Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 2453749 times)

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #22875 on: 10 January, 2020, 04:13:49 pm »
Still waiting.  Large tumour between liver & spleen is certain, malignity isn't. Last call from vet they were just going to operate to see.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #22876 on: 10 January, 2020, 07:18:12 pm »
Trying to discern a change in the moon’s brightness as the eclipse occurs.

For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

ian

« Reply #22877 on: 10 January, 2020, 07:52:32 pm »
Getting sicker and doing the achy-breaky shivers. Every cough comes from somewhere deep inside and seems to consist of a full-size earthmover pushing a pile of sharp gravel up my trachea. It must be, sigh, the weekend.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #22878 on: 10 January, 2020, 07:54:02 pm »

I just had a look. If it has happened, we missed it.

In other stuff, I am "cooking" dinner. In truth, it was cooked quite a long time ago and then frozen. What I thought was two tubs of lovely beef stew from last week turned out to be something else: certainly beef stew but of unknown vintage, and with hardly any solids in it. However, there was a clearly identifiable piece of courgette, which I definitely didn't put in last week. I have added 3 tins of different type of bean and a load of pearl barley and lentils. Also dumplings.

I don't know what happened to the rest of last week's. Dez put it in a freezer. I just don't know which one. And he clearly didn't label it.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

ian

« Reply #22879 on: 13 January, 2020, 11:10:17 am »
Still sick. I think everything has hurt now, even my hair. Is that even a thing? It seems entirely unreasonable. Coughed so vigorously that my abdomen feels like I've been worked over by the angry elephant boxing team. The spells of febrile swearing and shivering chills eventually lost definition and merged into the shivering sweats were I was simultaneously too hot and too cold and shaking off sweat like a wet dog.

This morning my body is teasing me with hints of nausea. Good luck with that, I've had precisely one small spoon of soup since Friday.

Feel minorly better this morning, pretending to do some work mostly because I can't bear to spend another day lying down. Currently reviewing that option.

« Reply #22880 on: 13 January, 2020, 01:14:47 pm »
That sounds nastier than what I've got.  I'm still feeling knackered & hawking up blobs of green slime from the stygian depths, and my ribs hurt whenever I cough, but my appetite has mostly been OK.    It's the night time coughing when it feels like my throat is closing up that is the worst.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

ian

« Reply #22881 on: 13 January, 2020, 05:21:10 pm »
It's the nocturnal snot tennis game that I 'like' to play. Lie on one side, feel it slowly ooze to block one nostril. Roll over and let the process reverse. Lie on your back and let both block with the bonus that the moment you fall asleep (admittedly unlikely) you'll let loose an enormous neighbour-waking snore that sounds like a hippo farting in a mud-pit. You'll awake in a panic and inadvertently snort half that snot (which will still leave plenty) and choke.

Dragging breaths through a throat that makes a noise like demonic imps eating a Crunchie also doesn't help.

Things seem to be subsiding into a general lethargic malaise. I have an inkling of a desire for a crisp sandwich. That would make a change to my weekend diet of ibuprofen, ibuprofen, and more ibuprofen. Am I the only person in the world that doesn't have opiates?

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #22882 on: 13 January, 2020, 08:05:32 pm »
warming up, that was blustery out there
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

ian

« Reply #22883 on: 14 January, 2020, 10:20:49 am »
Today I am zombie, the most stupid of the supernatural creatures, entirely reliant on people stumbling into a dark room with only one door.

(Don't believe any of that running nonsense. Zombies don't run. Despite the evident similarities, those are joggers and not the raging undead.)

« Reply #22884 on: 14 January, 2020, 12:36:51 pm »
After a bad night coughing I logged onto my work PC intending to book myself off sick...... and got dragged onto 2 conference calls  :facepalm:        Luckily my immediate manager was on both so when I told him I was signing off for a bit he wasn't too surprised...

