Author Topic: Sh!te courier thread  (Read 143247 times)

Re: Sh!te courier thread
« Reply #500 on: 10 September, 2020, 01:26:22 pm »
DPD's crown in Rugby at least has well and truly slipped.

I ordered a pair of pedals from Bike24 over 3 weeks back.  They arrived at DPD's local DC on 16th August and then went into "in transit" on 17th.  Not "out for delivery" mind, "in transit"

After a week I contacted Bike24 who were less than helpful but eventually raised an issue with DPD.  After two weeks I reminded Bike24 who curtly told me to be patient.  Fuck that. I ordered a pair of the same pedals later that day from Tredz.

I also contacted DPD who promise to respond in upto 4 hours:  It was 4 days and a "pass you on to somebody else" fob off.   Still no reply.

After my morning run and breakfast today I fired off more emails to DPD and Bike24 as it is now over 3 weeks.

The Royal Mail delivered my Tredz order a couple of hours ago.   I have now cancelled my Bike24 order and requested a refund.

DPD have been shite in this but Bike24 haven't covered themselves in glory either.   Tredz and The Royal Mail on the other hand ...

The good news is that my recently acquired tandem can now go for pilot trials.    👍

Nick H.

« Reply #501 on: 25 September, 2020, 01:02:23 am »
I've had parcels stolen by drivers for DPD, DHL and UPS in the last 18 months. I live in Brixton, and everyone's got the message that the police don't investigate non-violent theft any more. The criminals are off the fucking hook. It's impossible to do anything about it, because even if the customer service people go through the motions of giving a shit, which takes many hours of nagging, the GPS data turns out to be 'unavailable' (presumably the drivers know how to disable it) and the signature turns out to  be just a scribble. So the drivers get away with it, and blame the customer, or the collection point staff, or some unknown thief who somehow got into my building undetected at just the right moment. The DHL guy even had the cheek to accuse me personally of signing for my parcel, which had a £1,000 phone in it. That was his opening gambit. I was the thief, doing it in order to make a fraudulent insurance claim. Now I try to make sure that nothing is delivered to me - it goes to the local collection point. At least this stops me from being accused of thievery. But it doesn't stop things being 'lost'. There's no solution to this. The criminals can just do what they want, and their managers couldn't give a fuck.

fuzzy

« Reply #502 on: 25 September, 2020, 11:13:41 am »
There is an easy solution.

Go to the shops to buy stuff. It doesn't need the insertion of a dleivery element then.

On line retail is a thieves paradise. Bricks and mortar stores still deal with theft but they are generally the victim, not you.

« Reply #503 on: 25 September, 2020, 11:55:35 am »
No-contact deliveries have presumably also provided a certain amount of plausible deniability to the nefarious.

« Reply #504 on: 25 September, 2020, 12:00:25 pm »
DHL round here take a picture of your front door with the package leaning against it.  There is more than one image of my otherwise bare feet adorned with my Oofos Slides with a parcel between them.

The image of the missing pedals is ominous by it's absence.

Nick H.

« Reply #505 on: 25 September, 2020, 06:29:28 pm »
There is an easy solution.

Go to the shops to buy stuff.
It's hard to find French silk tubs in the shops! But this afternoon thery magically reappeared from the depths of the UPS driver's cave of stupid.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #506 on: 27 September, 2020, 08:46:23 pm »
Russian Post, or ParcelFarce?

Not sure who gets the credit.  On Wednesday, 23-09 at 21:35 (timezone unknown), somewhere in Moskva, my parcel was "Despatched to the UK".  Four days later there is no update.  Has it gone by ship?  Or perhaps there's a Lada chugging across Europe with my package.

Russian Post gets full credit for the run-up to 'despatch'.  Parcel was dropped off at a local Moscow post office on Friday, 18/09, so that's five days from posting to 'leaving the country' - all taking place in the greater Moscow area.

Good thing I'm not desperate to receive this package, otherwise I would have been ranting about the seller who took a week to collect funds from WesterUnion.  ::-)
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
« Reply #507 on: 29 September, 2020, 07:10:30 pm »
SW Logistics.  Today they delivered one Solar Panel and one jigsaw puzzle.  Two of the former was what left the vendor.  Not only that, the driver was just about the most miserable article I have encountered in a long while.  I wonder if it'll be him again on Thursday when the replacement arrives.
2023 targets: Survive. Maybe.
There is only one infinite resource in this universe; human stupidity.

