Author Topic: Looking for a quiet rural Suffolk ride next weekend? What could be nicer?  (Read 958 times)

Cycle Club Sudbury have audax rides on Saturday 21 July from Bildeston, Suffolk, between Hadleigh and Stowmarket.

Three distances are available; you'll see little traffic on your travels on any of the routes. Great cafe stops.

209k Suffolk Lanes Extravaganza, takes a route using lanes and short stretches of quiet main roads through attractive villages and towns across Suffolk to the coast at Orford and back, via Walsham le Willows, Eye, Halesworth, Saxmundham and Snape to Orford, returning via Wickham Market, Framlingham, Debenham and Needham Market. Three castles are passed en route, at Eye on the way, at Orford after a visit to scenic Orford Quay, and at Framlingham on the return.

168k 100 Miles of Suffolk Lanes, again to the coast at Orford and back, and again using as many quiet lanes as possible. Only two castles on this route, at Framlingham and Orford, via Thornham, Framlingham and Snape to Orford, returning via Wickham Market, Debenham and Needham Market.

The 104k Bildeston Lanes audax doesn't venture as far as the other routes, but follows many of the organiser's favourite quiet lanes within a 15 mile radius of Bildeston. This route is almost all lanes, through particularly attractive countryside.

The rides all start from the Sportsfield Pavilion at Bildeston, just over an hour from the M25, with easy parking, and refreshments available at start and finish. All routes pass a good selection of cafes.

Entries preferably via the internet, but postal entries also welcomed.

I might ECE on over for one (don’t think I’ve done a Suffolk start one).
Bikes are for riding, not cleaning!

Sorry to be missing these. I did an event from Bildeston several years ago, and enjoyed it. However, this time I am told that I am On Duty, so I can't make it. Hope it goes well.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
This has potential..... I might be 'in' :thumbsup:
Regards,

Joergen