A nice call as well from someone I've worked with on a couple of projects but never met.  She's leaving with a 2 year pay off at the end of next week & called me to rub it in say goodbye.

ian

« Reply #22885 on: 16 January, 2020, 09:28:16 pm »
I've never booked myself off sick, seems like unnecessary paperwork, my boss won't know how to approve it because Americans aren't allowed to be sick (it's almost that bad). I just come and go, I like to think of myself as more of a tide than an employee.

Other than a horrid spasmy hypersensitive throat and the occasional outburst of residual nasal ectoplasm, things seemed to be settling down.

I am feeling odd though. I'm tidying my office. And before that I sorted all my pension statements into the three necessary piles as a prelude to handing them to a grown-up to make sense of. This isn't me. I never tidy my office. And I certainly never file paperwork. I have been replaced.

« Reply #22886 on: 16 January, 2020, 10:02:10 pm »
It's stupidly the same Mark Of Shame to take a day, as to take a week , so I won't go back until Monday.  I slept OK last night but went shopping earlier & felt crap when I got home, so obviously not cured.   I may need to pop into the office though as I have all of my parcels delivered there, and the longer I leave them the  more chance there is of some Light Fingered Larry walking off with them.    I need to print some personal stuff off as well & don't have a printer at home.   A visit to Rymans may be on the cards for tomorrow.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #22887 on: 16 January, 2020, 10:20:05 pm »

It was VERY subtle; just a little lackof brightness in the bottom right-hand corner...

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #22888 on: 17 January, 2020, 10:06:23 am »
Yawning. Too much coffee yesterday, with the usual effects.

« Reply #22889 on: 17 January, 2020, 10:15:48 am »
En route to yet another funeral.  Saying goodbye to friends and family, many too young to die imo, is becoming an overwhelming part of my life.

I am so relieved that I made time to go and visit him just a few weeks ago.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #22890 on: 17 January, 2020, 12:45:34 pm »
En route to yet another funeral.  Saying goodbye to friends and family, many too young to die imo, is becoming an overwhelming part of my life.

I am so relieved that I made time to go and visit him just a few weeks ago.

Condolences.

« Reply #22891 on: 17 January, 2020, 03:46:48 pm »
Child containment for the third time this week.
Daughter in laws mother has been in hospital so she's over there, so we've been doing the school run and making sure all three grandchildren stay in the cellar until dad gets home.
(It's either the cellar or endless episodes some Tank Engine thing)
Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

« Reply #22892 on: 20 January, 2020, 10:53:38 pm »
Reading a book in a hotel in Bath, as Miss Dan the Elder has her first uni interview tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #22893 on: 21 January, 2020, 10:20:08 am »
Looking at the date and thinking that if we still had our company I'd have been doing a VAT declaration just now.

« Reply #22894 on: 21 January, 2020, 10:31:22 am »
Looking at the date and thinking that if we still had our company I'd have been doing a VAT declaration just now.
It would be another week before I would have been pressing the panic button on that one.

as for what I am doing right now - wasting time, I need to get out onto the road and clock up some miles but I really can't be bothered, I should be making an effort, it's dry, no wind, +7c, and the bikes ready to go .... but think I will have more coffee and biscuits instead

I will enjoy it when I get going, just getting goings my problem

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #22895 on: 21 January, 2020, 11:05:29 am »
I did 30-odd in 5°C with a wind-chill of around 10°C yesterday and it wasn't much fun. Today it's colder and the wind is stronger so I'm staying in the warm.  Anyway, it's lunchtime.

« Reply #22896 on: 22 January, 2020, 11:21:19 am »
Having started work early with a call with Hong Kong, I'm currently wondering when I'm going to escape a near-on constant stream of meetings to manage to get a shower.

Signed,

Smelly of Wanstead.

« Reply #22897 on: 22 January, 2020, 11:49:39 am »
I just received an email from this company, and I spent a good few minutes chuckling at the name, and then had to look them up to see how on earth they arrived at the name.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #22898 on: 22 January, 2020, 02:03:08 pm »
The namesh Bond... Womble Bond!
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #22899 on: 22 January, 2020, 02:39:25 pm »
eating a small bowl of nuts