Andrij

• Андрій
« Reply #508 on: 30 September, 2020, 09:09:31 pm »

Not sure who gets the credit.  On Wednesday, 23-09 at 21:35 (timezone unknown), somewhere in Moskva, my parcel was "Despatched to the UK".  Four days later there is no update.  Has it gone by ship?  Or perhaps there's a Lada chugging across Europe with my package.

Russian Post gets full credit for the run-up to 'despatch'.  Parcel was dropped off at a local Moscow post office on Friday, 18/09, so that's five days from posting to 'leaving the country' - all taking place in the greater Moscow area.

Good thing I'm not desperate to receive this package, otherwise I would have been ranting about the seller who took a week to collect funds from WesterUnion.  ::-)

One week since my parcel was "Despatched to the UK" from Moscow, and still no update.  My money is on transport by Lada, but heading East from Moscow, not West.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #509 on: 30 September, 2020, 09:25:17 pm »

One week since my parcel was "Despatched to the UK" from Moscow, and still no update.  My money is on transport by Lada, but heading East from Moscow, not West.

Once they've built the Bering Strait Fixed Link (and the infrastructure at either end) it'll be in Anchorage in no time.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

ian

« Reply #510 on: 07 October, 2020, 10:10:59 am »
My beer didn't arrive yesterday because Yodel found 'my property to be inaccessible.' Yetis in the driveway, bears behind the porch, I assume. Or big fat lie.

For bonus points, it seems we have to contact them to arrange redelivery.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #511 on: 07 October, 2020, 11:24:49 am »
My beer didn't arrive yesterday because Yodel found 'my property to be inaccessible.' Yetis in the driveway, bears behind the porch, I assume. Or big fat lie.

They did that to me.  The distance from Larrington Gardens Road to the Grand Portico of Larrington Towers is about twelve of the BRITONS' feet, but I expect their lackey got confused by the front door being on Larrington Gardens Road and not Larrington Towers Road* like wot the address says.  Subsequent Yodelackeys have found it without difficulty.  You can do the redelivery thing via their webshite without any nonsense from the “Sorry We Missed You” lie-card, which in my case I had not got.

* front door jiggery-pokery courtesy of a Mr H Göring and his æronaut friends.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Andrij

• Андрій
« Reply #512 on: 07 October, 2020, 03:04:51 pm »

Once they've built the Bering Strait Fixed Link (and the infrastructure at either end) it'll be in Anchorage in no time.

They must have turned back West when they hit the Urals.

The saga:
* 5 days from posting in Moscow to being exported from Moscow
* 13 days from export to arrival in the UK
* <10 hours from arrival to delivery.

THE END

ian

« Reply #513 on: 07 October, 2020, 03:09:27 pm »

They did that to me.  The distance from Larrington Gardens Road to the Grand Portico of Larrington Towers is about twelve of the BRITONS' feet, but I expect their lackey got confused by the front door being on Larrington Gardens Road and not Larrington Towers Road* like wot the address says.  Subsequent Yodelackeys have found it without difficulty.  You can do the redelivery thing via their webshite without any nonsense from the “Sorry We Missed You” lie-card, which in my case I had not got.

* front door jiggery-pokery courtesy of a Mr H Göring and his æronaut friends.

I think it was because it was 6pm and he couldn't be bothered finishing the route. Mostly annoyed my wife who kept getting texts saying 'soon, sooner, soonist' and then 'no can do.'

I'm quite sure my property is accessible and there's only two houses my street so it's not exactly difficult to find.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #514 on: 07 October, 2020, 05:57:29 pm »
I quite like Yodel. They deliver to our side door porch without even ringing the bell. Regardless of whether we're in or out, in bed or up. Perfect
Most other outfits, including royal mail do likewise after failing to get a response to the front door bell.
There's only one major courier (can't recall the name just now) (DPD? something like that) who throw a sulk if we don't provide a presence.
In fact Royal mail and Yodel had to de-learn actually walking into the kitchen.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #515 on: 07 October, 2020, 06:35:46 pm »

Opened front door to go out, found an open parcel with lose black nitrile gloves (quite a few), and next to it the item my housemate had ordered. He hadn't ordered the gloves.

