Author Topic: iPhone  (Read 1401 times)

iPhone
« on: 22 May, 2021, 10:39:13 am »
I have an iPhone 7+ that has developed a fault that is now at senior level of Apple Care and they cannot decide if it is a software or battery fault.
Because the repair is out of guarantee I am not inclined to spend on what is an old phone, but I like the size and the camera.

Any advice which iPhone (it must be an iPhone) I should replace it with without going brand new, please?
Never knowingly under caffeinated

Re: iPhone
« Reply #1 on: 22 May, 2021, 10:41:05 am »
How much do you want to spend? It's worth looking at the Apple refurbished phones on the Apple store

« Reply #2 on: 22 May, 2021, 11:57:43 am »
How much do you want to spend? It's worth looking at the Apple refurbished phones on the Apple store
Thanks. I didn't know that Apple did refurbished phones

« Reply #3 on: 22 May, 2021, 12:37:07 pm »
The refurbs Apple sells are open-box returns, so only new models and only a bit less than a new one, though still a handy way to get a discount. Especially as they usually have no sign they've ever been touched by a human.

Size is complicated since they embiggened the screens by ditching the home button. The standard iPhone X/XS/11/12 has about the same amount of screen space as a 7 Plus but is a similar external size as the old non-plus.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #4 on: 22 May, 2021, 03:36:47 pm »
(Looks at prices on FruitCo site; blanches)

I see Giffgaff do older refurbished JesusPhones for altogether less folding stuff.  I might even be tempted.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #5 on: 22 May, 2021, 05:25:57 pm »

Size is complicated since they embiggened the screens by ditching the home button. The standard iPhone X/XS/11/12 has about the same amount of screen space as a 7 Plus but is a similar external size as the old non-plus.
That'd be useful. They'd fit pockets better

ian

« Reply #6 on: 22 May, 2021, 08:22:02 pm »
I bought an XR a year or two back, I'm very happy with it. Doubt I'll be replacing it for a year or three.

« Reply #7 on: 22 May, 2021, 09:01:46 pm »
The standard 12 is a reasonable size, and has the nice rectangular shaped case of the 6.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)