopefully that will help to counteract the ardent motorists there. We'll see when the public consultation starts next spring.
It is simpler than it looks.

Pancho

• لَا أَعْبُدُ مَا تَعْبُدُونَ
Re: Just been able to input into our upcoming new LTP
« Reply #1 on: 22 October, 2014, 05:42:35 pm »
Good man.

It's no good for us to moan about the state of the streets if we don't take up the invitation to help shape them and how they're used.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #2 on: 22 October, 2014, 08:04:06 pm »
Local Traffic Plan? Transport Project? I'm presuming something like that. Which reminds me, I meant to comment on our revised RPZ (that's Residents' Parking Zone) - I'll see whether anyone else says, 'More yellow lines please!'  ::-)
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #3 on: 22 October, 2014, 11:52:23 pm »
Local Transport Plan.

Deciding through consultation (on a framework built on input like ours today) with the public.

Hence important to get a balance in there, not just the car users getting their say. Apart from cycling I shoved in cards with bits about buses, trains and traffic management.

We often hear on here about how crap local government is.
Mostly that is because it needs more than whining about it to get it to change. Although whining seems to get brownie points  ::-)
It is simpler than it looks.

Si

« Reply #4 on: 24 October, 2014, 05:02:54 pm »
I noticed something interesting about ours.  They get you signed up as "stake holders" and then email out all the consultations for you to comment on.  What isn't immediately apparent is the bit at the bottom where is says something along the lines of "we will take a failure to respond to this consultation as positive backing"....sneaky.