Author Topic: Recovering from Pulmonary Embolism  (Read 1138 times)

JennyB

• Old enough to know better
Recovering from Pulmonary Embolism
« on: 01 January, 2020, 06:59:51 pm »
2019 was not a great year for me. First I came off the bike back in February and strained a knee ligament. Then in the summer I developed a chest  infection that came and went, but stayed around for months. In the middle of  November I got a sudden pulmonary embolism that left me in hospital for a week. It could have been a lot worse; I was only on oxygen for the first night.  Not I’m out an feeling a lot better since I don’t have to stick any more needles in my belly, though I will still be on blood thinners for at least five more months.

I’ve possibly been doing more than I should over Christmas, and I’m now coming to realise that it will be quite some while before I am completely recovered. I can walk quite well on the flat, but any sort of hill takes a  A lot out of me, and I get mentally tired quickly as well. It doesn’t help that I’m also off HRT at least until I see the haematologist next week.

Have you any advice on how to make the rest of my recovery as short and pleasant as possible?
Jennifer - Walker of hills

Re: Recovering from Pulmonary Embolism
« Reply #1 on: 01 January, 2020, 10:39:35 pm »
No great ideas.
Ask for some physio or a gym membership from your GPfor the depression or weight loss.

Take trace elements, vitamins, etc.
 Be gently firm with yourself.