Author Topic: Rose bikes stops selling to the UK  (Read 31353 times)

Re: Rose bikes stops selling to the UK
« Reply #250 on: 07 April, 2021, 01:38:14 pm »
Brooks are owned by Selle Royal (since 2002). They also own Fizik, Crank Brothers, PedalEd and some other brands. I read somewhere that they have an Italian distribution hub through which all their products are despatched worldwide, hence the issues.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
Re: Rose bikes stops selling to the UK
« Reply #251 on: 06 July, 2021, 07:44:37 pm »

I ordered a wind proof jacket from a UK based company, the person in the postroom wanted to make sure it was insured properly, and so put £250 on the value declaration. Not realising that I would be taxed on that value when it arrived here. So my €150 jacket arrived, and I got charged €73.88 to get it through customs. I phoned the company, and explained it all, they were very confused, and it took them a few days to chase down what had happened. Today they phoned back and agreed to refund the difference between what I should have paid, and what I did pay. So i got my €30 back.

I wonder how many other people buying stuff from the UK get hit by such things because those doing the packaging up just don't realised the implications of the paperwork they are doing.

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/