Author Topic: Kirk Micheal to Ramsey - The Old Railway Track  (Read 1180 times)

Kirk Micheal to Ramsey - The Old Railway Track
« on: 02 August, 2019, 06:01:39 am »
Does anyone know from recent experience how accessible the old railway track is from Kirk Micheal to Ramsey?

On Google maps satview it looks promising but of course it could be very different on the ground.

Small group of mixed cycles from mountain bike to hybrid to road bike so hope at least some of it may be doable?

Thanks in advance!
“They deem me mad because I will not sell my days for gold; and I deem them mad because they think my days have a price.” ― Khalil Gibran

Re: Kirk Micheal to Ramsey - The Old Railway Track
« Reply #1 on: 14 August, 2019, 09:33:28 pm »
OK from my own experience last weekend;

You can get on the track at Station Road next to the old railway station. That said its only tarmac / gravel for about a mile and it quickly narrows down to a bumpy path with a lot of vegetation coming at you from either side!

Do-able on a mountain bike or hybrid - maybe even a cross - but expect to get muddy if its been raining recently!

We ended up just getting back on the road as it was early morning and quiet anyway.
“They deem me mad because I will not sell my days for gold; and I deem them mad because they think my days have a price.” ― Khalil Gibran