Author Topic: Recumbent riders;show us your lights  (Read 19449 times)

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
Re: Recumbent riders;show us your lights
« Reply #50 on: 15 December, 2010, 07:13:13 am »
My Cyo has been fine running without a taillight.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #51 on: 26 July, 2013, 02:20:01 pm »
Having linked to this thread, I'll add barakta's setup:

ICE Sprint with a 60lux Cyo mounted upwards on the lower bottle cage braze on (the upper one being occupied by a cadence sensor).  Thorn accessory bar (with the clamp spread wid and cut to width) on the dérailleur post providing a sturdy place for computer, GPS and a battery light (cheapo Smart shown), as well as the BS front reflector.

I don't seem to have a good picture of the rear setup, but it's a pair of Spanninga Pixeo dynamo lights on the front mudguards combined with one of those late lamented Infini Apollo battery lights (with enormous reflector) on the rear rack bracket (used in flashing mode, so as not to be mistaken for a distant car in darkness).  Don't be fooled by how feeble they look when surrounded by snow and ice - I'm quite pleased with this arrangement in terms of cost, reliability and striking an excellent balance in terms of good visibility without actual obnoxiousness (I spend a lot of time cycling behind barakta).

« Reply #52 on: 26 July, 2013, 02:32:28 pm »
Yeees, Barbara has a Cateye AU1100 (as have I) and when both lots of leds are going it's ***kin bright, must get a cycling cap just for the peak, my Tilley hat just does not go with the trike  ;D
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.