Author Topic: Best bent for Audax , Commute and SPEED.  (Read 18592 times)

recumbentim

• Only 6 SR,s No hyper yet
Re: Best bent for Audax , Commute and SPEED.
« Reply #50 on: 12 February, 2012, 08:02:55 am »
Yesterday I went to Laid Back Bikes in Edinburgh to test the Rapto bike Mid Racer . Thanks go to David who has set the bike up really well with a set of hand built disc 700c wheels. This model had no front changer but with a double chainset on it. I just used the 39 tooth chainring and a 9 speed cassette.
 Once I had figured how to get under the tiller and done a few minor ajustments I got the bike moving in the Edinburgh traffic. This bike is fast and feels very strong , the front drive seems very resposive and direct , good acceleration and climbing.
 I pottered about for an hour with lots of stops due to traffic and really did not do the bike justice with only a few fast bits out in the open.
 My main objective was to see if the mid racer felt lower and faster than the Baccetta Giro,s I have had for 3 years. It is bit lower but speed and aerodynamics felt similar to what I am use to.

So a short run with a short review.--- This is a fast bike but "better the devil you know" for me for the moment.