Then just now opened front door to find my saw was there on the door step.

No knock. I was in at both times.

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

ian

« Reply #516 on: 07 October, 2020, 08:05:32 pm »
Attempt 2. Couldn't access your property. (I'm not sure of the exact wording, my wife is stomping around, conjuring up some precisely honed invective – it's not like it's urgent but stop telling us you're going to deliver it and not, I don't give a shit if you say 'next Tuesday'.)

I checked. Fortress gate? No. Moat? No. Drawbridge? No. Flaming flagons of boiling oil? On the hob.

I'd like a moat around The Asbestos Palace though. At the weekend, I was admiring the moat around Groombridge Place. Alas, it's not the sort of thing you can steal.

I think most of the couriers these days are 'franchises', everyone hates Hermes, but the couple who deliver our stuff for them are the best of the bunch.

« Reply #517 on: 07 October, 2020, 08:15:13 pm »
Due to the no signature rules most couriers are using I'm generally finding our deliveries dumped in various locations in our workshop.

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #518 on: 21 October, 2020, 01:44:57 pm »
DHL this morning. Guy comes to the door to deliver a package which was a load of financial stuff which needed reading and signing for a return this afternoon in a separate pick up. Demands the paperwork for the return, which I don't have (I didn't know it, but it was in the package). Aggressively tells me, 'You booked it mate, you should have the paperwork'. I didn't book it (the sender did), and told him so, and that if there was no paperwork it wasn't my problem, it was the sender's. 'Well I can't fucking take it if you don't have the paperwork'. I repeated that it wasn't my problem. 'Well, fuck you you bellend' was his delightful reply. I slammed the door in his face, at which point he started a rant of spectacular proportions (all on video). Unfortunately, I rose to it and reopened the door and told him where to get off. He then approached me and threatened me before marching off. I hesitated then followed him to a) make sure he left my property, and b) didn't damage anything on the way (he was ranting the whole time). He went to his van, where there was another driver. He had a fairly incoherent rant about me at the other guy, at which point I thought they were both going to have a go at me - I was about 20m away, the other side of the cars in the drive. I told them they were on camera (they were, but that one wasn't recording), at which point they retired to the van, had a loud but unintelligible conversation, and then left.

I was very shaken, but managed to get hold of their customer service people to make a complaint. I also told the sender, who has a very large account with DHL so they promised to follow it up from their end. I've told both the sender and DHL that I don't want DHL people on my property ever again.

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #519 on: 21 October, 2020, 01:52:27 pm »
Bloody hell Tim. I'd be calling the old bill on that one.  I hope you're not too shaken by it all.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

TimC

« Reply #520 on: 21 October, 2020, 02:41:36 pm »
Bloody hell Tim. I'd be calling the old bill on that one.  I hope you're not too shaken by it all.

Yes, I thought about that, but I've done it through DHL and the big finance company whose package it was. I don't want to get involved in a protracted investigation and legal process; I'd rather they dealt with it internally and let me move on. It was very unpleasant, and I really don't need to relive it!

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #521 on: 21 October, 2020, 03:22:39 pm »
I'd suggest a restorative cup of tea/brown drink/G&T/light ale.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

TimC

« Reply #522 on: 21 October, 2020, 05:18:03 pm »
Tea will do nicely!

rr

« Reply #523 on: 21 October, 2020, 11:52:00 pm »
TNT who work use to send me stuff including expensive IT equipment. Their database maps my postcode to the next street.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #524 on: 10 November, 2020, 07:27:29 pm »

Got an email to say that my jacket is being sent back to me after it was repaired. Yay! Then I read the email, and the address it lists is missing the house number. So it'll never arrive... cos it's a UK system and it's truncated the last digits off the address line, which are most important... Have emailed the company sending the parcel, and sent a tweet to the courier (parcel farce). Let's see how we get on with fixing it...

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/