Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 896727 times)

Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #6400 on: 19 May, 2023, 08:45:16 am »
She's basically the winner of Chumpie's Apprentice scheme.  Total box of frogs, raging white supremacist, rabid right to life before birth only loon and just like chumpie, very very dangerous.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #6401 on: 19 May, 2023, 03:34:44 pm »
Will Self

He kind of has a point - no way did Adrian Chiles get the job on merit - but mate, there are ways of saying this that don't make you look like a cunt.

I know it's his shtick, and I love his books, but these are real people he's talking about.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

ian

« Reply #6402 on: 19 May, 2023, 09:01:45 pm »
He won't be writing any Guardian opinion columns any time soon, I guess. I thought it was quite funny, it does cast some typically Selfian logorrheic shade over what is increasingly a terrible newspaper.

I'm not entirely sure Chiles is a real person though.

« Reply #6403 on: 20 May, 2023, 11:15:41 am »
^ is there a link for those of us  ???
simplicity, truth, equality, peace

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #6405 on: 20 May, 2023, 02:47:03 pm »
Skimming through both of those, I don’t really care, am more inclined to agree with self, and am not convinced that this raises him above the level of simple vulgarity to the lauded level of ST.  Surely he does not deserve a place at the same table as Farage or the conservative partay

« Reply #6406 on: 20 May, 2023, 08:14:59 pm »
By an unfortunate coincidence Mr Self has a piece in today's Guardian.  An obituary for Martin Amis....   :(

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2023/may/20/martin-amis-he-stamped-his-style-over-a-generation-of-writers-and-readers
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

citoyen

« Reply #6407 on: 20 May, 2023, 09:49:08 pm »
Skimming through both of those, I don’t really care, am more inclined to agree with self, and am not convinced that this raises him above the level of simple vulgarity to the lauded level of ST.  Surely he does not deserve a place at the same table as Farage or the conservative partay

Thing is, this is not his first offence.

With this piece, it’s the thinly veiled misogyny I find problematic. I don’t mind him calling out the waste of space that is Chiles.

Still think he’s a brilliant writer but this is not his best work.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #6408 on: 21 May, 2023, 06:23:54 am »
By an unfortunate coincidence Mr Self has a piece in today's Guardian.  An obituary for Martin Amis....   :(

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2023/may/20/martin-amis-he-stamped-his-style-over-a-generation-of-writers-and-readers
That appears to be by John Self, not Will Self.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

Clare

• Is in NZ
« Reply #6409 on: 21 May, 2023, 07:03:36 am »
Not sure if that's an in joke, John Self was a character in one of Amis' books, I think.

« Reply #6410 on: 21 May, 2023, 07:39:45 am »

Thing is, this is not his first offence.

With this piece, it’s the thinly veiled misogyny I find problematic. I don’t mind him calling out the waste of space that is Chiles.

Still think he’s a brilliant writer but this is not his best work.

I read it. One of the few things I've read in the Guardian in recent months, such is their decline in quality. Yes, the imputation that Viner is so feeble as to be easily influenced by Chile's cock is misogyny, but it is only a tiny part of the column (pun intended). What struck me is just how poor the rest of the article is. Way under par for Self.

« Reply #6411 on: 21 May, 2023, 08:14:04 am »
In here coz we don't have an inverse nominative determinism thread, and she's a permanent here anyhow Suella Scaredeywoman

« Reply #6412 on: 21 May, 2023, 10:04:48 am »
Been bubbling a while that story. It was explained to her by her civil servants that as Attorney General she should understand the Law and as as HS  it wouldn't be appropriate to claim the fine as an MP expense.

« Reply #6413 on: 21 May, 2023, 10:41:06 am »

That appears to be by John Self, not Will Self.

Oops!     :-[

" John Self, who took his pen name from an Amis character"

citoyen

« Reply #6414 on: 21 May, 2023, 05:12:00 pm »
Yes, the imputation that Viner is so feeble as to be easily influenced by Chile's cock is misogyny, but it is only a tiny part of the column (pun intended).

Agreed, it's only a small part of the content, but it's what he leads with - first impressions, and all that.

What struck me is just how poor the rest of the article is. Way under par for Self.

Yes, it's very poor.

But not so bad as to make me feel any sympathy for Chiles, who is just a weird creep. (I already knew this for reasons I'm not sharing here.)

« Reply #6415 on: 21 May, 2023, 05:18:11 pm »
In which case, I daresay Self knows it too, and it might be a bit of an in-joke

« Reply #6416 on: 21 May, 2023, 07:12:48 pm »
I'm seeing accusation of nepotism, not sure how that == misogyny.
I could say that "shit article" could be levelled at so many articles on the BBC these days.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #6417 on: 22 May, 2023, 11:02:49 am »
“I’m backing Brexit all the way, as hard as you like” – Grant Shapps and Corinne Stockheath, in 2016

“I was never a Brexiter, so it’s not my ideology” – Sebastian Fox and Michael Green, this week

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #6418 on: 25 May, 2023, 06:45:59 pm »
At the recent Nat-C Conference professional gobshite Katharine Birbalsingh asked:

How much do you love your country?

Enough to Tweet under your own name?

Sideshow Birb calls herself “Miss_Snuffy” on Twitter.

« Reply #6419 on: 26 May, 2023, 06:34:47 pm »
Oakeshitt.   :sick:

« Reply #6420 on: 26 May, 2023, 07:03:30 pm »
Oakeshitt.   :sick:

She has a permanent seat on the Council of Super Twat.

citoyen

« Reply #6421 on: 27 May, 2023, 11:37:03 am »
Every single one of the utter cunts who was involved in any way in creating this piece of shit:

https://twitter.com/LeoHickman/status/1662357455513190400?s=20
[yet another tedious Littlejohn rant in the Daily Heil, illustrated in just about the most offensive way possible - deeply cynical way to provoke a reaction]

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #6422 on: 27 May, 2023, 11:43:54 am »
So he’s claiming that elected members of parliament are out of order because they oppose other elected members of parliament? Twat!
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #6423 on: 27 May, 2023, 03:33:47 pm »
Does that tedious peasant Smellyface Littlejohn still pontificate about “broken BRITAIN” from a gated community in Florida?

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #6424 on: 27 May, 2023, 07:17:23 pm »
"We're rich old white men and the world is slipping from our grasp".

That's the reason for this article, Brexit, Trump, Erdogan, Putin and most other nasty shit today.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.